Rownham services

Due to the way that our job has changed, the drivers at our place now overnight on a regular basis at rownham services (m27) I didn’t like stopping there in particular( no burger king!) until last tuesday when I stayed there with another one of our drivers. He was wanting something dry and crusty from underneath the heat lamp whilst I was going to get a chickenburger meal from the wimpy (at least its cooked fresh) After much disscusion I reluctently went for a look at what was on offer just to shut him up at least. To my pleasant surprise there is a small section doing chinese and a member of staff there was cooking it fresh. He was cooking a chicken curry for some other driver and it smelled delicious to say the least. We both ordered our meals, 1xchicken curry and 1xchicken stir fry and then seated ourselves for the wait. The food was excellant, with good proper pieces of chicken breast and cost £6.99 each. I substituted the mushrooms for another vegetable( chefs idea) and was that impressed that I told all the other drivers back at work. They too are now having a chinese everytime they park up and I am off down there tomorrow, cant wait. It seems to be popular with the other drivers and its nice to be able to come on here and post something goog about an msa. Well done roadchef, keep it up. its £10.00 to park with a £6.00 meal voucher :smiley:

…But no showers??

Chinese is good :smiley: and you only need to wash if your mucky :blush: . Seriously though, it would be a little better if there were showers.

steveo999:
…But no showers??

Still better than parking on Southampton Dock at £10 with no meal voucher,and no showers.