D47P form.

Are they only available via post from DVLA or can you get them from the post office?
5 years since I last renewed, I know that the photo will need updating this time, licence expires May 20th, so booked and passed my medical yesterday.
I know that the completed D4 form from the doctors yesterday is valid for 4 months so no issues there.
I’m also aware of the strike action at DVLA so can understand delays currently but I would’ve expected the forms to have arrived by now.
The reminder for my digicard came with 3 months left on my old one.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Are they only available via post from DVLA or can you get them from the post office?
5 years since I last renewed, I know that the photo will need updating this time, licence expires May 20th, so booked and passed my medical yesterday.
I know that the completed D4 form from the doctors yesterday is valid for 4 months so no issues there.
I’m also aware of the strike action at DVLA so can understand delays currently but I would’ve expected the forms to have arrived by now.
The reminder for my digicard came with 3 months left on my old one.

Let me google that for you…

Can’t help specifically but normally you can access online and download/print forms off.

On the wider subject… paper. I’m not an eco nut by any means but the reliance on paperwork in 2021 astounds me still. How many delivery points actually still require physical paperwork? How many firms which could be done online still require actual bits of paper to be filled in? Surely firstly in this day and age things could be more streamlined and efficient? And it might cheer Greta up a bit?

toonsy:
Can’t help specifically but normally you can access online and download/print forms off.

On the wider subject… paper. I’m not an eco nut by any means but the reliance on paperwork in 2021 astounds me still. How many delivery points actually still require physical paperwork? How many firms which could be done online still require actual bits of paper to be filled in? Surely firstly in this day and age things could be more streamlined and efficient? And it might cheer Greta up a bit?

If new photo is needed as said, then the specific form with transparent window for photo is required.

Well would you believe it?
Came through the letterbox this morning.

Franglais:

toonsy:

If new photo is needed as said, then the specific form with transparent window for photo is required.

Not if there’s an online system to upload a photo to.

Which is kind of my point… the ability to do things a bit less paperless is there yet there still seems to he an obsession with bits of paper