Stickers on the front and back of trucks

I see a lot of trucks these days with differant stickers on the front ot the for instance a white “L” in a green disc. or sometimes a “G” on a green disc.

some have a black “H” on a yellow disc.

Or a “d” on on a green rectatangle normally o the rear doors of a trailer.

And what did the “SUPER” sign mean on the front of a Scania ( i have one only cos i think it looks cool) sad i know…

the green circle with an L is to show the truck has an austrian ‘hush’ kit for noise levels, im not sure what any of the others stand for, i think they are for regs to their home country

someone else is bound to know what the others are.

:slight_smile:
Here’s a thread we prepared earlier…

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10774

The SUPER 110 and SUPER 80 on the Scania front grilles were just the names of the models at the time, I think.
In the nineteen seventies ‘super’ was a much used word, meaning ‘above average’ or ‘better than the rest’, for example.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Italian

d on a green background = ‘domenica’ - vehicle exempt from Sunday driving ban.

a on a green background = ‘alimentari’, vehicle carrying foodstuffs.

Austrian

Black E on yellow = the vehicles have been certified to carry a lower gross weight and are only allowed to carry this lower weight.

Black H on yellow = the vehicles have been certified to carry a lower gross weight but can also carry the weight they were originally certified for.

White S on green = low emission vehicle.

As euromat said the white L on green is for low noise and means the vehicle is exempt from the Austrian night driving ban.

White U on green = low noise and low emission vehicle.

Germany

Black A on white = waste transport.

Black K on white = ‘Kombi-Verkehr’ (Combined transport). Trucks with this sign are exempt from the German Sunday and holiday driving bans, limited to 150 kilometre travelling distance.

That’s all the ones I can think of at the moment.

I have a white L on a green circle on my truck. It means Larmshutz, literally (Noise Protection)

However after an altercation with a BMW driver in Birmingham. I listened to his rants about me being a learner driver and waited for the police to come to the incident.

The police let me go on my way, as he was explaining why he didnt have road tax and insurance :stuck_out_tongue:

We have the d on the green rectangle on the tankers and it is on fridges too. I was told by our office that it means Dimanche. (Sunday) Im not convinced

Wheel Nut:
I was told by our office that it means Dimanche. (Sunday)

Close enough, after all the French don’t recognise any language but their own. :wink: :smiley:

A red D on a white square in Wales means Dai learning to drive :laughing: :lol

gardun:
A red D on a white square in Wales means Dai learning to drive :laughing: :lol

Or “Dysgwyr” for those that know the lingo (Learner in welsh) :wink:

Coffeeholic:
Italian

d on a green background = ‘domenica’ - vehicle exempt from Sunday driving ban.

a on a green background = ‘alimentari’, vehicle carrying foodstuffs.

Austrian

Black E on yellow = the vehicles have been certified to carry a lower gross weight and are only allowed to carry this lower weight.

Black H on yellow = the vehicles have been certified to carry a lower gross weight but can also carry the weight they were originally certified for.

White S on green = low emission vehicle.

As euromat said the white L on green is for low noise and means the vehicle is exempt from the Austrian night driving ban.

White U on green = low noise and low emission vehicle.

Germany

Black A on white = waste transport.

Black K on white = ‘Kombi-Verkehr’ (Combined transport). Trucks with this sign are exempt from the German Sunday and holiday driving bans, limited to 150 kilometre travelling distance.

That’s all the ones I can think of at the moment.

you didnt disappoint. i was scrolling down thinking ‘Neil will know’ and there you are :laughing:

scanny77:
you didnt disappoint. i was scrolling down thinking ‘Neil will know’ and there you are :laughing:

You are in an exclusive club then scanny, one of the very few people I don’t disappoint. :wink: :smiley: