Fuel saving

My firm sent me and a other driver on this course today and to be truthful we did have a grumble first, but by the end off the day it was enjoyable.
The instructer let us do our own thing from Lincoln up to Kirton Lindsey and back [fully loaded],back in the class i was told i changed gears to much and used the throttle to much and i should let the lorry momentum take over more and ease off a bit.
On my 2nd run i was very surprised, i did listen to him and i know it does’t sound much i used a litre less, also the test paper i got all 20? right, so what is the chance the bosses will reward us all if we cut the fuel costs. :wink:

Sorry if i bored you with this post, ive been sent in here as the missus has a bodyshop party in the main room, back to normal 2morrow Immingham to Manchester.

Missus is having a bodyshop party ■■? :open_mouth: Surely that means other females will be round joining in this party, so I would be making excuses left, right & centre to find a reason for being in the room not be “sent off” to rattle on t’interweb.

:laughing:

Rob K:
Missus is having a bodyshop party ■■? :open_mouth: Surely that means other females will be round joining in this party, so I would be making excuses left, right & centre to find a reason for being in the room not be “sent off” to rattle on t’interweb.

:laughing:

Hehe! was just thinking along similar lines there Rob, more so if it was an Ann Summers party! :open_mouth: :laughing:

It sounds like the same course I’ve had to do, the gov’t run SAFED course, again through the company I work for.

As Shane say’s we all sit there taking note on how the gov’t want us to save fuel, but what do we get out of it, I know that the bosses will not be happy to give away there newly increased bonus.

I only saved half a litre of juice, on a short run, but if all the trucks are saving, just think how much fuel a company will save in total, the other bad side being that old ‘two jags’ will have to up the cost of diesel, as the hauliers will be paying less in to his pension pot.

Had some info on pay and condition from Hanbury Davies, they reckon to split fuel saving 50/50 with the driver, as I didn’t take the job I don’t know how well it works, but you could suggest it to your boss as it give you the incentive to put your training into practice.

muckles

I saw that in commercial motor last year when they profiled Hanbury Davies - might be worth getting hold of the article just to point innocently to when suggesting it to the boss :laughing: :laughing:

Jules