Does anyone bother with POA?

Reason I ask, ive never used it just stick it on break if waiting for a while, and if you on digi it does ■■■■ up your driving time if you clock up more than 45 mins :smiling_imp:

I’ve heard of companies and agencies that will not pay for BREAK times shown on the tacho…

Only ever use Other Work or Break. Have never used POA and never will :wink:

Dont use POA mode on tacho cant see the point its either work or break

Ive never used it since it was introduced if im in the lorry im working or having a break nothing else.

Ignored it since it started, never been pulled up about it, most gaffers think it is a waste of time, and I am ignoring the CPC as well if I cant drive trucks so what, I will be 60 anyway.

And if the price off diesel keeps rising only the East Europeans will be employed at a £10 a week anyway.

Been driving for 9 years and never used POA.

I am not even sure what POA stands for and I bet my boss doesn’t either - never used it

but say for example you started your day, drove to an rdc which took say 2 hours and sat there with it on break for a couple of hours. would that not “wipe the slate clean” and when you started yp again you would only have 4 and a half hours driving time left before you started a daily rest or had another 45 and drove for 10 hours? :question:

all depends on the company you work for, some think because your daily log states you have had 4 hours break they actually think thats how much break you have had,and pay accordingly, i use p.o.a everday, its not hard to keep a check on your driving time, plus if stopped by vosa outside r,d,c you carnt tell them you just had a break whilst on a bay, but ive been driving for stobbie so paperwork and recording things are a big issue like you wouldnt believe!..roll on my new job

Santa:
I am not even sure what POA stands for and I bet my boss doesn’t either - never used it

periods of availability and he should no

Santa:

[zb] Off and Available :smiley:

joedwyer1:
but say for example you started your day, drove to an rdc which took say 2 hours and sat there with it on break for a couple of hours. would that not “wipe the slate clean” and when you started yp again you would only have 4 and a half hours driving time left before you started a daily rest or had another 45 and drove for 10 hours? :question:

I think you are getting the driving regs mixed up…

Completing the 45 mins of break does ‘reset’ the 4.5 hour driving clock but you do not ‘lose’ the 2.5 hours of driving which is what I think you are alluding to - yes■■?

Example of a 9 hour driving day -
2 hours driving
2 hours break
4.5 hours driving
1 hour break
2.5 hours driving
Total time = 12 hours

Another example of a 9 hour driving day -
2 hours driving
2 hours POA - BEWARE, the silly digi tacho will often assume this is break - ignore it
2.5 hours driving
1 hour break
4.5 hours driving
Total time = 12 hours

yeah thats what i thought rog.

Used to be paid for every hour you booked for POA but since i’ve changed jobs ive never used it

dustylfc:
all depends on the company you work for, some think because your daily log states you have had 4 hours break they actually think thats how much break you have had,and pay accordingly, i use p.o.a everday, its not hard to keep a check on your driving time, plus if stopped by vosa outside r,d,c you carnt tell them you just had a break whilst on a bay, but ive been driving for stobbie so paperwork and recording things are a big issue like you wouldnt believe!..roll on my new job

Why can’t you be on break when sat on a bay doing ■■■■ all??

in a nut shell NO!! never have and never will do either,same as wtd NO and never will, no jump"d up highly paid politician tell me what i can earn and what i can or can’t work, so in a nut shell, poa, and wtd they can stick it right up where the sun aint ever gunna shine, this euro trammel is ■■■■■■ with power with rules and regs if you want to work etc who the hell are they to limit you, ok some like it this way and some dont i am the one what doesnt

garnerlives:

dustylfc:

Why can’t you be on break when sat on a bay doing [zb] all??

dunno why but am sure i read it that on your break you must be free to walk about and do what you want on your break and you carnt in an rdc in fact most have sigms up saying no breaks on bays, but i may have read it wrong or getting mixed up with weekly rest period, i will try find were i read it,if am wrong i will take it all back :wink:

globby 480:
in a nut shell NO!! never have and never will do either,same as wtd NO and never will, no jump"d up highly paid politician tell me what i can earn and what i can or can’t work, so in a nut shell, poa, and wtd they can stick it right up where the sun aint ever gunna shine, this euro trammel is ■■■■■■ with power with rules and regs if you want to work etc who the hell are they to limit you, ok some like it this way and some dont i am the one what doesnt

well said brother

never used it ! its either work or break !!