seatbelts

don’t know how many of you out there wear them,whilst in your cab or your own car.i always wear mine no matter what i’m in.my wife has a friend who lives in wales and her young daughter was at her gran’s.as her gran was taking her home she was involved in a car accident.the young girl was hurt badly and has a 50-50 chance of survival.it was later found out that the girl was not wearing her seat belt and was thrown through the windscreen.my kids know the score if there with me in the car or truck the seatbelt is on.

i will let you’s know the outcome of this poor little girl. :cry:

i always wear them but i think its because i don’t fancy the fine for not wearing one.
if the choice was there i dont think i would wear one because they are restrictive (can’t reach the kettle whilst moving) :wink: and the fear of crashing into a ditch overturning and its full of water and cant get the thing off.

hope the little girl comes through alright :cry:

jon

Car = Yes
Truck = No

Allways!!!

better to be safe than sorry!

Mal:
Car = Yes
Truck = No

mal, can i ask y not in the truck? is there a reason?

Dont like em Jim, too uncomfortable.

Mal:
Car = Yes
Truck = No

Im with Mal on this one

Dunno why i dont wear it but i just dont

simon

The lorry drivers I see day in and day out wearing them I could count on one hand! Maybe i just look at the wrong motors! :laughing:

Mal:
Car = Yes
Truck = No

Me too.

Now watch the do-good brigade climb out of the woodwork Mal :unamused: .

Rob K:

Mal:
Car = Yes
Truck = No

Me too.

I know, I cant wait Rob, I got a belly full of this ■■■■■ on the PDA. :unamused: I shouldnt have answered really, but couldnt seem to resist it! :smiley:

Car = Always
Truck = Always

jonboy:
and the fear of crashing into a ditch overturning and its full of water and cant get the thing off.

I would say you stand more chance of remaining concious wearing a seat belt during overturning than being mixed up like a wheel barrow full of concrete along with the chance of being ejected from the cab only to sustain further injuries.

Mal:

Rob K:

Mal:
Car = Yes
Truck = No

Me too.

I know, I cant wait Rob, I got a belly full of this [zb] on the PDA. :unamused: I shouldnt have answered really, but couldnt seem to resist it! :smiley:

:open_mouth: :laughing: Be careful Mal, I can see that post being removed for Rules violations :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :unamused: :laughing:

I always wear them and don’t feel right somehow when not wearing the belt. The ones in the Volvo are comfortable as they are attached to the seat and you don’t even notice you have it on. Also if the worst should happen and an accident causes the air bag to go off I want to be sitting right in front off it and not flying around the cab or out of the window at that moment.

mal& rob, i only asked out of interest, i ain’t about to critise anyone for not wearing them.that is your own personnel choice,it’s you who pay the fine not me.i did not ask you personnely to answer.i was only trying to find out your thoughts on them.no need to take what everyone thinks to heart.its a personnel thing.and theres no need for you’s to attack everyone because they feel differently from yous.thats life ain’t it :wink:

i wear them all the time, however i do find them sometimes a bit restrictive and uncomfertable when driving or trying to lean forward to get a better view of the road… but

jonboy wrote:

i always wear them but i think its because i don’t fancy the fine for not wearing one.

but i also agree with jonboy on this too, there are times when your driving and you have just leaned forward to get a better view of the road when you are trying to turn out of a clogged up junction, the seat belt just locks and you can’t go any further forward and have to sit back to release it again. i just want to take it off and not bother putting it back on…but the fine for not puttin your seatbelt on could be a night down the pub :wink: …not worth losing a night down there now eh :wink: :laughing:

kitkat i hope the little girl makes a full recovery mate let us know how she goes :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
mal& rob, i only asked out of interest, i ain’t about to critise anyone for not wearing them.that is your own personnel choice,it’s you who pay the fine not me.i did not ask you personnely to answer.i was only trying to find out your thoughts on them.no need to take what everyone thinks to heart.its a personnel thing.and theres no need for you’s to attack everyone because they feel differently from yous.thats life ain’t it :wink:

Fair play to you Jim, I just got bad memories of a similar thread somewhere else, where the holier than thou [zb] was rife! :smiley:

Llittle one. L. :wink:

i think its up to the individual mal…i don’t think anyone can critisise someone for not wearing them. its an individual and personal choice on wether to wear them. people who dont wear them know what the risks are so its there choice mate :wink: :laughing:

margatemafia:
i think its up to the individual mal…i don’t think anyone can critisise someone for not wearing them. its an individual and personal choice on wether to wear them. people who dont wear them know what the risks are so its there choice mate :wink: :laughing:

I think exactly the same Margate, never would criticise them that do, or dont! I just wish a lot more would live and let live M8! :smiley:

I usually have it on when im on my way, on mway or watever, but when manouvering around yards etc then its off.

Car
Yes, it stops the light flashing.

Truck
No, it just doesnt feel right, its uncomfortable and sometimes you have to move around the cab to get a better view.

Motorbike
No, I rode a C1 once and it just doesnt feel normal