First week proper tramping

Well after a change in job due to company I did work being brought out and going in a direction I didn’t like .
I’ve now worked a week with my new firm doing proper tramping and doing a mix of work and going right up and down the country with paid parking empty or loaded .
I must say I’m loving it as I only use to do about 1 to 3 nights out at my old job and used to be back at the yard quite a few times in the week .
The biggest bonus is I’m the only driver in the company doing it so no coworkers moaning at what I’m doing unlike my old job and no golden boys [emoji23][emoji23]
Also my boss thanks you if you’ve done a good job and is open to suggestions on stuff

New pastures

blue estate:
Well after a change in job due to company I did work being brought out and going in a direction I didn’t like .
I’ve now worked a week with my new firm doing proper tramping and doing a mix of work and going right up and down the country with paid parking empty or loaded .
I must say I’m loving it as I only use to do about 1 to 3 nights out at my old job and used to be back at the yard quite a few times in the week .
The biggest bonus is I’m the only driver in the company doing it so no coworkers moaning at what I’m doing unlike my old job and no golden boys [emoji23][emoji23]
Also my boss thanks you if you’ve done a good job and is open to suggestions on stuff

New pastures

I remember years ago working out of a National Carriers depot, I was the only tramper, after they won a new job.
Not many in the office had a clue how far away and how long it took to get to places, as it was otherwise a parcel depot.

I remember one day loading out of the yard for Southern England and there was at least half a dozen people waving me off as if I was going off on some kind of expedition. :laughing:

Did they make sure you packed your passport? [emoji23]

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

robroy:

I remember years ago working out of a National Carriers depot, I was the only tramper, after they won a new job.
Not many in the office had a clue how far away and how long it took to get to places, as it was otherwise a parcel depot.

I remember one day loading out of the yard for Southern England and there was at least half a dozen people waving me off as if I was going off on some kind of expedition. :laughing:
[/quote]
… and I bet this was your response Rob :smiley:

200w.gif

wide-load85:

robroy:

… and I bet this was your response Rob :smiley:

No I was young, more polite, and less of a cynical old bast in those days. :smiley:

Novelty of going from one end of the country does wears off when you wake up on a thurs morning with a drop to do in Aberdeen & a collection from Inverness & then you’ve got to get back to the depot , I’d much rather not be a proper tramper & go a hour / two from the depot & know I’m getting back & going home for the weekend
Should give that type of crap to the drivers who love to run in / do extra shifts , though I must admit I was told to drop all loads at Carlisle this week & pull a load back down south from round there , sense prevails at last

dozy:
Novelty of going from one end of the country does wears off when you wake up on a thurs morning with a drop to do in Aberdeen & a collection from Inverness & then you’ve got to get back to the depot , I’d much rather not be a proper tramper & go a hour / two from the depot & know I’m getting back & going home for the weekend
Should give that type of crap to the drivers who love to run in / do extra shifts , though I must admit I was told to drop all loads at Carlisle this week & pull a load back down south from round there , sense prevails at last

That’s because your planners are only looking after their own ■■■■ ,
My Friday was planned with drop in Bourne lincs then collect Mansfield to deliver to Chichester 15 miles from yard
5am start and was back in yard at 5:30 pm and that’s with a 1 1/2 hour wait for tyre fitter due to a puncture on trailer .
Don’t forget I chose this job knowing full well what it entailed[emoji6]

New pastures

blue estate:

dozy:

That’s because your planners are only looking after their own ■■■■ ,
My Friday was planned with drop in Bourne lincs then collect Mansfield to deliver to Chichester 15 miles from yard
5am start and was back in yard at 5:30 pm and that’s with a 1 1/2 hour wait for tyre fitter due to a puncture on trailer .
Don’t forget I chose this job knowing full well what it entailed[emoji6]

See Dozy, properly planned no Ginsters and pop for this boy, home for his steak dinner

New pastures

dozy:

Why don’t you tell your agency you don’t want nights out then? And to place you with another client? And drop to three or four days a week?

You’re a casual worker. You can pick and choose.

dozy:
I’d much rather not be a proper tramper & go a hour / two from the depot & know I’m getting back & going home for the weekend

Ok doze I’ve been amused by your recent attempts to have a pop at me on different aspects on here, and took it in good part :laughing: , but slightly BEmused, considering how many times I’ve stuck ip for you in the past when you’ve been getting (self inflicted) dog’s abuse from most other members on here,…
So now it’s my turn mate, gloves are off.

You have come on here whinging about how Stobarts have treated you for ■■■■ years. :unamused:
The reason they treat you like that is that you have no self respect and ALLOW them to treat you like a doormat, while they sit back, take the ■■■■ whilst laughing their ■■■■■ off at you.
Keeping you out, planning you with virtual impossible tasks, knowing too well that you will try and achieve them and run to the last second to park up in the first unsuitable lay by ■■■■ hole you come to, whilst living on a diet of crap, which has evidently ■■■■ ed up your health from what you say.
Not to mention your driver record after getting caught willingly going over your time…think yourself lucky you did not do a month inside, Carlisle are well known for handing out ott punishments for blatant law breaking on tachos…re Boyles, Martin Olivers and Bells of Wigton…look them up.

