Golden West

I have just been offered a job with golden west, delivering to mcdonalds restaurants.I passed 6 months ago and have been working on and off mainly at weekends doing supermarket deliveries. I am a bit concerned about how tight some of these restaurants maybe to deliver to.
Can anyone offer any advice or has anyone worked for them before
Cheers
Nig

Yes there will be some bar stewards to get in, but if you have been on supermarket work you should be used to it a bit by now?
Ive only been driving class 1 since august and work for wincanton on the woolworths contract, and some of those stores are only ment for horse and cart deliveries :open_mouth:
What i normally do when if i get a store i havent done, is first of all, ask other drivers if they have done it and whats it like, and second, when i get there, park up, get out and go and have a look.

golden west seem to have a all daf fleet.canteen’s free so you never need by a meal again :smiley: .

they have been doing this for donkeys so all maccy’ds will have been checked for access and such like they have a fleet of rigids small and long artics.if you’ve done supermarket work you should find it a doodle.

just a case of take your time really

which one is it heywood or hemel?

jon

I use to run in & out of golden west with rental trailers, nice lot but rather dim. You could phone & check as often as you liked to confim the trailer needing an MOT the following morning would be in, arrive 4 hours after its due in time & they would have lost it. Can get down here for the morning if you like :unamused: :unamused: .
The times I have run in & out of golden west in a solo tractor unit when going to collect a traler is a perfect, every time.
As I said nice lot but thick.

If you are stuck, or unsure, ask the manager how the drivers usually get in. Hopefully they will be able to give you pointers as to how the other lads do it so you don’t end up with a nasty blind-side reverse between 2 customers cars. Also if you need cars shifted - get the manager to give the punters a shout. If not smear the cars with Big Mac Special Sauce and gherkins :smiling_imp: :astonished: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Some supermarkets are probably ten times worse, remember most MacDs are new-builds and the back door will hopefully be easy to get to. Compared to a lot of city-centre supermarkets which are years old with tight back doors!! (oo-er missus!! ) :open_mouth: :astonished: :blush: :laughing:

Good luck with the new job.

Many thanks
I will be working out of hemel, and hope that will lead to a permanent job if
all pans out. I have only driven volvo units so far with 8 gears using a splitter.
Does anyone know what the gears are normally like on a Daf and is there any advice
Cheers
Nig

Nigel

Did you take the Golden west job and are you still driving for them? I am a newbie who works in McDonalds. I was going to apply to Golden West in Hemel once I have my licence. They have expressed interest as I work for their customer. Any feedback on them, good or bad as I think this would be a good place to start my driving career as they have told me they take on inexperienced class 1.
What rate do they pay? I have all their benefit info just no pay rates

lomaxter:
Nigel

Did you take the Golden west job and are you still driving for them? I am a newbie who works in McDonalds. I was going to apply to Golden West in Hemel once I have my licence. They have expressed interest as I work for their customer. Any feedback on them, good or bad as I think this would be a good place to start my driving career as they have told me they take on inexperienced class 1.
What rate do they pay? I have all their benefit info just no pay rates

Why would anyone want to leave a good job with a secure future at Macdonalds to go driving a truck? Some people are never satisfied :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope Golden West treat their own drivers better than outside hauliers! It was known as Golden Wait when I used to deliver oil to them. The security were 2nd class retards who failed the macdonalds entrance exam. I hope things have improved for you

Well most of their drivers i have spoke to seem happy enough. I am not sure if your first comment is sarcasm!!! I have had enough of customers, my boss doing everyone elses job for them etc etc etc. Just thought GW would be a good start to get some experience, then hopefully get ADR qualified and go on to tankers :stuck_out_tongue:

Are the wages and wage slips put in crisp packets?..is everyone called Spud…
is it taters up there…are drivers thick skinned…can you see eye to eye
do they bring you to the boil…oh i better stop…
have a nice day

i’ll help you for a big mac and fries with an orange drink :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: