new mobile

thinking about getting a new mobile.the thing is theres so many to select from,and choosing one is the difficult part.all i need it for is during the week day time from 07.30 to 19.00hrs,don’t use it at weekends nor evening’s.what’s the best one to go for. :question: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: and what sort of price plan is the best to go for :question:

you go into these shops and they hit you with all the jargin that you get lost with after the 2nd sentence :laughing: :laughing:

It would depend on usage! Do you use it a lot? i have 2 mobiles! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
1 on contract and one pay as you go

The contract one has 500 mins per month any network for £25.00 the other is a PAYG but if I spend £10.00 on credits a month I get free sms! so i have currently £47 in credit with the PAYG phone :open_mouth: I am not worried because once my contract has lapsed I wont re-new it! (I am not on the road much now)

I do have a small amount of PAYG sims that give free SMS(text messages) that I can send to bods that are interested! F.O.C. of course! :smiley: :wink: all legit O2 sims. new and still boxed! give me a pm!

Orange is the network to be, so I am told!!!(I am not with them)

no i don’t use it alot tc,just to let better half know when i’ll be home or incase she needs me.my other phone is only 9month old and the dam screen keeps disappearing so hence why i need a new one.its a payg as well t-mobile.

orange i think is the best network kit kat i got three phones on contract with em i just got the new sony ericsson 700ki and i gotta say it is a cool phone indeed all the gadgets on it and video messaging …i pay 29.99 a month got 400 mins any network free a month and 240 txts free a month you can get better deals but as i have been with orange for around 8 years after a terrible experience with vodafone i always reccomend orange mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

margatemafia:
orange i think is the best network kit kat i got three phones on contract with em i just got the new sony ericsson 700ki and i gotta say it is a cool phone indeed all the gadgets on it and video messaging …i pay 29.99 a month got 400 mins any network free a month and 240 txts free a month you can get better deals but as i have been with orange for around 8 years after a terrible experience with vodafone i always reccomend orange mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would recommend Orange as well. Find the tarriff that best suits you (doesn’t matter which network) and Orange will match it.

When I swapped my phone, I went onto an O2 tarriff but with Orange.

Also, if you have an existing number, ask to have it transferred to your new phone as this will save telling everybody in your phonebook!

is that off peak or what wayne :question:

kk ive just got the new nokia 7200 on 02 contract and the deal is i get double minutes and texts for three month… i know vodaphone offer more free minutes right now but i just prefer 02… as i think there prices per minute are better all round. :wink:

Well… I can only give my experiences about 3. If you want a contract, and your wife is on another network, then 3 is an option to think about. I think you can get up to 500 mins to any landline or mobile for about £25:00 a month, any time of the day. You can have add ons for txt, but it depends whether you use txt.

3 coverage is dodgey 'though. If you go for any 3 package, and use video calls, it is really a case of hit and miss as to whether the single is strong enough, and of course it is worth thinking about how many people you know with a 3 phone and who you CAN make video links to.

Txtx cost about 7.5pence each if you are on contract without an add on text contract.

margatemafia:

I can vouch for the K700i also its a quality phone and the camera and its features are top quality

simon

You can also get cheap calls with Orange as you can dial 0800 no’s free from their phones and use an overide company. See here. I’ve just gone down the contract route myself, as I’m using about £35 - £40 quid a month calling mobiles from my pay as you talk. I thought the Orange was good value anyway after all the deals come off, but the overide No makes it even better :wink: .

If you jump to money saving articles, then mobile ovveride, then it’ll give you the gist of it.

My mum reckons I take after her lol:.

I must recommend Orange. I have not had a bill since July '03 as apparently I don’t exist! I average 4 hrs a day and numerous texts. Its only a matter of time they catch up with me.

placidcasual:
I must recommend Orange. I have not had a bill since July '03 as apparently I don’t exist! I average 4 hrs a day and numerous texts. Its only a matter of time they catch up with me.

Crikey, how will you manage to pay the back-log after those extortionate fines you’ve just received for running bent… :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:grimacing:

The lesson learnt was worth more than the fine. As for the phone, who cares! Am off to NZ in 4 weeks…

Kitkat, go to the carphone whorehouse and pick up one of their buyers guides. In there they give you details of all available tarriffs and a rundown on a good number of phones available. This way you can choose the package to suit you in your own home without Johnny Salesman feeding your head with bull.

As far as handsets go - avoid camera phones. A good novelty to start with, but it’s one more thing to break if your phone jumps out your pocket when climbing down off the back of your trailer. I would also recommend Bluetooth for a wireless handsfree kit. The handsfree itself is a wee bit pricier than wired ones, but oh so much better for a driver.

Stuff all this Video Messaging as far as I’m concerned - all gimmicks. I’ve got a PC for that sort of thing. Who really uses all this crud anyway? Phones home on nights out and Text Messages is all I use mine for.

Bluetooth is great… for anyone that drives. It is basically wireless technology that allows a user to have a conversation on the mobile without wires. The only thing about bluetooth is that the ear piece is as fragile as any handset … a couple of accidents and the thing is ruined. Depending on the phone and the bluetooth connection. I think that the general range of bluetooth fairly good within a 10 metre range from the phone/handset that it is paired with.

Bluetooth headsets are small ear sets that fit around the ear, and need charging like a mobile phone. They meet legal requirements (re: driving) and can be trained to voice dial a named person…the voice dials work dependent on how clearly you speak… rather like voice to text software, it can be hit ot miss.

Video messaging is quite different to live video calls where you can speak to and see a live video image of your caller and have a real time conversation both audiably and visually. Right now, I understand that 3 are the only network to provide this service. As from next year other network providers will be able to use the same technology.

Right now… I want to know ■■■■■■■■■■■ flies with the minimum amount of effort, and without using sprays (I have fish) There’s 2 big uggers bluebottles in 'ere, and they is driving me nuts!

runaroundtel:
Right now… I want to know ■■■■■■■■■■■ flies with the minimum amount of effort, and without using sprays (I have fish) There’s 2 big uggers bluebottles in 'ere, and they is driving me nuts!

Could you fit them with Bluetooth headsets, they are Bluebottles so should be compatible, and then play them some Radio 2. That should bore them to death. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

runaroundtel:

Could you fit them with Bluetooth headsets, they are Bluebottles so should be compatible, and then play them some Radio 2. That should bore them to death. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing:

Runaroundtel, if you empty your kitchen bin and clear the mountain of dirty plates and cutlery from the kitchen too you’ll find you’ll have less of a problem :smiley:. Trust me, I speak from recent experience I hate to admit :blush: :grimacing:

Coffee… that is a very stupid sugestion … my bluebottles are like HUGE… where can I get a bluetooth ear piece for the flies… (tut) I hope that you weren’t mocking me? :open_mouth:

<<<< Grabs Radio 2 anorak and slips out of the back door (tsk) :blush:

runaroundtel:
Coffee… that is a very stupid sugestion … my bluebottles are like HUGE… where can I get a bluetooth ear piece for the flies… (tut) I hope that you weren’t mocking me? :open_mouth:

<<<< Grabs Radio 2 anorak and slips out of the back door (tsk) :blush:

the carphone warehouse do a wide variety of bluetooth ear piece’s for all size’s :laughing: