Seasonal harvest drivers in the USA take note!

:exclamation: As i was listening to the news while driving through New Hampshire today there was a piece about temporary seasonal workers from other countries who are granted short term work visas for this purpose.

It said that the INS were stopping such visas this year :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

All you guys who have made plans might want to check into this :confused:

Can’t be right Pat,
One of my mates flew out in Feb on a H2A visa and three more are flying out this Sat 10th April on the same temp harvest H2A visa?
If it comes about I’ll be sinking all my money in wheat futures because the price will rocket as there will be no drivers to harvest the vast thousands of acres of cereal crops in the N.American wheat belt as 80% of the truck/combine/tractor drivers are on temp harvest visa’s!!!
Bosslady Jan Altendorf from “Altendorf Harvesting and trucking inc” N.Dakota is coming to visit us here in N.Ireland this weekend so I’ll speak to her and see if she’s heard anything and report back.If its true her company (24 new combines and 100 trucks) will “go under” as 95% of her drivers are employed on H2A temp harvest visa’s during the summer harvest season.

This was only in the news recently. I supose it means they will just be more careful who they let in and any such ban would take a few weeks to come into effect :confused: