Slam Transport - Amazon

Are there any Slam Transport drivers on here that could let me know what the craque is working for them.

Cheers

From what I’ve seen, they drive like all the other parcel warriors, and then park up during the day,in every available free space(lay-bys) nearest the DC.

haven’t worked for them however worked for company who do amazon work, you need a smartphone with internet and download the app amazon relay its called, the tipping at amazon is slow, long queues for paperwork and all that jazz

I do loads of amazon work & just give them ref no for load , get pod & get it signed at other end , like 99% of places I go , never needed a app
As for slam drivers , always nice , polite , helpful , others take note !!!

Done the odd.job for them. If you want to wait in your cab you have to.unhook unit and drive forward a few feet…
Then can stay in cab. And someone will wake you up knock on when your done.

Were adamant that you were LTD company. PAYE was £10 an hour but it may have changed recently. Parking not paid unless certain circumstances, it’s why you see them parked where possible. 4 on 4 off or 6 on 2 off. Start times all over place, can start during day and night. All Amazon trunking with most of it trailer swapping. Don’t seem to bother about trailer defects, most drivers seem quite happy to run with light or tyre issues and drop the trailer in an Amazon site and leaving it for you to pick up with defects on it and good luck trying to get them sorted. Transport office now based in Poland and everything is through WhatsApp. Generally inside of the trucks are clean as they have cleaners to clean them and they were billing drivers for leaving the cabs dirty. You will be billed for damage that is your fault or for example the call out for running down the batteries. Job can be very heavy on hours with some of Amazon trips being long, for example Dunfermline to Rochester.

Jaxo:
Were adamant that you were LTD company. PAYE was £10 an hour but it may have changed recently. Parking not paid unless certain circumstances, it’s why you see them parked where possible. 4 on 4 off or 6 on 2 off. Start times all over place, can start during day and night. All Amazon trunking with most of it trailer swapping. Don’t seem to bother about trailer defects, most drivers seem quite happy to run with light or tyre issues and drop the trailer in an Amazon site and leaving it for you to pick up with defects on it and good luck trying to get them sorted. Transport office now based in Poland and everything is through WhatsApp. Generally inside of the trucks are clean as they have cleaners to clean them and they were billing drivers for leaving the cabs dirty. You will be billed for damage that is your fault or for example the call out for running down the batteries. Job can be very heavy on hours with some of Amazon trips being long, for example Dunfermline to Rochester.

Where do I sign up! :open_mouth:

drover:

Jaxo:

Where do I sign up! :open_mouth:

If it was me , the job centre [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

New pastures

LTD rates were £12 Monday to Friday and £15 for weekends. As I said they insisted you were LTD company. Sometimes you can be parked up for 15+ hours before they find you a load. Units mainly Dafs and MAN with a handful of Volvos. They only do Amazon work. What suits one person may not suit someone else. A lot of people find the actual job easy as it is pretty much just trunking but the hours and other issues within doing the job may annoy you and not suit you.

The idea of…

Kicking back trailers every time I went to couple up puts this into touch for me. The rates aren’t very good especially for Ltd status.

I’d guess the majority of drivers currently employed are greenhorns with lots of things hanging off the windscreen and back wall of the cab.

I don’t work for slam but did enquire during the busy period.
Pay 35k but expect to max your hours. Your looking at 13-14 hour shifts

A friend said a mate of his lasted about 3 weeks there

Treat drivers terribly from what I can gather

I think Amazon is their only contract

Only thing I can say is they seem to have the fastest trucks in the UK. You’ll never pass one, but many will go by your offside. :imp:

LazyDriver:
Only thing I can say is they seem to have the fastest trucks in the UK. You’ll never pass one, but many will go by your offside. :imp:

Offside?..

I assume you mean nearside right?

If that’s the case and I know this goes off topic but, I couldn’t care less which side someone passes me on.

I’d get a tad upset if they were overtaking me on my nearside! :wink:

the maoster:

I’ve found them very friendly.
Turn on your your nearside indicator and start to move across, they always flash you in and give a wave of the hand.
Always makes me smile.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Franglais:

the maoster:

Turn on your your nearside indicator and start to move across, they always flash you in and give a wave of the hand.
Always makes me smile.

Could that…

Be construed as dangerous driving though? Deliberately forcing your vehicle into the path of another, regardless of whether the nearside vehicle should, in your opinion, be there.

yourhavingalarf:

Franglais:

the maoster:

Always makes me smile.

Could that…

Be construed as dangerous driving though? Deliberately forcing your vehicle into the path of another, regardless of whether the nearside vehicle should, in your opinion, be there.

If I really did it…

It would be. [emoji3]

Franglais:
If I really did it…

It would be. [emoji3]

Lol…

Silly me, your statement seems to be in the past tense so, it appeared that you’ve actually performed that particular manouvre.

Now I know you’re only kidding me on. :smiley: