Concrete Wagon for on farm concrete mixing?

… I was thinking of buying a used concrete wagon and using the mixer as a batch mixing unit on the farm as we have loads of concrete that we need to lay. Anyone seen this done or got any experience people doing it?? I would either keep it on the truck or demount it and sell on the truck as a chassis cab.

You could look for a stand alone agitator mixer, used on site for feeding piling rigs. Truck mount mixers discharge into the agi that then provides the pump as and when it is needed.

Utranazz are dealers who have some.

I know of a chap who did his own concrete mix .Bought an old Foden mixer made a hopper to get the aggregate into the drum loading with a telehandler the cement was bought in 25kilo bags which were the opened and put in the drum .The one problem was it was only a very short haul on the farm track not long enough to properly mix the compounds properly so had to stand the lorry for a time just mix the concrete

I would be inclined to buy the mixer wagon as you mentioned, then cut chassis at back of cab or just forward of it and weld a drawbar setup on the front. That way you could convert the two rear axle brakes to work off tractor brakes and run the drum off tractor hydraulic spool valves. You then have a mixer you can load in the yard and get concrete anywhere that a lorry couldn’t get to.

ianto:
I know of a chap who did his own concrete mix .Bought an old Foden mixer made a hopper to get the aggregate into the drum loading with a telehandler the cement was bought in 25kilo bags which were the opened and put in the drum .The one problem was it was only a very short haul on the farm track not long enough to properly mix the compounds properly so had to stand the lorry for a time just mix the concrete[/quote

That is exactly what I was thinking about doing. Loading it with a telehandler with a bagging bucket like the one in the photo.

s-l400.jpg

wide-load85:
I would be inclined to buy the mixer wagon as you mentioned, then cut chassis at back of cab or just forward of it and weld a drawbar setup on the front. That way you could convert the two rear axle brakes to work off tractor brakes and run the drum off tractor hydraulic spool valves. You then have a mixer you can load in the yard and get concrete anywhere that a lorry couldn’t get to.

Good idea!!

This company has been operating around the Hastings area for many years, just turns up on site carrying all the stuff to make whatever mix is needed and discharges it where needed. There is lots of demand for him around here.