Are lorry drivers thick as a plank?

They must be as they insist on wearing a don’t knock me down hi viz bib/vest/jacket while driving; Because the night heater does not work on a day job ; So wearing the health and safety bib will warm the kebab meat for brains agency brain dead dim wits.
Or the hi viz protection keeps the grease and oil away from their uniform or casual clothes?
But they are too thick to realise not wearing a seat belt shows up while wearing a don’t knock me over bib .

Tarmaceater:
They must be as they insist on wearing a don’t knock me down hi viz bib/vest/jacket while driving; Because the night heater does not work on a day job ; So wearing the health and safety bib will warm the kebab meat for brains agency brain dead dim wits.
Or the hi viz protection keeps the grease and oil away from their uniform or casual clothes?
But they are too thick to realise not wearing a seat belt shows up while wearing a don’t knock me over bib .

I guess the pubs are open again!

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Tarmaceater:

I guess the pubs are open again![/quote
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wear a Hi Viz T-Shirt.

I spend all day in the heat of summer on a building site so need to be as cool and comfortable as possible. Wearing a hiv viz t-shirt is cooler than wearing a normal t shirt then a hi viz vest over the top.
It has to be orange because of Network Rail and HS2 requirements. I also have to wear Hi Viz Trousers.

I can assure you i’m not kebab meat, just trying to make a sweaty job less sweaty.

Tarmaceater:

Judging you by your user name hazarding a guess I think that you fall into the thick category

Remember when considering how thick the average Joe is 50% of them are thicker than that.

Keep mine on as constantly in different trucks and God knows who sat here before me or how clean they are. If I had my own truck every day then I would happily let my t shirt touch the seat!

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

By guessing I’m thick from my username makes you look thick too , attack the post not the poster .

Tarmaceater:

And you’re too thick to realise that most truck seatbelts are red so it shows up if you’re not wearing a hi-viz.

As for agency being thick, in my experience it’s the other way around as can usually be witnessed every time a permanent driver is asked to drive a spot hire wagon, asked to do something that they normally don’t do in their job or when the clocks change. It’s as funny as hell watching them get into a spot hire truck and sit there trying to work out how to do things like adjust the steering wheel, the drivers seat, even how to change gear and find reverse in an automatic. The funniest is when it ends up being the agency driver they have to ask because all the other permanent drivers are just as clueless. You used to be able to spot the wagons which had had agency in at my spot when the clocks changed by the fact the tachos were displaying the right time on the Monday after the clocks had changed.

Tarmaceater:

Good point. I need to put a diagonal black strip across my hiviz. Every ecosystem needs mud suckers.

Will never cease to amaze me at how much thought people put into who wears a hiviz driving or the fact it bugs them so. Why do you even notice something so trivial?

As soon as I take mine off, some git is telling me to put it back on. Just seems easier to keep it on, and treat it as workwear. Never realised it riled other drivers though. What I can’t stand is dirty Hi-viz…it is so cheap, just buy a new one! some wear festering threadbare dayglo jerkins as a matter of pride I think.

I fail to understand why it is that seeing me driving in my high viz vest should incense another driver. With all the idiots you have to cope with every day I would have thought that someone else’s sartorial choice would be the least of your problems.

I have HV vests in my car since going to France (where it is compulsory to carry them) and I am seriously considering putting one on next time I go for a drive just in the hope that I meet the OP.

I take mine off as soon as I get back in the cab for fear of offending ■■■■■■■■■ like you [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think we should all start wearing them just to wind up the haters.

From now on, I am only driving with hi-viz on and another special multi coloured one wrapped around the passenger seat, just to get someone’s blood boiling. Also in my car, by the way.

Who gives a toss about wearing one.Its sites that insist you have to close up your hi viz.Screwfix always give me a bollocking.I argue all the time if your drivers cant see me with the hi vis undone.They should not be driving.

I think the OP has proved a point. Most posters are concentrating on the wearing of the hiviz when the post is actually about how the wearing of the hiviz highlights the non-wearing of the seatbelt. Nice trap 'eater… :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: