Best companies to work for?

What are the best companies to work for?
I think tesco an safeway are really good do you?

No

can’t agree with you there pete :open_mouth:

i thought tesco paid really well? my mate works 4 them he said they get 1850 a month after tax 4 norm week!

yes, i have heard they pay well. i have a cousin who pull’s for them but he says that he is never at home due to them. its alright having the good wages but you have to have time to yourself to enjoy that wage.

just because a job pays well does not mean its a good job. i worked for a supermarket chain for five years and the money was great but after five years i had had enough and moved on to an even better paid job, as it turned out the job is great and i cant for the life of me see me moving anywhere else.
that said i do know people who work for a lot less for long hours and they love there jobs.
1 guy i know lives a 2 minute walk away from his yard and he would not swap for a job that paid a lot more. he never uses his car for work,never has to pay petrol money etc out of his own pocket for commuting.
i commute 14 mile each way to work which is not a lot, but i also know people who commute 80 mile a day just because they like there jobs.
as mentioned before there have been lots of threads on money but at the end of the day it does not buy much. if you love your job then the money dont seem to matter.

Dave wrote
as mentioned before there have been lots of threads on money but at the end of the day it does not buy much. if you love your job then the money dont seem to matter.

please do not allow thsi to turn into one of them im sorry if this offends anyone but it think there are too many of those topics on here already as you say Dave when you find that job that feels right then you know it is the best job so basically the answer who is the the best to work for it depends on what you want out of that job and what you can give to that job

Safeway pay £6.25 per hour through agencies here in Teesside! :open_mouth: :angry:

So no Safeways isnt one of the best in fact here its one of the worst!

the cost of advertising…the cost of new drivers every day… make you think!!!

Hmmmm. now let me think, lots of threads saying rubbish money I would not work for & now… Good money but companys I would not like to work for.
The best job in the world for one person is hell on earth for the next.

the best company to work for is the one you are happy in wether it pays good or not or the truck is top of the range or an old donkey.

AS LONG AS YOUR HAPPY

Best company…? ERM` NONE,!!! Most flog u and pay CLEANING money :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

When I worked for TESCO we were on annual hours, I never worked more than 9 hrs a day, some weeks I got 2 days some I got 6 days for the set wage, if I worked an unscheduled day I was on trebble time, if I worked a bank hol which was unscheduled i got quadruple time, I had every seventh week off completely.

I think some of you are refering to contractors who run in tesco colours such as Middleton, Sidcup and the Scotish depot.

I know guys there who have earned 60 grand for five shifts in the past.

hey lads look we are all cleaners now :laughing: :laughing:

How else would you describe £5,6,7 quid an hour then■■?

CLEANING MONEY, Well in every jobs paper I look in anyway… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

KITKAT I am merly making a point about the p/poor pay in the Industry NOT having a go at the “lads” as you put it :question:

I am a class 1 driver myself with the same skill to offer as everyone else, just cant quite get my head round the dire pay in this industry, SIMPLE AS THAT MATE… :wink:

Tony but maybe there are bad jobs an good ones! ok most lgv jobs dont pay good money but some do! eg; Tesco do an some other supermarkets do too, dont matter what some people say on this site about them companies, I know for a fact that they are one of the best companies to work for! you get the money an you get a life 2!

Sings …Money money money ( abba)
or shall we go for :

( artistic licence required)
Here we go again (whitesnake’s here i go again )

pete1976:
Tony but maybe there are bad jobs an good ones! ok most lgv jobs dont pay good money but some do! eg; Tesco do an some other supermarkets do too, dont matter what some people say on this site about them companies, I know for a fact that they are one of the best companies to work for! you get the money an you get a life 2!

:open_mouth: I did a few weeks with them driving those Poxy er I mean P-day cab 310’s, and I can tell you that I could not move afterwards, had aches and pains everywhere. Not only that, why do they use those stupid cages with only two sides? they are rubbish everything falls out, all over the floor.
Never again! :angry: :angry: :angry:

TONY:
How else would you describe £5,6,7 quid an hour then■■?

CLEANING MONEY, Well in every jobs paper I look in anyway… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

KITKAT I am merly making a point about the p/poor pay in the Industry NOT having a go at the “lads” as you put it :question:

I am a class 1 driver myself with the same skill to offer as everyone else, just cant quite get my head round the dire pay in this industry, SIMPLE AS THAT MATE… :wink:

tony, you are entitled to your own opinion i respect that. but why do you do the job :question: if you are your own boss then have you never undercut another subbie to get the work :question: we all know that this industry pays rubbish money there ain’t alot that we can do about it other than go else where for a different job. i enjoy my job and i don’t need to travel far 1.5miles each way so it don’t cost me alot on fuel.so i don’t want to move and it ends up costing me to do a job for some nomark boss who pays rubbish wages.i agree with you in what you have said about 5,6,7 pounds an hour jobs but i don’t like putting young drivers off this industry,our bosses will do that when they tell them the pay that they will get for doing the job.we need the young ones to come through as guys like you and i won’t be here for ever, the more you go on about the wages then the more people you are putting off, let them make their own minds up.please

This is what I stopped driving artics for, see what you think…

28000/year basic. (29000 in April) + London weighting as appropriate
Annualised hours 1645/yr(36/week) reducing to 1600 in April (35/week)
Every 4th or 5th week off (7days free from work)

30days annual leave.

Final salary pension.

In your own bed every night.

Option to continue working after annualised hours complete at £17/hr (£18.12 in April) Same option applies to working rest weeks, same hourly rate.

No enforced overtime, but its there if you want it.

Working more than 12hrs is forbidden. Less than 12hrs between shifts is also forbidden (and NEVER broken)

No snotty TM’s, no stroppy booking in clerks, no snotty Security guards. They always deal with you when you get there and there’s absolutely no handballing or any other form of manual labouring involved.

The firm loves ex truck drivers because they have the “lets figure out how to get the job done” mentality.

Nationwide company, yes.
Vacancies, yes. (Why you may ask. Well its because people just never think of doing the job but let me tell you its the best move I ever made and I aint going back)

PM me and I will send you a website address. The website doesn’t show the vacany concerned simply because they want people who can take the initiative and write to them.

pete1976:
What are the best companies to work for?
I think tesco an safeway are really good do you?

My honest opinion is: the one that suits you best, simple, thats about it, all the wages or packages, top motors ect in the world cannot make a person happy in the long term if it really dont suit, pegs and holes as the saying goes, its an individual thing.

Mal.