Is it just me?

:smiley: I don’t know if it’s just me (being a new class 1 driver) but there seems to be a growing trend, with car drivers, cutting me up.
I have been undertaken (especially on slip roads), cut up, overtaken in stupid places etc. etc.
I leave a gap, a car pulls in and brakes, down the box I go & try to build my speed up again.
Is there some ploy to make artic drivers lifes a nightmare?
Is it me being paranoid?
Put me out of misery… :imp:

I dont think you are being paranoid Cornish Trucker, Everyone is out to get you, The trouble with most car drivers and some lorry drivers is that they havent a clue as to the weights or space needed to manoevre a truck safely. No one ever taught them to use a motorway.

I just drive with a bit more care because you have to anticipate idiots. Everyone can make a mistake but the way some cars take your braking space or cut in makes you wonder if they have had enough of life,

If you obey the 2 second rule you would have to set off three days earlier to get to your destination.

Take your time, dont get angry, just let them get on with it! of course if it is dangerous driving take the number and report them.

When I ride my motor bike I treat everyone as though they are blind, some are!

cornish trucker:
:smiley: I don’t know if it’s just me (being a new class 1 driver) but there seems to be a growing trend, with car drivers, cutting me up.
I have been undertaken (especially on slip roads), cut up, overtaken in stupid places etc. etc.
I leave a gap, a car pulls in and brakes, down the box I go & try to build my speed up again.
Is it me being paranoid?

Welcome to the wonderful world of truck driving just relax and get used to it :open_mouth:

Its been the same since I started as far as I remember CT. But, I do think that now its worse simply because there are more of us packed onto the roads at any given time. Also, I get very ■■■■■■ off with truck drivers tailgating me, and cutting across when they overtake, to my mind theyre even worse than the car driving variety, theyre sposed to know better. Whats the bleedin rush!

Mal.

you wanna try the wacky races, leaving straraer dock afta ferry has docked… that a75 is hilarious at times… talk about taking your life in your hands…hehehehehe…zbn mental

Havent you experienced the driver who realised they have nearly missed the exit they want yet and swoop across 3 lanes on the motorway just missing your bumper to get to the exit in time?.

Or the sphincter who comes down the slip road and expects to get to the “fast” lane as soon as he gets on the motorway?.

What about the one who drives behind you when you are reversing :angry: ? no not yet?.

The one who comes up on the left when you have swung out to go left?, you know that little tiny gap you need :angry: , yeh that one.

Then of course the one who overtakes you and sits in front of you doing 3 mph more than you but hes still happy `cos hes in front of you :angry: .

Then theres the ■■■■■■■ who hasnt got any fingers and cant reach his indicators on the roundabouts.

And as for Stranraer whenever i`ve been there i have a break as soon as i get off the ferry and let my gaelic cousins get in front of me i,m not too keen on another arctic overtaking me on a blind corner.

Is it any wonder there are more and more people like myself who just dont want to drive trucks for a living?, Welcome to the life of a trucker Cornish it very rarely gets better but it WILL get a hell of a lot worse :smiley: !!.

Good Luck

/
/

hmm that all sounds familar :laughing: :laughing: :wink:
chris

Cornish… being a relatively new to the game myself, i’ve noticed the prats that you get the roads… and to think that once upon a time, we too have done those stupid things they have done and will continue to do at some point in our lifes. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Makes yer think… anitcipation of other ■■■■■ on the road is a must to be a successful driver… smiles.

I think i must have a sixth sense for these prats cause i seem to know when someone’s gunna cut in and cause me to slow down like say on a steep hill with a full load, and you know your gunna struggle to get the ■■■■■ up in the first place without mr car driver cuttin in. arh the joys…

I still love it though…

■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

Ohh Yes!

Seems that it isn’t just me…

Had an interesting one a few days ago, involving the Police.

Running a flat bed, with bailed cars on, up to Avonmouth, all strapped down and covered with a full net. Traffic car came up behind me on the M5, sat there for a few minutes, slowly drove up my offside, cut in front, straight onto hard shoulder and the down my nearside, before again sitting behind me for a few more miles. And they are trained drivers? :smiley:

If he wanted to check my load, I would not have objected, but pull me in properly!

cornish trucker:
Is it me being paranoid?

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Nope. Sorry.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY HERE.

Only thing I’ll add is that being cut up by your FELLOW TRUCKERS is now a more regular occurence than the skate-boarders.

AND THAT [ZB] ME OFF.

[MARK & LARD : “NO NEEEEEEEEEEED”]

:sunglasses:

Yes. :unamused:

Is it me being paranoid?

No. :wink:

Yes, CT welcome to the wonderful—? world of truck driving . What better way of observing lesser forms of life in their natural habitat , the bumper hugger,the lane hopper all taught to drive by that well known school SEAGAP AND PHILLIT.! Then there’s the chap who’s got one hand on the wheel his mobile between head and shoulder and the other hand gesticulating like he’s conducting an orchestra!! Indicators are there only for the purposes of passing the driving test after that they can be ignored because other drivers are psychic.
What drives me potty though is lack of courtesy and consideration, lack of observation and anticipation. i could go on for ever but you’ll soon find out for yourself.
happy trucking,
roy…

dont forget the fully paid up member of the MLOC the middle lane owners club!! :unamused:
just gotta love those guys :angry:
chris

cornish trucker:
Is it me being paranoid?

I think it’s down to media training, I posted about this on an earlier forum,
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ght=#14141

jammymutt:
What about the one who drives behind you when you are reversing :angry: ? no not yet?.
Is it any wonder there are more and more people like myself who just dont want to drive trucks for a living?, Welcome to the life of a trucker Cornish it very rarely gets better but it WILL get a hell of a lot worse :smiley: !!.

Good Luck

/
/

So what about the one who when your reversing to turn round in side road gets all impatient and decides to go up the grass and doesn’t realise their’s a lampost their. Gets most shirty and starts blowing his horn :unamused: . I have to say they wern’t a patch on my air horns :wink: :open_mouth: .

What about the security guard who tries to send an artic down to the car park to unload then sends a 7.5tonner with an identical pallet down to the unloading bay in the big old yard :unamused: . Good job I went for a look on foot wasn’t it. He didn’t half get short shrift when I got back to the gatehouse - his excuse, oh you’ve got a tailift. My reply “well so’s he. Either your just trying to wind me up in which case you’ve suceeded or your incompetant.” Wasn’t enough room to swing your favourite moggy down their - how am I expected to get a tri - axle down to it then :unamused:.

As for the idiots that try to cut you up, you get used to them (mostly) and spot them early. I tend to leave a bit more stopping distance now. That helps.