Rumours abound in felixstowe

I’ve spoke to a few people in felixstowe this week (mainly in the tha) and the “current” rumour circulating is that d.h.l wants rid of it’s container business and hanbury davies has put a bid in.

Very ironic if true and he suceeds if you know the history!

anybody able to enlighten us further?
:question:

Sounds a bit like what goes around comes around

D H L

Davies Hanbury Logistics

Thatd be a turn up for the books! Well, it’ll be interesting to see if theres any truth in it!

Mal.

if it’s true (and I mean if) I reckon that would make him the biggest container firm in the u.k!

Might surprise you to know, or not!!!, that as a Hanbury driver, I haven’t heard a thing. But, that doesnt meant anything as we are the preferberal mushrooms!!! :unamused:

haven’t heard anything but will make some enquires at our depot, they might know something. if i find out will post here :wink:

when i subbed to socl in southampton in 2001 there were rumours that THEY wanted to get out of container hauling THEN, so who knows!!!

regards
paul

There were rumours of this going round Thamesport a few weeks back and a couple of us asked a SOCL driver about them. He told us that DHL did want rid of the container side but there was an agreement at the time of the take-over, that the Logistic and container sides of the company would not be sold off seperately.

Also, if it’s true, DHL didn’t have any luck in their recruiting campaign, so they are now advertising in Eastern Germany to get drivers to work in UK.

How true either of these snippets are, I dont know.