AW JENKINSON

i was thinking about a job at Jenkins, but i don’t have a pilots licence…i also wonder who is responsible for the checking of drivers cards there. supposedly the gent who was employed to do this work at the start of Jenkins, was a top notch man from Carlisle commissioners yrs ago now. now im a driver that lives and let live, BUT, when i see a Jenkins lorry hassling a freelander on the A6 on the way to Clifton doing 56 plus mph i think there’s sum thing wrong, SO back to my point about checking drivers cards, from the M6 motorway to Jenkins yard will be approx 8 miles, and in the case of that drivers card shud show 8 miles of 40 mph with a little bit of 30mph in shap village…NOT 56 MPH. WHO IS NOT DOING HIS JOB PROPERLY AT JENKINS THEN . dont just come out with the ■■■■■ , its up to the drivers, some body is gona get killed…

Won’t show that on a digi card.

Congratulations on your first post

happysack:
Congratulations on your first post

On a 2 year old topic… :smiley: .

Silver_Surfer:

Think speed traces are held on the actual tacho head for a few days before being overwritten? Coffee will know :laughing:

This guy obviously has a gripe most likely had a jenkinson motor up his arse.

merc0447:

Silver_Surfer:

Think speed traces are held on the actual tacho head for a few days before being overwritten? Coffee will know :laughing:

most off them i come across drive like madmen on a mission a75 is a magnet for them tbh

yes merc i have a gripe, dont know where you live, but i bet you would would like these ex farmers flying up and down your road . im rely not saying they are all the same but 90% of them are nutters… maybe vosa could help me and others in this area, and yes ive been dun for speeding twice , Sp50 in my works vehicle . it was just that i see red when i see a huge vehicle hassling a woman in a land-rover free-lander… who knows what else was in that womans car , babys ■■ i bet she was ■■■■■■■■ her self…( i cant wait to see the reaction of this comment) wat im saying is nobody at the head office gives a crap about wat there drivers do…VOSA…

What kind of car did you say. Just to get the facts straight…

Whilst it is obvious you have a gripe and I don’t doubt what you are saying, how do you expect 1 man in an office miles away to know about this. Even on the old style tacho discs, it would show a speed trace but trying to work out whereabouts the vehicle was at that particular moment in time, days after the event would be virtually impossible. Multiply this by the vast number of vehicles that Jenkinsons run and I am sure you can see the difficulties, rather than blaming the negligence of 1 man :smiley:

There are good and bad in every company and as for contacting Vosa…

i think chipper needs to get in touch wich reality the office dont check speed but they dont take kindly to drivers who may be abusing the company image if a member of the public phones and complains abt a particular truck you can bet the driver will recieve a call from his planner within the same 2 min time slot
jenkies is a good job, its hard going for 5 days but as soon as you hit 90 hrs your done as i said before i would go back at the drop of a hat but i dont think they are keen on taking on drivers who have aready been and left i phoned six months after i left and was told they had between 200and 300 app forms at clifton head office

I collect out of the Clifton depot quite a bit (for Stobarts), and the office staff are friendly, no probs with the forkies, and the Jenkies drivers always seem nice, never in a rush, won’t jump the queue or anything like that, no beeping if you do your paperwork on the weigh bridge etc…

wildfire:

Buycrider:

Wheel Nut:
Doesn’t Jenkinson own Stobart?)

No. Although Stobart do carry a lot of their product-( wood-chip and peat-)- and they do work in partnership over the purchase of Units etc. They have just put a joint order in for about 700 T/L Scanias. which must be a fair proportion of Sodertallje,s production for this year.

Regards wages, conditions etc. I live next door to a long time driver of theirs.He is based at their Clifton Depot. on the A6 south of Penrith.(It used to be where Curly Cargill was based, for those who know their old time fleets). He seems very happy with his job. I don,t ask about wages, but I know him well enough to know that if anything about the pay and conditions, was not “up to the mark”, he would have left them 10 years ago.

Read all about them at awjenkinson.co.uk They are big in their own right.

all the chipliners and walking floors that stobart have are run by jenkinson, their drivers talk to the jenkins office they never ring their own traffic office, or so i have been told by a jenkins driver, they have a depot down down this way just between swindon and malmesbury. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not ALL, but they certainly run some if not most of Stobarts chip liners and walking floors.

merc0447:

Silver_Surfer:

Nothing at all on the cards, may be possible to work it out by distance / time which is stored on the cards.

Unit stores 24hrs of speed trace, an actual 24hr period though, not 24hrs driving time, this is so it can be checked in the case of an accident, and this can be downloaded by the company, although I couldn’t find out how when I was d/loading our machines.

waynedl:
Not ALL, but they certainly run some if not most of Stobarts chip liners and walking floors.

chipliners based down at chelford are run by stobarts. the ones at lockerbie are (allegedly) on a full time lease to jenkinsons. all work we do is jenkinsons now, and we answer to a jenkinsons planner. wages come from stobarts!

chipper:
yes merc i have a gripe, dont know where you live, but i bet you would would like these ex farmers flying up and down your road . im rely not saying they are all the same but 90% of them are nutters… maybe vosa could help me and others in this area, and yes ive been dun for speeding twice , Sp50 in my works vehicle . it was just that i see red when i see a huge vehicle hassling a woman in a land-rover free-lander… who knows what else was in that womans car , babys ■■ i bet she was ■■■■■■■■ her self…( i cant wait to see the reaction of this comment) wat im saying is nobody at the head office gives a crap about wat there drivers do…VOSA…

So you have witnessed ONE incident and that tells you that 90% of the drivers are nutters? Reading between the lines of your posts your problem seems to be the AWJ vehicles using the A6? And you live beside it?
VOSA are not responsible for catching speeders the Police are, if you contact them with details of regular speeding they are duty bound to do something about it. You should maybe try being constructive about your problem with AWJ instead of ranting on a Lorry Drivers forum making allegations about 90% of the Companys drivers. Nice to see you were thinking of the children though!

marcus 22:
GOOD JOB AND PAY, MON TO FRI, GOOD MATE OF MINE WORKS FOR THEM,£38 to £40K YEARLY EARNINGS HE SAID.

Didn’t know they ran fuel tankers as well! :laughing:

Diff Lock:

chipper:

So you have witnessed ONE incident and that tells you that 90% of the drivers are nutters? Reading between the lines of your posts your problem seems to be the AWJ vehicles using the A6? And you live beside it?
VOSA are not responsible for catching speeders the Police are, if you contact them with details of regular speeding they are duty bound to do something about it. You should maybe try being constructive about your problem with AWJ instead of ranting on a Lorry Drivers forum making allegations about 90% of the Companys drivers. Nice to see you were thinking of the children though!

+1
Thinking of the … fair play. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

come on its silence then,

got to spell it out for happysack… FREELANDER ok

chipper:
got to spell it out for happysack… FREELANDER ok

Aye cheers got you loud and clear. Just wasn’t sure to begin with…

Smart kit and most of the drivers seem sound enough. However, I live on the A76 and they do/did have a couple of dangerous pricks on that run, haven’t seen them for a couple of months so hopefully they’ve been given their P45s.