Driving hours/WTD

Hi, I’m new too all of this and this is probably going to sound like a stupid question.
How many hours all together can you work driving and wtd in one day. I know you can work 9hours driving and can be extended to 10hours over 2 days.

Just about everything you need to know, FOC
gov.uk/drivers-hours/eu-rules

Buckweed17:
Hi, I’m new too all of this and this is probably going to sound like a stupid question.
How many hours all together can you work driving and wtd in one day. I know you can work 9hours driving and can be extended to 10hours over 2 days.

You can do a maximum duty time (the time between starting and finishing) including all breaks and driving and other work and POA of 13hrs a day which can be extended to 15hrs a day three times a week. This is because you have to have a daily rest period of at least 11hrs in a 24hr period which can be reduced to 9hrs three times a week… 24hrs-11hrs rest=13hrs duty time, 24hrs-hrs daily rest9=15hrs duty time. DO NOT MAKE THE COMMON MISTAKE OF THINKING YOU CAN DO MORE THAN 13HRS A DAY MORE THAN THREE TIMES A WEEK BECAUSE YOU’VE TAKEN 11HRS OFF. There are far too many drivers, even those who’ve been doing it decades, who wrongly believe that as long as you have 11hrs off when doing more than 13 then it’s not a reduced daily rest. If you are on duty just one minute over 13hrs it’s counted as a reduced daily rest. If the time you’ve been at work plus 11hrs daily rest is more than 24 then it’s counted as reduced daily rest.

There is one exception to this rule which is split daily rest where it’s possible to do 15hrs duty time every day if you have a 3hr period on break during the working day but to keep things simple for now just use what I posted above.

Conor:
11hrs in a 24hr period which can be reduced to 9hrs three times a week

Conor:
DO NOT MAKE THE COMMON MISTAKE OF THINKING YOU CAN DO MORE THAN 13HRS A DAY MORE THAN THREE TIMES A WEEK

Legal correction
No more than 3 times between any 2 weekly rest periods

That is different to 3 times per week

KISS.

Conor:
KISS.

I suggest keeping it legal is a better option

In tonights…

Main event. The Trucknet WBC are proud to present over 10 x 3 minute rounds.

In the blue corner, from Yorkshire, seven times WBC Trucknet arguer of the year, three times runner up WBC Trucknet ‘I don’t care what you said’ and un-disputed WBC Trucknet champion of ‘like it or lump it’, weighing in at 80 words a minute, CONNORRRRRRRRRRR TURRRRRRRRRRRTON!!!

In the red corner, from Leicestershire, four times winner of the WBC Trucknet ‘facts are facts and I know tons of them’, three times runner up WBC Trucknet ‘no really, they changed that rule last year’ and world champion fact checker. Weighing in at 82 words a minute, ROGGGGGG!!!

A good clean fight please gentleman and no chatting up the ring girls.

Box on!

ROG:

Conor:
KISS.

I suggest keeping it legal is a better option

And there we have it in a nutshell - Conor says “Keep It Simple” but it is exactly that approach which leads to drivers not fully understanding the concept of Reduced Rest (which is ironically exactly the thing he’s on about…).

yourhavingalarf:
In tonights…

Main event. The Trucknet WBC are proud to present over 10 x 3 minute rounds.

In the blue corner, from Yorkshire, seven times WBC Trucknet arguer of the year, three times runner up WBC Trucknet ‘I don’t care what you said’ and un-disputed WBC Trucknet champion of ‘like it or lump it’, weighing in at 80 words a minute, CONNORRRRRRRRRRR TURRRRRRRRRRRTON!!!

In the red corner, from Leicestershire, four times winner of the WBC Trucknet ‘facts are facts and I know tons of them’, three times runner up WBC Trucknet ‘no really, they changed that rule last year’ and world champion fact checker. Weighing in at 82 words a minute, ROGGGGGG!!!

A good clean fight please gentleman and no chatting up the ring girls.

Box on!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Conor:

Buckweed17:

There is one exception to this rule which is split daily rest where it’s possible to do 15hrs duty time every day if you have a 3hr period on break during the working day but to keep things simple for now just use what I posted above.

Another exception is double manning, so that makes 2… :smiley:

Conor:
KISS.

Are you getting close to another dummy spit?

Unless you are maxing your hours out or spend a lot of your day doing non-driving “other” work and if you stay legal on the normal driving rules you will be fine.

I spent years doing 10 hour days with eight hours of actual driving, five days a week with no problems at all.

Daily driving is 9hrs increased to 10hrs 2x a week. Max 56hrs a week and 90hrs for the fortnight. So if you do 56hrs driving in week 1 you can only do 34hrs driving in week 2. Fixed week is 0001 mon - sun midnight.
In theory you could do 4 10hr drives in a row - sat sun mon tue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk