Round Green L Plates

I keep seeing trucks with round green plates with a white border and a white L on them, sometimes a G.

Always seem to be European, although I saw a Brit one the other day.

Could someone tell me what these mean, I have a strange but curious mind and things like this bug me.

L = Larm Schutz = Noise Protection or Silenced, normally used in Austria or Switzerland to allow transit during nightime truck bans.

Not sure what the G means though

You from Essex ■■ You serious…■■ You read nothin`… :sunglasses:

Wheel Nut:
Not sure what the G means though

Isn’t the “G” something to do with emissions etc. ie being a “Green” environmentally friendly truck :question: :confused:

Could be wrong tho …

I’d wondered what these things meant but never felt motivated to ask - must be getting jaded.
Thank you, now I know.

fox

What about the S that I saw today?

Quoting from trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10774 :

gbtransp:
ok
here are all the “Green Stickers”

“L” = Lärmarm (noise reduced) without this you are not allowed to drive in Austria between 10pm and 5am

“G” = Gerauscharm (low noise) for vehs up to 80db not reconised in Austria, forbidden to drive in Austria between 10pm and 5am

“S” = Schadstoffarm (low emission) only for Austrian platted trucks

“U” = underpants :smiley: Only for Austria ,combination of “L”+“S” better known as “green lorries”

Geoff

I think we can put this one to bed now, thanks for the info. Maybe one day it’ll surface, although I probably wont remember which is which, just its about noise and emissions and stuff.

8wheels:
I think we can put this one to bed now, thanks for the info. Maybe one day it’ll surface.

Oh you can be sure it will. :smiley: This is probably the 20th or so time the question has been asked on these forums. :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

Saw one with a 3 on it today…

We gonna have to fit you up with a pair of blinkers… :laughing:

8wheels:
Saw one with a 3 on it today…

Euro III engine.

L=Leise (Silent)

We gonna have to fit you up with a pair of blinkers…

Sorry I can’t help it, I am always looking at stuff thinking what is that, or wonder how that works. Then I end up looking for the answers on the web.

Maybe I should get out more, but then I’d just see more stuff :laughing:

If you see one with a green sticker in the screen with 2-3 on it, it is normally cos they have been through Mont Blanc tunnel. Every truck has to have one. When you pull up at the booth, if you don’t have one in the screen, he will ask you and then put your reg on the back and it must go in your screen.

If you see…

NO NO NO stop it, you are encouraging me now.