You have done the job as long as, (or maybe even longer :open_mouth: ) than me, and you have learned nothing about how to look after yourself in this job, when it comes to being exploited by sharks in transport and d/heads in offices.

So now you make out as if you are some kind of victim…If you would rather …
;quote ‘‘Not be a proper tramper going an hour or two from depot’’
get another ■■■■ job!!!
Unless of course they are holding you hostage to it or summet, it can’t be that you need the cash, as you are always telling us your job is hobby type for ‘‘Pocket money’’…aye right, some hobby being treated like a James Hunt on a daily basis. :unamused:

I only hope the redeeming feature on all this is you are having us all over, having a giraffe at our expense, I have always suspected that, and hope I am right.
Cos I sometimes think that nobody your age with your experience could come across as being so ■■■■ naive and stupid…
Away man either come clean or get a grip ffs.

toonsy:

dozy:

Why don’t you tell your agency you don’t want nights out then? And to place you with another client? And drop to three or four days a week?

You’re a casual worker. You can pick and choose.

He can’t go past Carlisle too risky with his record !!

robroy:

dozy:
I’d much rather not be a proper tramper & go a hour / two from the depot & know I’m getting back & going home for the weekend

Ok doze I’ve been amused by your recent attempts to have a pop at me on different aspects on here, and took it in good part :laughing: , but slightly BEmused, considering how many times I’ve stuck ip for you in the past when you’ve been getting (self inflicted) dog’s abuse from most other members on here,…

You have come on here whinging about how Stobarts have treated you for [zb] years. :unamused:
The reason they treat you like that is that you have no self respect and ALLOW them to treat you like a doormat, while they sit back, take the ■■■■ whilst laughing their ■■■■■ off at you.
Keeping you out, planning you with virtual impossible tasks, knowing too well that you will try and achieve them and run to the last second to park up in the first unsuitable lay by [zb] hole you come to, whilst living on a diet of crap, which has evidently [zb] ed up your health from what you say.
Not to mention your driver record after getting caught willingly going over your time…think yourself lucky you did not do a month inside, Carlisle are well known for handing out ott punishments for blatant law breaking on tachos…re Boyles, Martin Olivers and Bells of Wigton…look them up.

You have done the job as long as, (or maybe even longer :open_mouth: ) than me, and you have learned nothing about how to look after yourself in this job, when it comes to being exploited by sharks in transport and d/heads in offices.

get another [zb] job!!!
Unless of course they are holding you hostage to it or summet, it can’t be that you need the cash, as you are always telling us your job is hobby type for ‘‘Pocket money’’…aye right, some hobby being treated like a James Hunt on a daily basis. :unamused:

I only hope the redeeming feature on all this is you are having us all over, having a giraffe at our expense, I have always suspected that, and hope I am right.
Cos I sometimes think that nobody your age with your experience could come across as being so [zb] naive and stupid…

Bottom line, he’s a troll. Been caught out 2 or 3 times in the last couple of years or so. Each time he has disappeared for a while after and then re-appeared in the hope people have forgotten.

tmcassett:

robroy:

dozy:

You have come on here whinging about how Stobarts have treated you for [zb] years. :unamused:
Keeping you out, planning you with virtual impossible tasks, knowing too well that you will try and achieve them and run to the last second to park up in the first unsuitable lay by [zb] hole you come to, whilst living on a diet of crap, which has evidently [zb] ed up your health from what you say.

get another [zb] job!!!

Cos I sometimes think that nobody your age with your experience could come across as being so [zb] naive and stupid…

Bottom line, he’s a troll. Been caught out 2 or 3 times in the last couple of years or so. Each time he has disappeared for a while after and then re-appeared in the hope people have forgotten.

NO he’s one of Eddie’s finest

tmcassett:

Of course he is, he’s been winding you all up for years.

tmcassett:

robroy:

dozy:

get another [zb] job!!!

I look upon him as a ‘Friendly troll’ :smiley: he’s harmless, and sometimes funny…albeit for maybe the wrong reasons…and tbf entertaining on the forum. :smiley:
Some of the present and past trolls on here are/were complete arse holes , dozy ain’t. (See? I still love him even if he don’t love me anymore :frowning: :laughing: )
That is why I have gone along with him over the years, and been tactful, but lately for some reason he’s ‘‘turned on me’’ (#dramaqueen :blush: :laughing: ) maybe he’s just jealous of my cool demeanour unbelievable good looks… and modesty :laughing:

blue estate:

So you went self employed, huh?

Grumpy_old_trucker:

tmcassett:

Of course he is, he’s been winding you all up for years.

Must be time for him to emigrate to Spain again

ETS:

blue estate:

Doubt it I bet he’s PAYE

When I saw the thread title ‘Proper tramping’ I was expecting the stereotypical b/s myths of wet wipe washes, carrier bag khazis, pot noodles, lay bys, and unpaid security guard duties mentioned that you had suddenlly taken up. :laughing:

(On the other hand sadly, neither b/s OR myth for many. :unamused: )

ETS:

blue estate:

Nope PAYE , I work for a tipper firm but they sub me out to 2excell doing full general loads
From Tuesday morning up till 1pm on Friday I had t been south of Watford gap in that time
The paid parking empty or loaded helps

New pastures