Tom tom navigator

ok what can this tom tom and a pda do for me

I use a medion pda with a navigator system of its own, had to go to Wembly area & having not been their in years put address into pda & the computers voice took me straight to the street i was after. i now would not be without on of these.

I have had a TomTom with PDA for a short while!

I would not go out without it! it is without doubt someting that every trucker should look at.
specialy if you tramp or go to places you have never been. it saves a huge amount of time and juce!

without doubt one of the best inventions for people of the road for a long long time!

if you can afford one get one!!

i have prymenav sat nav which works on both laptop and pda
thinking of selling my street atlass its that good :laughing: if you do nights out i would go for a laptop as it can do a lot more than a pda i looked at buying a pda before i bought this laptop but apart from satnav it didnt have much going for it
on my laptop i can watch tv/dvd,play games on it,keep all my digital pictures ,sat nav and have autoroute 2004 on it and go on the net if i want.
i paid £600 for mine over 9 months interest free.
i know they are bigger but sit on top of the engine a treat :wink:
jon

And how much are they

I paid £444 for mine all in but I did get a better PDA more memory and blue-tooth web & email.

I know that a friend got a full set up for less than £300. well worth it in my opinion.

Look on ebay, get a laptop for £200, buy the GPS and software for under a £100, whole lot can cost less then 400 with power cable etc and tv tuner.

Buy a PDA from Ebay approx £200

Sat Nav Reciever about £60 on Ebay

Built mine from there and it’s the Bees Knees, I spent 8 weeks on the UK Roads and never looked at a Map once :sunglasses:

Put both together and hey presto (after you’ve installed the software of course) :wink: :wink:

if i was going to buy a laptop davey what spec would i need ?
basically which laptop make spec etc etc etc■■? :wink:

Terry I sold my laptop! :open_mouth: :wink:

too much ■■■■■■■ on, a good PDA can do almost as much as a laptop it can now play flims :open_mouth: go on the internet, :open_mouth: down load emails, :open_mouth:
play speaking books, :open_mouth: and has a built in sat-nav. it can even change all the cannels on every TV in the world :open_mouth: :smiley: , you can have great fun with that at your mates! :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

And best of all it will fit in your top pocket! :smiley: :wink:

I’ve Just bought one off Ebay it should be here next week.
How do you guys keep it in the truck on a windscreen mount or another method??

:stuck_out_tongue:

I use a windscreen sucker! it was part of the package I bought!
I have only found the Scania’s are a bit far away for it but it worked fine!

Remember you must also get a dropper for it to work in your truck!
Maplins have a sale on droppers at the moment! maybe worth a look, or try their website! :wink:

for tomtom navigator visit www.totalpda.co.uk both are reputable suppliers and have plenty of knwledge about the product as these systems are there main business also have look at copiolt and destinator
i rule kane out because of the expense also have a look at the tomtom go which has just been brought out

if you want to add your own points of interest ie regular delivery points then tomtom is the one to go for if you really need cross border routing then either look at copilot or desinator also youll need to budget for a storage card to put the maps on so allow for this in your budget stay away from scandisk as they can have real problems then have fun

takin the techie head off now

johnboy how do you find the prymenav and how is the 3d veiw is it any good compared to tomtom or copilot and are yo running the lastest drivers for them

alix776:
johnboy how do you find the prymenav and how is the 3d veiw is it any good compared to tomtom or copilot and are yo running the lastest drivers for them

hi alix
i have never used tom tom, put a mate at work has both ,he says prymnav has more detail than tom tom. prefer to use normal view rather than 3d,i suppose i used to reading maps that way.
all the latest drivers are on the web site.it is only 2 months old anyway
i like the fact i can transfer it to a pda should i buy one in the future :laughing:
jon

thanks jon last time we tested it its the same as socket navigator just rebranded it didnt come out too well as the mapping we thought wasnt as good as the others

alix776:
thanks jon last time we tested it its the same as socket navigator just rebranded it didnt come out too well as the mapping we thought wasnt as good as the others

the mapping is navtech which is the same as autoroute
i have autoroute 2004 which uses the same navtech mapping
cant find any faults with it yet
i even has all the hotels abroad i will be staying in over the next year.
my mate took mine to compare with tom tom .i must get a copy of tom tom to compare off himi will try and download a page on here later tonight
give me an address you want to see on here it will give you some idea of the mapping standard
also autoroute 04 is a big improvement on 02 especially in europe
jon

jon the tomtotm uses teleatlas theres not much difference really

TC:
Terry I sold my laptop! :open_mouth: :wink:

too much ■■■■■■■ on, a good PDA can do almost as much as a laptop it can now play flims :open_mouth: go on the internet, :open_mouth: down load emails, :open_mouth:
play speaking books, :open_mouth: and has a built in sat-navD :wink:

can you run autoroute on a PDA :question:

what I’m looking for is a way of working out milages when I’m stood in a market with a customer asking “How much to take these cattle/sheep home”

i doubt it autoroute is 900mb, unless you can get a 1 gb card.
if you mainly run in the south west get some software that breaks england down into chunks .that way the mapping who fit on a 256mb card
try using sat nav software, that gives you milage from point to point.
prymnav breaks england down into chunks.
it cost about £80 on its own.unless you know some one with a copy :wink:
jon