Getting back behind the wheel

Hi Guys!

Had my Class1 since 86 but haven’t driven artics for about 8 years or so…
I’m thinking about going back on the road and would appreciate any advice…
I want to do trunking or preferably Euro distance work. I’ve got absolutely no worries about driving etc, but am just a wee bit apprehensive about reversing.
When I get some work should I just bluff it until I get into the swing again & hope no one notices me taking half a dozen shots at backing up to doors etc or should I really do some re-training? (which I cant really afford!)
Also, agency or not?

Cheers!
TP :blush:

Might be an idea to go agency for a while to get back into the swing of things whilst keeping yer ears and eyes open for any opening, Tom

hi tom, listen mate your a class one driver and i bet you as soon as you get back behind the wheel and do your first reversing job then it will all come flooding back.and it will feel that you have never left.just go for it mate and its good to see you back,its where you belong and thats why your back. you can never keep a good driver away for long. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Tom, and Welcome to TruckNet,

Take a look at this, it may help.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2865

I personally would contact a local haulier, explain the situation, and spend a couple of days out with one of their drivers. Once back in the seat, it will all come back to you a bit smartish, plus you have the back-up of someone to take over if need be.

Good Luck

Kate

Thanks for the advice guys!
Kate that link was very helpful…cheers!

Regards
TP :wink: