DHL - what do I have to do to get them to understand?

03sprinter:
deliveries are attempted three times by DHL with a card left on each occasion before the items are placed in the “cage” for collection by recipient or return to sender.

if you wish your parcel to be delivered to a neighbour, left in the porch or round the back etc, then you must leave written authorisation signed by yourself that the driver can take with him in place of a POD.

every evening DHL send out consignments on a “sameday” vans for problem parcels where they have messed up and the customer demands delivery.

3 times eh :question: Funny that. Okay, first time they did attempt delivery and left a card. But when I went to their office to pick it up they said that thwe courier had it. So why wasn’t there a card waiting on my door-mat when I got home then ?

Not good enough.

As a sideline to the story, got home tonight to find a delivery card on the doormat from Reality. “Left at side of steps” it says and true to their word there’s a parcel sat there, soaked to a soggy mush of cardboard and no doubt with the contents completely ruined with the heavy rain we’ve had today. Hang on though, I haven’t ordered anything :confused: . A look at the label says “MRS M HOBSON, [same house number and road name but ROAD whereas I live in STREET and a totally different post code]”. I belled them up on the number provided on the card and told them about it. “Just leave it where it is, someone should be round to collect it in 14-28 days” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .