DHL BAWTRY

does anyone on the forum have anything to do with dhl bawtry ,or know of anyone who works for them
cheers graham

I`ve worked out of that site, or should I say the main site on stripe rd/ high common lane for over 4yrs on agy.
What do you need to know?

well a bit more info ,on my way home from gritting sat/sun around midnight ,i came across a dhl artic stuck in the entrance to a garage on the A33 bypass between reading and basingstoke the driver wanted a break and a pee and had gone into the site but they had closed the hgv pumps but had not put a sign out to say so ,seeing he could not turn around due to ice and snow , he tried to back out only to get stuck ,in trying to free himself he had pulled the pin and only moved inch,s ,while i was there he tried to contact his depot with no luck ,as i had offered to go to farm and collect big tractor and pull him out for a small fee
he tried other depots but no one wanted to know
i ended up going to get tractor to pull him out
i could not get behind him to pull unit back on to trailer ,so had to pull him out and up the slight incline into fuel station
i lined him up with the trailer best i could and on the third attempt he hit home and was back on the trailer ,i then pulled him around and out off the fuel station
i gave him my name and address with mobile to pass onto his boss,s
to date i have had no phone call
the driver phoned me on Sunday to thank me again ,and to say he had left my details with the office ,and would be in on Monday to speak to someone again about it
i would say that recovery would have been expensive due to time of night and the difficulty that would have been involved as they could not get in front of him as i did without driving over verge etc and would have sunk
am i nieve i thinking they would contact me
the driver did offer me £20 which i refused ,as i thought his company may have offered me something
i was going to give it a week and phone the depot
it took around an hour and a half of my time and involved a tractor with a value of over £100.000
cheers graham

I know a few of the guys there, (Ex Somerfield.) and what I would do, is send them a proper bill for the recovery, with the name of the driver on it, the vehicle reg and the trailer number.

Ken.

You have PM