Renault Magnum Owners club

dave:
drove a very early one and hated it, they cab suspension made it feel like driving a block of flats in a hurricane. and the dash looked as if it came straight out of a renault 5.
but the cab is massive, :sunglasses: good for tramping in.

Agree completely. This echoes my thoughts when they were launched in the UK a couple of them were brought down to the third way truck stop in avonmouth (is that still going BTW? Been a while. ) and drivers could take one out for a quick chug around.

Only other memory of a magnum is Jeremy Clarkson sticking a magnums gear lever up his arse during that top gear feature on lorrying.

They don’t make TV moments like that anymore. Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing though…

The reports from a couple of the drivers that drive the early versions where I used to work .
The combination of sprung cab and air seat made a few sea sick .
One guy broke his arm falling out of the cab when half asleep getting out for a pee at night.
Toll booths were a pain because of the height of the seating position , even when on the correct driving side .
Windscreens were difficult to locate and very very expensive .
They all loved the space and being able to walk about on a flat floor and the headroom .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

N2N Transport:
Too Fat :wink:

have a look at the renault link M8, they have raised the cab height giving 2metres which allows for a hell of alot more storage. Also both bunks now sprung mattrice. Seats have also changed to accomodate the more portly of us (the side supports are a little tight on the current model for some :slight_smile: )

What a bueaty, even the Scanny die hards have to admit it!! :smiley: :wink:

■■■■ fine steed.Exudes capability.

manalishi:

N2N Transport:

have a look at the renault link M8, they have raised the cab height giving 2metres which allows for a hell of alot more storage. Also both bunks now sprung mattrice. Seats have also changed to accomodate the more portly of us (the side supports are a little tight on the current model for some :slight_smile: )

Capability to fall apart! Like a lot of French things, they’re great to look at but that’s as far as it goes.

Chereau trailers excepted, what a fantastic bit of kit.

Drempels:

Especially when you consider that a Salvo lock will not work on a Chereau trailer! :wink:

the maoster:

Drempels:

Especially when you consider that a Salvo lock will not work on a Chereau trailer! :wink:

What’s one of them?

Drempels:
What’s one of them?

Pah! You’ve been spoiled my friend, you obviously have a decent job that doesn’t involve your vehicle being immobilised, keys removed and then you interned into a holding cell whilst the goods that THEY requested are delivered! :wink:

the maoster:

Drempels:
What’s one of them?

Pah! You’ve been spoiled my friend, you obviously have a decent job that doesn’t involve your vehicle being immobilised, keys removed and then you interned into a holding cell whilst the goods that THEY requested are delivered! :wink:

Lucky me! :smiley:

Drempels:

manalishi:

N2N Transport:

Capability to fall apart! Like a lot of French things, they’re great to look at but that’s as far as it goes.

Aye maybe somethin in that but I enjoyed 2 years in one late 90s hauling fridges across Euroland,brilliant on the Alps and pyrenees I found.A bit basic maybe,but very intuitive with heaps of grunt.Love em.

Was around and about Cambridge yesterday. Between The Cambridge services and Catthorpe i passed at least 10 Magnums, Whilst in the truck parking at the services there were 3 across me (registered to Poland, Hungary and Holland), one next to me (Also registered to Holland) and another 2 arrived whilst i was there.

I’ve not seen many of these before and then all of a sudden…loads.

Does any one on here drive one? What are they like? Do they feel like they are going to fall over with the what looks like the cab swaying above the chassis?

cheers

I’ve driven them in the past and they are very good loadsa room lots of storage. Ideal for tramping around Europe, but not as good as the old MAN 500 Roadhaus!!!

drove a very early one and hated it, they cab suspension made it feel like driving a block of flats in a hurricane. and the dash looked as if it came straight out of a renault 5.
but the cab is massive, :sunglasses: good for tramping in.

I agree that they do seem to be coming more popular, have to say though that the new ones look a bit better than the old, especially the special edition V8 they do.

But the interior…I just don’t get! put some effort into it Renault and it would be a perfect interior…almost.

Alex

mate of mine here in melbourne works for mack trucks (they do the magnum as well) delivering and picking up units for a dealer and he says the amount of them with smashed mirrors from the cab rocking is shocking

thats down to bad driving then beatton, i’ve had a few and i’ve never lost a mirror off one
they dont rock any more than any other cab

I think MACK have stopped producing their variant now, replaced it with a Premium bolted onto a 6x4 MACK chassis I think, called the “Quantum” or something along those lines.

EDIT - found a picture:
Actually don’t look that bad:

Alex

Can i have the bar off the front for my premium.
Breedy

never driven one but i sat in a 1995 M reg model last week…granted they have loads of space ect but dont think i could live with that dash in that model :open_mouth: looked like it came out of 1980’s renault fuego or something…

Swear by them myself, would need no second invitation and the modern interiors are vastly different.

I drive one :slight_smile: 07 plate 500 is mine, I think its fantastic myself and I really dont notice any cab roll at all, it’s quite amazing actually. :open_mouth:

It pulls like a train and is so comfortable, I really can’t fault it apart from the digi tacho :smiling_imp: :unamused:

See you on the hills :smiling_imp: :slight_smile: :wink: