A.W. Jenkinson,

Having done just a year on an 8 wheel Tipper I’m looking for a change. A couple of people have suggested Jenkinsons as a good job that pays reasonably well. Anyone on here give any opinions or insight please?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Just watch your night out money [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

New pastures

I think they use the old 60s movie ‘Hell drivers’ as a training film in their induction.
From what I’m told from a reliable source, you have to ignore each other as drivers, go like hell to be first in the queue, pass suitable parking places to get to lay bys on your last minute to help achieve that, (along with working unpaid on a Sunday the odd time, :open_mouth: ) start at ridiculous o’ clock, and boast at weekends what you have done…
Ironic thing is they don’t make you do all this stuff, it’s apparentlly voluntary among many of the drivers :laughing: … so you have to be of a certain mindset.
Oh yeh,.and you have to believe you’re on a percentage of truck earnings,.although they never tell you to help you work it out.

Other than that if you don’t play along with all that crap, I’m told it’s ok. :smiley:

Ask the expert Mo aka “don’t mess with moi money”

The Class 1 tipper job out of their new Goole depot is apparently a “clean shaven role”
I couldn’t help but laugh as I told him I was no longer interested. I haven’t shaved since I left the army and I’m not going to start now :smiley:

Heavy-metal-Hodge:
The Class 1 tipper job out of their new Goole depot is apparently a “clean shaven role”
I couldn’t help but laugh as I told him I was no longer interested. I haven’t shaved since I left the army and I’m not going to start now :smiley:

“Clean shaven”?
Seriously?

Franglais:

Heavy-metal-Hodge:

“Clean shaven”?
Seriously?

There’s a big difference between a (groomed) beard, and a scruffy “cant be arsed to shave” stubble… :grimacing:

Heavy-metal-Hodge:

You’re joking :open_mouth: surely.

I wish I was joking, when he asked if I had a beard I thought he recognised my name from another job.
There must be a good reason otherwise they’d surely find some allegations of discrimination from people with religious beards :question:

Haven’t worked there maybe 4 years now, and that was walking floors, but the job was a pretty good really. You will get mixed reviews though, you get assigned a planner, and each one seems to have thier own regular work to a certain degree. Talk to two different drivers with different planners and it will sound like a world apart.
There was never start times, bit odd the first time you ring them and the planner asks what time you start. Most people with any sense start earlier, because who wants to try and park after 6pm.
Money is odd, majority think they are basically paid for 12 hours a day plus night out, so that’s what they work. Used to be roughly 650 in the bank.
Assigned units and trailers, got fridges in, garage will fit your inverter and CB, but they weren’t supplied.
Somebody will drive yours when your on holiday, weekends they sit in the yard, defects and maintenance done.
Walking floors are versatile beasts, pallets to waste to wood products. Some jobs are dirty, just keep boots and overalls for them jobs and your set, most lads manage.

Chip liner work is dung, it’s the wrong tool for what ever job your doing.
No idea how the tippers get on, always wondered how they get a net on top of a mountain load of chips though…

fridger:
Haven’t worked there maybe 4 years now, and that was walking floors, but the job was a pretty good really. You will get mixed reviews though, you get assigned a planner, and each one seems to have thier own regular work to a certain degree. Talk to two different drivers with different planners and it will sound like a world apart.
There was never start times, bit odd the first time you ring them and the planner asks what time you start. Most people with any sense start earlier, because who wants to try and park after 6pm.
Money is odd, majority think they are basically paid for 12 hours a day plus night out, so that’s what they work. Used to be roughly 650 in the bank.
Assigned units and trailers, got fridges in, garage will fit your inverter and CB, but they weren’t supplied.
Somebody will drive yours when your on holiday, weekends they sit in the yard, defects and maintenance done.
Walking floors are versatile beasts, pallets to waste to wood products. Some jobs are dirty, just keep boots and overalls for them jobs and your set, most lads manage.

Chip liner work is dung, it’s the wrong tool for what ever job your doing.
No idea how the tippers get on, always wondered how they get a net on top of a mountain load of chips though…

It’s chip liner I’ve been offered based at Meriden.

I know a few lads who work for them. None of them are the types to rush around maxing their cards out either. £650 a week in the bank for Mon to Fri tramping is about right.
More to be earned if you’re prepared to tear a*se around but that’s down to the individual.

The fellas I know are all on walking floor but I doubt the chipliners will pay much different. From what I hear Jenkies are one of the better “big” outfits to work for

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I worked for them about 12 years ago now had to give it up as became disabled , I can say that I was never pushed some of the lads seem to rush around but that was up to them I was happy with what I earned £550-600 take home never asked to work weekends . Had a new unit after a month or two of being with them once yours is up for renewal you get new one even if your new start.Cbs where used to talk to the lads working in there yards or other drivers. Job can be dirty but that’s the job a lot of wood chip or dust .Has for me one of the best jobs I had.I was on a walking floor so not sure about chipliner side of it all I can say give it ago if not for you you can leave

Ps
It could have change now as I said it’s a long time ago I was with them .

Good luck

Thinking of giving this one a go myself

Chip liners get paid a bit extra, because it’s dirtier, but not much extra, and not worth it in my opinion.
I’d try applying to walking floors if I was you, all the time I worked there they were supposedly crying out for drivers, but never advertised, so you never know just because walking floor jobs aren’t advertised doesn’t mean there not there.
I have no idea how things run from Merriden but beware chipliners are doing genera haulage in-between bulk loads, so you will get the usual pushing, timed delivery etc. and will work harder for your money what ever loads your pulling.

Well, had the assessment and been offered the job. Start on the 19th. Only really changing as I can’t get on with the bio soilds work where I am at the moment.

Could be because of the dust mask, I know ■■■■ tankers state that as term of employment.

rgt1973:
Well, had the assessment and been offered the job. Start on the 19th. Only really changing as I can’t get on with the bio soilds work where I am at the moment.

Well done, you never know if its a decent job unless you try it!

Loaded out of there place at Clifton , nr Penrith today , nice people , very laid back & helpfull , if that place is anything to go by you should be fine
Though I did take the lorry back to Carlisle & wash it , and I had a shower , hate these ■■■■■■ , Mucky places

Got an assessment next week in Chippenham