speed cams

I know Im probably wrong, but has anyone noticed speed cameras not pointing on the road. There the ones with a rectangle lense in the corner.

I must be wrong surely…

:confused: Your point being … :question:

something to do with the thousands purchasing & installing the cameras

Still don’t see what the connection is nor what the post is about :confused:

was it near a airport maybe its to catch speeding jumbo’s or the odd speeding owl’s

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

does there have to be a point rob? the guy has posted a topic to get .more views. simple as that…

Some of the locals round my way move the cameras so they don’t point at the road - hence don’t flash when you speed past em.

A bit naughty, but amusing none the less. :slight_smile:

Lostpup:
Some of the locals round my way move the cameras so they don’t point at the road - hence don’t flash when you speed past em.

A bit naughty, but amusing none the less. :slight_smile:

Tong Road in Leeds towards Armley suffered the same thing when they first installed them. One had been turned completely round so it pointed in the opposite direction :laughing: and another had been turned 90 degrees to point at a Pub :laughing:

by jove I think he’s got it :laughing: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Well first it was, “I think I’m wrong but… speed cams not pointing at the road… but I must be wrong surely…” then, “something to do with 1000’s installing and purchasing…”. It’s not exactly clear :laughing: :laughing: .

I like Galaxian’s post best :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the specs cameras on the new motorway info signs are not in use yet and they are turned around untill they are in use :unamused:
jon

jon boy 100:
the specs cameras on the new motorway info signs are not in use yet and they are turned around untill they are in use :unamused:
jon

Where’s this Jon :question:

all the new motorway matrix signs, on the top left(littered down the m1)have cameras on them.we received an email at work that these are specs cameras and will be in use soon.it is mainly aimed at car drivers
it seems that digital photography has its downsides too.
jon

jon boy 100:
all the new motorway matrix signs, on the top left(littered down the m1)have cameras on them.we received an email at work that these are specs cameras and will be in use soon.it is mainly aimed at car drivers
jon

Hmm, I will hold my hand up if I’m wrong but I think the email was wrong. The SPECS cameras have two pods either side of the main camera. One is infra-red so that it still works in the dark and the other one is number plate recognition. As far as I seen, the ones on the matrix signs (M1, M4 etc) are just normal traffic monitoring cams as they don’t have the pods on them. There is nothing listed on the up-to-date speed camera sites about them either which would be unusual.

Can never be too careful though :slight_smile:

Rob K:

jon boy 100:
jon

Hmm, I will hold my hand up if I’m wrong but I think the email was wrong. The SPECS cameras have two pods either side of the main camera. One is infra-red so that it still works in the dark and the other one is number plate recognition. As far as I seen, the ones on the matrix signs (M1, M4 etc) are just normal traffic monitoring cams as they don’t have the pods on them. There is nothing listed on the up-to-date speed camera sites about them either which would be unusual.

i agree with the points you mention
what i forgot to mention was the other parts are hidden in the matrix unit according to the e mail.
i have had a good look but could not see them
but like you say you can never tell what they will come up with next
jon

essexsafetycameras.co.uk/homeframe.html

this is the first i found. all counties seem to you where the next entrapment site is