New Tachs Bluetooth-equipped

YO, drunks…!!!

automotiveworld.com/news-re … gulations/

“The details are contained in the new EU Regulation 165/2014 on tachographs in road transport. Here it is recommended that future digital tachographs should have three new functions: an ITS interface (Intelligent Transport Systems), a DSRC interface (Dedicated Short Range Communication) and GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) integration.”

Are you another member of the McFly family?
A link and quote referring to the “new” 2014 regs, put onto the end of a thread from 2010…
Or just a boring Sunday morning? :smiley:

Lucy:

DAF95XF:
What does MMTM mean :confused:

My Mate Told Me

Or its another rdc waiting room story, other drivers have heard all the sas stories, so it’s now dvsa/police downloading your card remotely, …

There are now systems in place for companies to download data remotely. Both vehicle and driver-card data.
I don`t know about the current legalities of Police etc doing it, but if it can be done, which it can, it surely will be done.
Lots of systems out there, some factory fitted, some add-on like this
tachosys.com/Products/RemoteDownload

dave:

Coffeeholic:
You sure George doesn’t have a nameplate in his window. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

no , but he had a great big trailer with GEORGE written on the side :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like bold bloke :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I heard this tale on a cpc course,I asked how when I search and pair my phone to the Bluetooth in the unit it only comes up with ivecoconnect and not the tachohead number.
It’s a myth :smiley:

A mate told me he kissed a girl. I tried kissing a girl once, and she slapped my face.
So it`s obviously a myth that boys kiss girls. :smiley:

Yorkielad:
I heard this tale on a cpc course,I asked how when I search and pair my phone to the Bluetooth in the unit it only comes up with ivecoconnect and not the tachohead number.
It’s a myth :smiley:

What reg is your IVECO? Open Bluetooth connection in our 16 plate MANs and you’ll see some additional connections that I can’t identify. I’m not saying they ARE the tacho unit, but there’s definitely something else there.

206doorman:
The cops can now read your digi tachograph remotely.

Our new ‘10’ reg truck was stopped the other day. The cop wanders over and says " Hello George" !

I don’t know the range of their readers,but if it’s any good,they’ll be watching your readout as you
pass by and stop you if they see any infringments.

[Maybe I missed this being discussed previously?]

ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/news/import … tachograph

206doorman:
The cops can now read your digi tachograph remotely.

Our new ‘10’ reg truck was stopped the other day. The cop wanders over and says " Hello George" !

I don’t know the range of their readers,but if it’s any good,they’ll be watching your readout as you
pass by and stop you if they see any infringments.

[Maybe I missed this being discussed previously?]

I don think who they can read 10 reg plate truck .May be company where work this man voluntary give access to VOSA man.But this is still nor legal requirement.

Congratulations, Andrejs you are the winner.

As for the others - you have about a year to sober up…

Amazing that the only one to be able to read here is a guy who can’t write proper English and come from the country with possibly the worst HGV training system in EU.

Usually a 16 plate Iveco but used the 15 plates too,both set ups appear the same when searching on Bluetooth,Siemens tacho unit.

kyk:
Congratulations, Andrejs you are the winner.

As for the others - you have about a year to sober up…

Amazing that the only one to be able to read here is a guy who can’t write proper English and come from the country with possibly the worst HGV training system in EU.

Ha ha .There in England plenty Brits drivers have much more infigiment that EU.Some drivers not clue what mean some road sign,come to work in dirty HI VIS and smell no so good…To many drivers have lost licence due point .Yes EE drivers as well must improve language,driving skills.But so much Brits as well must improve to many think.

Captain Caveman:
… and you’ll see some additional connections that I can’t identify.

Have noticed on a few new hire trucks theres a rabdomly named bluetooth connection plus usually the connection to the radio or similar. Most are MAN trucks but seem it in others too and have wondered what it is. Can’t pair with it.

trevHCS:

Captain Caveman:

Have noticed on a few new hire trucks theres a rabdomly named bluetooth connection plus usually the connection to the radio or similar. Most are MAN trucks but seem it in others too and have wondered what it is. Can’t pair with it.

Pipe down you two,
Or you will uncover the precursor to full automation.

Remote control drones.

trevHCS:

Captain Caveman:

That’s for diagnostic, not for government departments to spy on you… Also ever tried contacting to Bluetooth, never easy.

Bako-foil hats available on ground floor…

AndieHyde:

trevHCS:

Captain Caveman:

Pipe down you two,

Remote control drones.

Is that the driver or the truck?

shortfatbaldbloke:
I know the version 1.4 is going to have gps built in, when you arrive back at base info will download to the reciever automatically.

I was told this on our cpc course tacho/wtd section.

I have this GPS locator on my new Renault T but we still have to conect a bluetooth device into the Tacho head to download remotely. I had to look up in the book what the new symbol was , looks like a Lollipop ,that flashes now and again and when I log on and off.

Captain Caveman 76:

AndieHyde:

trevHCS:

Captain Caveman:

Pipe down you two,

Remote control drones.

Is that the driver or the truck?

Well, have you ever seen one of those earpieces worn by a certain type of driver actually fall out?
Thats because the wires in to their brains keep them in place.

All of our fleet has the latest tachos fitted and they download constantly using their own wi-fi connection. I’m now based in the logistics dept and part of what I do is ‘compliance’, so I have live access to all tachos at any time. We use Tachomaster so all the data is collected there and is accessed via their software.

Can the police/vosa access it remotely?

My training dept says ‘yes’ although I haven’t personally witnessed it. In theory there is nothing to stop them as all they need is the access codes to the wi-fi, which (I’m told) they are given.

No myth, no waiting room banter, I use the tech every day.