What is this all about , sat nav related

I’ve said about this before , my sat nav ( snooper ) will not have going though the dart ford tunnels , it will route you wool wich ferry , anti clockwise round M25 etc etc , it’s fine going over bridge so can’t see how the suggestion of toll doesn’t seem right , it’s fine through any other tunnel .
This symbol which seems to come up , which looks like a pedestrian comes up , I normally use right hand tunnel & symbol comes up as you leave tunnel but warnings are going off through tunnel , other day I used left hand tunnel & symbol came upbasically before you went into tunnel then exiting it
Not a issue really , but I’d love to know what it’s seeing , what symbol is telling me , bet it’s simple

FC9C076D-7D2B-4CDF-A118-E456177C56EE.jpeg

It’s telling you not to lay down when driving. It thinks you need a kip so it’s sending you to the ferry.

it’s telling you not to use your mobile whilst driving

It’s become sentient I think you’ll find. It’s part of the worldwide China led electronic conspiracy. All electronics have been given the task of crushing the human spirit and it is obviously starting with the most feeble. More information from Juddian, Winseer and Trucknet Internet Titan :wink: Carryfast.

Its routing you via Woolwich so you can stop of at Tesco express and get yourself a Ginster and a can of orange pop.

dozy:
I’ve said about this before , my sat nav ( snooper ) will not have going though the dart ford tunnels , it will route you wool wich ferry , anti clockwise round M25 etc etc , it’s fine going over bridge so can’t see how the suggestion of toll doesn’t seem right , it’s fine through any other tunnel .
This symbol which seems to come up , which looks like a pedestrian comes up , I normally use right hand tunnel & symbol comes up as you leave tunnel but warnings are going off through tunnel , other day I used left hand tunnel & symbol came upbasically before you went into tunnel then exiting it
Not a issue really , but I’d love to know what it’s seeing , what symbol is telling me , bet it’s simple

Has the map got the 7. 5t outside lane weight limit set for the whole road as that would explain why it happens with the tunnel and not the bridge? Random diversions for no reason on my tomtom seem to normally be down to a weight limit on a road that doesn’t actually have one (a40 between Ross and Monmouth used to try to divert me up towards Hereford to avoid a weight limit near that little village with the cafe where it drops to 50 after a big hill, cant remember name of the village, but the weight limit is for a lay by at the side of the road.)

Other than that have you got hazardous materials set to on?

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

It possibly thinks you are carrying hazardous prohibited.

KarlM:

dozy:

Has the map got the 7. 5t outside lane weight limit set for the whole road as that would explain why it happens with the tunnel and not the bridge? Random diversions for no reason on my tomtom seem to normally be down to a weight limit on a road that doesn’t actually have one (a40 between Ross and Monmouth used to try to divert me up towards Hereford to avoid a weight limit near that little village with the cafe where it drops to 50 after a big hill, cant remember name of the village, but the weight limit is for a lay by at the side of the road.)

Other than that have you got hazardous materials set to on?

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

I will have a look in settings , looked before but not seen anything obvious , ta

cav551:
It possibly thinks you are carrying hazardous prohibited.

Could be , will have a look , ta

Shock horror. Dozy continues his trolling tradition of posting a photo sideways - so predictable!

I use a tomtom 6250 pro and that shows A282 Canterbury Way (dartford tunnel approach) as a restricted road and will always route me away from it been on to tomtom support for months about it they say now it’s a map error and will be corrected in next map release,anyone else use one and have the same problem?

Can’t say I’ve ever had any sat nav issues :laughing:

Funny that is doze,.I never have any probs on that score with my cheap jack bog standard 30 quid sat nav…you should maybe try one of them mate, those 400 quid jobs are no good for you. :wink:

Punchy Dan:

I accidentally tore a page in my map the other day. :unamused: :smiley:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

You may have to cut and paste with some sticky back plastic, just like Blue Peter does.

alamcculloch:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

You may have to cut and paste with some sticky back plastic, just like Blue Peter does.

My bloody sat nav is stuck up with ‘sticky back plastic’ :blush: :laughing:

Uncleskid:
I use a tomtom 6250 pro and that shows A282 Canterbury Way (dartford tunnel approach) as a restricted road and will always route me away from it been on to tomtom support for months about it they say now it’s a map error and will be corrected in next map release,anyone else use one and have the same problem?

Don’t know about the tunnel (I have it on avoid tolls so it’s always a rerout for me) but it used to tell me the A55 is HGV restricted in the windy-windy part with the tunnels. It took them a WHILE to update the map with the new A14 bits.

Go into the settings.

Set claustrophobia to :OFF.

Sorted.

Try changing the settings so it isnt set to avoid tolls. Though if your going via the Woolwich ferry dont forget to get your stash from the duty free shop

There’s a saying in the Tech world.
Any device is only as good as the information punched in by the idiot operator.