Asda Skelmersdale

What is wrong at Asda chilled distribution center at Skelmersdale ■■
they seem to go through drivers like they have an endless supply or them.
they seem to have a real bad reputation which Asda dont seem to care about.
was thinking of giving them a try but i think i will givre them a miss & try Somerfield instead.

hi nomad

why dont you try matalan next door to asda. i worked there last year on agency.
and they where ok . even there own drivers helped you out . all said and done not a bad bunch. im doing other things now. and do the odd weekend on the agency. as you said the way they try and treat us professional people is a joke.
one of the reasons i got out the game

regards

ricky

Asda Skem I hear that drivers are taken on and after a few weeks they change the rota :smiling_imp: and again and again and drivers are getting fed up off this.
thats from a former driver who left my place and went to Asda Skem

taken from truck and driver this month

**wtd sparks 30%**drivers working for wincanton on the matalan contract have been awarded an inflation busting pay deal of more then 30%as part of a move towards preparing for the wtd.

the pay deal,5%now(backdated to april)then in excess of 26%works out at 31.25%ccording to gmb regional organiser eddie gaurde.

wincantons pay deal for matalans drivers follows a five hour demenstration by around 70 drivers at wincantons skelmersdale depot on may 10th.

so if i was you nomad i’d go for matalan,the above is only a extract from the peice int&d the full story is avalible on you newsagents shelf.

jon

All these pay rises of 25%, 20% are not what they seem spoke to a driver from Matlan at Knowsley depot 2 weeks ago and it’s not as good as what it reads.Just like the firm I work for 24% in the C/Motor but you ask any off the drivers in my firm and they will say more like 3% by the time they take other things off you! So it look like when the wtd comes in we will all be working for Asda BUT ON THE CHECKOUTS! . We are all PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS its about time we were payed PROFESSIONAL WAGES!!! :imp: :imp: :imp: