West Midlands police truck

I’ve just found pics of maybe the first police truck in britain.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/birmingham-news/2009/10/23/cops-higher-up-to-halt-truck-dangers-97319-24998215/

oh for goodness sake it’s hardly in disguise is it.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

it wont catch the speeders is restricted to 56 :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

they dont use that on the road :exclamation: :exclamation: the truck they use is plain, no police marking, the whole idea behind the operation, other wise they may as well drive down the m/way with the blue and twos blasting out saying

“hey look at me truckers, best close that lap top and put that phone down as i’m a coming, bad boy, bad boys…” :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Cruise Control:
they dont use that on the road :exclamation: :exclamation: the truck they use is plain, no police marking, the whole idea behind the operation, other wise they may as well drive down the m/way with the blue and twos blasting out saying

“hey look at me truckers, best close that lap top and put that phone down as i’m a coming, bad boy, bad boys…” :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

That ones just for the Truckfest. bet they win. :laughing:

I see there are a lot of positive comments under pic number 1 !! (not).

nice to see the police force spending all our money pimping up a tractor unit for a truck fest, unless some saddo done it cos he always wanted to be a bobby, i bet it would look good on fire :stuck_out_tongue:

where can i get that picture? i work for the old bill and would not mind having that as a screen saver

jessicas dad:
oh for goodness sake it’s hardly in disguise is it.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Have you read the article that truck with the lights and police stickers was just for the photo shoot. the one that is gonna get used is gonna be an unmarked truck with no beacons. I didnt realise this until after i posted the topic and had the same opinion before

dustylfc:
nice to see the police force spending all our money pimping up a tractor unit for a truck fest, unless some saddo done it…

Yep, some saddo done it. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

The top-of-the-range vehicle was loaned by manufacturer Scania UK.

mickyblue:
where can i get that picture? i work for the old bill and would not mind having that as a screen saver

the only pics i could find are in those two links at the top.

If they kept the truck with the stickers on they’d get through a few tyres if they parked anywhere as they’d be a magnet to screwdrivers and any other sharp object :laughing:

During the crackdown, the first of its kind, police caught a man driving a 44-ton articulated lorry and sorting through CDs at the same time. He was charged with careless driving.

WOW!! that must have give them an ■■■■■■ :unamused:

mickyblue:

Here is one for an avatar

I can arrange for a bigger screen saver version :smiley:
PM sent

Sods law you know who’ll they catch, it will be your average joe taking a drink of juice or taking a bite of a sandwich, while joey foreigner watches eastenders on his laptop :unamused:

shame they have nothing better to do. like catch proper criminals :frowning:

merc0447:
Sods law you know who’ll they catch, it will be your average joe taking a drink of juice or taking a bite of a sandwich, while joey foreigner watches eastenders on his laptop :unamused:

hartley:
shame they have nothing better to do. like catch proper criminals :frowning:

So if the one in the top quote did what is suggested and at an innapropriate moment which caused the death or serious injury of another road user then that would not be criminal :exclamation: :question:

If you are driving sensibly. legally and in the case of LGV drivers, professionally, then what is the problem in the first place :question:

PC Angus Nairn said: “One police officer drives the truck while another sits in the passenger seat armed with a handheld video ­camera ready to film into the cab of a truck as we overtake.

So, is the truck limited at all?

Its the new shape Scania too.

brados:
So, is the truck limited at all?

Nope - be a bit daft if it was

There is a previous 4 page thread on this - Police use HGV to film drivers.