Junction 1 M18 Truckstop

Might be stopping there tomorrow night instead of Markham Moor.Can anyone give me the lowdown on what it’s like?(Cost to park,grub,service,facilities etc.)

I’ve passed during the night before and know it can get busy,but is it as good as it looks?

Ken.

Only been there once. It was more like a good pub with a carvery than a truckstop. I think the prices were higher than average, but the parking ticket might get you something off your meal.

I’ve never parked there. Only used it for a meal.

Between 6.0pm and 9.0pm they do an excellent Carvery in a well appointed dining room. Expect to pay about £8 for the meal, but it’s definately worth it as an occasional treat.

Search on The Stockyard to find out more.

The parking area isn’t up to much, the showers are OK, the food is lovely, well cooked and presented, I found the staff to be very good and friendly.
If I can, I will always stop there, they also take cards for your food and parking.
The whole building is of reclaimed materials, and looks very good.
There is also a CDC trailer permanently on site, not sure if it is open in the evenings though.

The Stockyard was easily voted the best Truckstop in the UK by users of this site for the 2nd yaer running… so it must have something going for it !!
:grimacing:

Personally I have used it on a number of occassions… and agree with the results of the poll :grimacing:

Stopped there last night and…?

The food was very nice,although a bit pricey.I opted for the roast beef,with all the trimmings and a cold drink,and with the £1.50 discount voucher off,it still came to £5.75.

Parking was very good at £7,(including the discount voucher) although this doesn’t concern most drivers as there company pays for it,mine included.

The showers were ok,but the whole of the drivers wash room floor was swimming,and the bar was quite nice.I didn’t think £2.10 for a pint of Guinness was too bad compared to some pubs.

Would I stop there again? Well,maybe,as it’s only 40 minutes from home,but in my opinion,it’s basically a pub/restaurant with a large parking area for trucks.

Ken.

Quinny:
in my opinion,it’s basically a pub/restaurant with a large parking area for trucks.

Ken.

What more do you want then■■?

Quinny:
Stopped there last night and…?

The food was very nice,although a bit pricey.I opted for the roast beef,with all the trimmings and a cold drink,and with the £1.50 discount voucher off,it still came to £5.75.

Parking was very good at £7,(including the discount voucher) although this doesn’t concern most drivers as there company pays for it,mine included.

The showers were ok,but the whole of the drivers wash room floor was swimming,and the bar was quite nice.I didn’t think £2.10 for a pint of Guinness was too bad compared to some pubs.

Would I stop there again? Well,maybe,as it’s only 40 minutes from home,but in my opinion,it’s basically a pub/restaurant with a large parking area for trucks.

Ken.

Which is much like you get over on the water,the icing on the cake? the parking is free!!