Dundee Law - what an idiot

planetradio.co.uk/tay/local/new … undee-law/

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Whoops!

Having looked at that on google maps - looks a tricky one!

I have cycled up the Law many times. It must have just looked wrong before he got there.

Thejpmshow:
Whoops!

Having looked at that on google maps - looks a tricky one!

Park it here and start walking to have a look where it leads to or surely most people have a smart phone and can read a map. :bulb:

goo.gl/maps/6KTY8wTZx1wwFez56

At worse he drove it to the end and where he could drive to he could obviously reverse it back from.He could see that the trailer wasn’t going to make that turn. :bulb:

Looks a nice view to take a 45 and have your lunch though.

‘An idiot’?
A bit harsh I would say. :unamused:
It’s all well and good delivering to supermarkets, factories etc, but some of the places I go (as well as undoubtedly many others on here) are real tight arsed places, not intended for long and high artics…, horse and carts and wheelbarrow yes, artics no. :unamused:
I always ring for directions when I see they are especially remote (and assurance) and yes sometimes use Google maps etc, but en route I’ve seen me thinking in the past… ‘Ffs this surely can’t be right’, luckily so far it has been.

What’s that saying…There but for the grace of God go I…(or maybe even you o/p :bulb: )
I ain’t religious btw, just heard it being said. :smiley:

robroy:
‘An idiot’?
It’s all well and good delivering to supermarkets, factories etc, but some of the places I go (as well as undoubtedly many others on here) are real tight arsed places, not intended for long and high artics…, horse and carts and wheelbarrow yes, artics no. :unamused:
I always ring for directions when I see they are especially remote (and assurance) and yes sometimes use Google maps etc, but en route I’ve seen me thinking in the past… ‘Ffs this surely can’t be right’, luckily so far it has been.

What’s that saying…There but for the grace of God go I…(or maybe even you o/p :bulb: )

But there is a point where anyone with any commons sense has to say this outfit can’t be driven forwards any further and that example had clearly gone way past the point of let’s call it a day and reverse it out the way it went in and doubt if the delivery address was anywhere near that point anyway. :bulb:

I thought John miller ran out of Lockerbie? If so it seems strange the driver is from Lincolnshire

What a thick [zb] ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So this is where he ended up! Google Maps

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DCPCFML:
What a thick [zb] ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So this is where he ended up! Google Maps

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just make a quick detour to do a bit of sightseeing.Might have got away with it with a 7.5 tonner but not an artic. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

The trailer is loaded with concrete cundy pipes, and the driver Is probably used to delivering into unlikely places all over the country, where a lot of the warriors on here would be terrified to go in case they got mud on their tyres.

He took a wrong turning. Easily done, but idiot? Really??

Old John:
The trailer is loaded with concrete cundy pipes, and the driver Is probably used to delivering into unlikely places all over the country, where a lot of the warriors on here would be terrified to go in case they got mud on their tyres.

This 100% ^^^^^^^

The plobbers that do nothing but Motorway running DC to Dc would ■■■■ themselves with fright where the building wagons have to go. Just yesterday I was down a country lane with both mirrors pushed in for half a mile to get to some obscure sewerage plant. Looked at the top of the HIAB and there was half of Sherwood Forest hanging off!

msgyorkie:

Old John:

This 100% ^^^^^^^

The plobbers that do nothing but Motorway running DC to Dc would ■■■■ themselves with fright where the building wagons have to go. Just yesterday I was down a country lane with both mirrors pushed in for half a mile to get to some obscure sewerage plant. Looked at the top of the HIAB and there was half of Sherwood Forest hanging off!

This

robroy:
‘An idiot’?

And this

Carryfast:

robroy:
‘An idiot’?

But there is a point where anyone with any commons sense has to say this outfit can’t be driven forwards any further and that example had clearly gone way past the point of let’s call it a day and reverse it out the way it went in and doubt if the delivery address was anywhere near that point anyway. :bulb:

Easy for the man who won’t say when his last load was ?

Has anyone ever been to British Wool at Liskeard? Now that is an experience for tightness

Punchy Dan:

msgyorkie:

Old John:

This 100% ^^^^^^^

This

Absolutely. I’ve seen them everywhere. Walking around like Billy big balls, telling everyone about their European days and how they “told the Gendarmes to do one”, but watch when their regular run is changed… crying …

I once had to take a 33 seat bus up there. The place has since been remodelled am not sure that a long vehicle could get round nowadays. He was carrying cundy pipes now my knowledge of drainage says you wouldnt need them at the top of a hill.

Punchy Dan:

Carryfast:

Easy for the man who won’t say when his last load was ?

Whether it’s 1999 or now an artic ain’t going to make that turn.I’d be willing to try an A frame drawbar though and reverse it back down the hill again if/when it also won’t go and you can bet that I’ll make that call long before jamming it against the monument Island. :wink:

Your starter for ten. For all the armchair “18 wheeler” heroes.

Look this up, and check out how to get there on google view…

51.167943,-3.381895

Its Exmoor Classics
exmoorclassics.co.uk

Yes,I took a 44 tonner down there. No, I did not stop on the way back up…

Yes Rob, I know that’s quite easy, but it’s only the starter for ten. I rely on you for the bonus locations…