Motorbikes

This 1979 Kawasaki is being restored by one of my cousins & Its looking good.

redboxer850:
You haven’t included bikers in that statement :confused:

I see lots of tossers on bikes who don’t have a clue :exclamation:

They often have a hazard perception problem especially maintaining their speed through junctions/roundabouts.
They’ll also think nothing of doing silly speeds on single carriageway roads but apply strange double standards to obeying motorway limits.
Give way to traffic ‘on a roundabout’ can sometimes mean give way to traffic that’s already established on entry to the roundabout from the left.
Which applies especially to slow accelerating long trucks in which the unit/prime mover can be well established on the roundabout well before the trailer has entered it.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0This 1979 Kawasaki is being restored by one of my cousins & Its looking good.

From memory the engine had more power than the strength of the frame which would whip and squirm front to rear.I think Dresda did a frame conversion for the beast ?.
The Yam and Suzuki two strokes were also known for being widow makers in the day.

Carryfast that is a 4 stroke 4cylinder the widow makers were 3 cylinder 2 stokes don’t argue as I used to own an h2 :grimacing: cheers Ray

Hi Larry that looks a nice project what size is it? I was watching find it fix it flog it and they had a z 900 from the early 70s which was estimated at 6800 cheers Ray

dustylfc:
i persoanlly think acceleration is a good tool to have its got me out of some near misses, but obviously speed is a factor but were there is people there will always be mistakes, we have cruise nights down the local mcdonalds and trading estates were all the kids have there kitted up micra’s and stupid little cars with lights and huge exhausts now i would say these young drivers are more of a risk to themselves and other road users than anythink on the road, its a fact the road is a dangerous place to be and i carnt ever seeing it changing

Huge lights and even huger exhausts are still bolted to very basic 1 litre hatchbacks with drum brakes and no suspension sat on third hand tyres. they go round a corner with 5 teens in like a skateboard.

Lorry drivers who cannot see a fully marked up railway bridge are hardly going to notice a motorcycle.

Car drivers who hog the white line because they cannot bear to be passed by a motorcycle.

Think Bike - Think Bike - Think Bike

The motorcyclist will have seen you and will be watching out for you to do something stupid or inconsiderate!

stargazer148:
Hi Larry that looks a nice project what size is it? I was watching find it fix it flog it and they had a z 900 from the early 70s which was estimated at 6800 cheers Ray

" Hi Stargazer 148" Im not sure He lives in Canada so the next time I speak to him I will ask, My Son is restoring a Sisuki 185 . 1975 Reg He is getting well on with it I will post it on here in due course, Regards Larry.

Sorry for my bad spelling error :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: SUZUKI, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: , rEGARDS lARRY.

My exercise walk on a evening always ends up at Chris walkers , but that confuses my thoughts on what to buy even more , bit sad though when your at a age where your not thinking what’s fastest, more what best for the creaking bones
Though I still laugh when the mrs said this one will suit you , a Indian ftr I think it was , apparently it’s got tread on the tyres whereas the ones , zx10 r I was looking at doesn’t !!!

stargazer148:
Carryfast that is a 4 stroke 4cylinder the widow makers were 3 cylinder 2 stokes don’t argue as I used to own an h2 :grimacing: cheers Ray

The point was that Yam RD or Suzuki two strokes or four stroke Kwacker Z’s had a reputation for killing their riders irresepective of number of cylinders. :wink:

Carryfast:

stargazer148:

The point was that Yam RD or Suzuki two strokes or four stroke Kwacker Z’s had a reputation for killing their riders irresepective of number of cylinders. :wink:

Make sure you button your coat before going out, you may get a chill.

Lawrence Dunbar:

stargazer148:

" Hi Stargazer 148" Im not sure He lives in Canada so the next time I speak to him I will ask, My Son is restoring a Sisuki 185 . 1975 Reg He is getting well on with it I will post it on here in due course, Regards Larry.

Hi Larry thanks for the reply look forward to seeing the Suzuki as it’ll bring back some good memories :smiley: cheers Ray

just sold 2 of mine,a Harley and a Matchless…so i have the funds for a ‘65 Ford Falcon :sunglasses:
still got a couple of old nails/classic bikes tho’ :slight_smile:

carryfast-yeti:
just sold 2 of mine,a Harley and a Matchless…so i have the funds for a ‘65 Ford Falcon :sunglasses:

Also commonly known as the Matchbox in the day ?.
By all accounts my Dad had trouble keeping my Mum awake on the back of his Ariel Square 4 in the company of HRD’s and Scotts but she was a nervous car passenger. :open_mouth:

Try to get a big block 390 and a manual box in the Falcon but it won’t be cheap. :smiley:

Carryfast:

carryfast-yeti:

By all accounts my Dad had trouble keeping my Mum awake on the back of his Ariel Square 4 in the company of HRD’s and Scotts but she was a nervous car passenger. :open_mouth:

Try to get a big block 390 and a manual box in the Falcon but it won’t be cheap. :smiley:

haha Matchbox…i prefer ‘compact!’. it’s a Gen 2 car,straight 6 3-speed,and in immaculate condition :slight_smile: a v8 would be nice,but probably out of my price range.a Galaxie would be nice,but not very practical around here!

carryfast-yeti:

Carryfast:

carryfast-yeti:

haha Matchbox…i prefer ‘compact!’. it’s a Gen 2 car,straight 6 3-speed,and in immaculate condition :slight_smile: a v8 would be nice,but probably out of my price range.a Galaxie would be nice,but not very practical around here!

The Matchbox was the nickname of the ( Matchless ) in the day. :wink:

As for the Falcon starting with a base spec can be also be a good way to leap frog the market.The V8 obviously goes in the same place as the 6 does and there are plenty of conversion kits for 3 on the tree to four on the floor.
The 390 is good but a decent 302 will get the job done and almost double the value overnight fit it with dual four barrels either way. :bulb: :smiley:

That

Think Bike! slogan

Has a double meaning…

Lawrence Dunbar:

stargazer148:

Hi “stargazer148” Its a 1000 cc Regards Larry.

Hi Larry thanks for letting me know that. I used to look after one when it’s owner was away on the oil rigs.Nice bike but my heart was with my Suzuki PE 400 enduro machine.Loved my off roading :grimacing: cheers Ray

stargazer148:

Lawrence Dunbar:

stargazer148:

Hi Larry thanks for the reply look forward to seeing the Suzuki as it’ll bring back some good memories :smiley: cheers Ray

my current historic track machine
covid messing with my hobby big time