What is this all about , sat nav related

dozy:

switchlogic:

biggriffin:
There’s a saying in the Tech world.
Any device is only as good as the information punched in by the idiot operator.

Or take your pick of these well known error codes

PEBKAC problem exists between keyboard and chair
PEBCAK problem exists between chair and keyboard
PEBMAC problem exists between monitor and chair
ID-10T/1D-10T idiot error
PICNIC problem in chair, not in computer
IBM error idiot behind machine error

Yes that’s the machine codes, I was referring to,but I didn’t want to over tech speak the post,as the OP might get information overload…

The OP gets information overload if you use any four or more letter words frankly
[/quote]
Yes your right , but I grew up in 70,s / 80,s where if you had something to say it was with your fists not words ,
[/quote]
You’ve quoted three different people Dozy, who are you most upset by?

Personally I was replying to Big Griffin’s comment and not specifically having a go at you, though you do regularly get shed-loads of stick from quite a few forum contributors so I would have thought you’d be immune by now.

I don’t see what your point is about when you grew up, for me that was the 60’s and 70’s, sure there was drinking and fighting, but for 90% of us, there was more to us than just being a juvenile delinquent. We all got it drilled into us that we had to “stick in at school” or we’d get caned etc, and when we all went on to do apprenticeships we were expected to “stick in at college” when on day-release or we’d get grief from the gaffers when we were back at work.

As for “I’m just a lorry driver…” the old “all lorry drivers are thick” cliche; it might have been true once upon a time I suppose, but that simply isn’t true anymore.

I know quite a few lorry drivers who have some significant achievements under their belt, quite a few with a university education, including at least one with a PhD, not to mention at least two former airline pilots. As for me, I drive Class 1s and 2s, ADR and general haulage, as well as being a qualified Transport Manager and DGSA.