Jack Richards. / Shift patterns

Any one know how shift patterns work .at jack Richards. Or in general
As jack Richards website is advertising jobs various shifts.
Or 4 on 4 off. 5 on 3 off. Etc But they also have 6 on 6 off.

How does 6 on 6 off work more pay wise.?

obviously your working a full week get a week’s pay…but what about the week your off? Do you still get paid for it?
Just curious what the score is regards pay when off . Or indeed holiday entitlement is as well.
Am looking for 4 on 4 off pattern as fed.up of Mon to Fri 2 days off.

Am drawn to the 6 on 6 off if get paid when off plus your holidays won’t be working much through the year I’d of thougt.
Anybody doing this shifts or have any information thanks.

I’m going to hazard a guess that you do not get paid for your 6 days off!

idrive:
I’m going to hazard a guess that you do not get paid for your 6 days off!

That’s what I’m thinking . Never heard of 6 on 6 off before though just curious how it works

edd1974:
just curious how it works

It’ll work in…

The firms favour, not yours.

You’d do 80/90 hrs in a week , so divide by 2 is 40/ 45 hrs pw , sounds ok to me
Nb as long as the 6 th day wasn’t part of weekend as I like my sat / sun off
Think shift I’ve got now , mon - Thursday takes some beating

Kind of sounds tempting but as you say be 80 hrs plus .
Where I am is Mon to Fri. But want something more days off. Like 4 on 4 off.
Not fussed about working weekends.
As years ago used work in warehouse flt driver working shifts and weekends.
And preferred having days off In .The week could.get more done go places and there not busy in the week.

dozy:

Ok group, let’s all take a minute shall we?..

the maoster:

dozy:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

the maoster:

dozy:

Jesus Christ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So surely, 6 on 6 off is exactly the same as 4 on 4 off as far as paid days per year are concerned? All depends if you want to melt yourself for 6 days to get nearly a week off in a row or 4 days to get 4 off in a row.

Not worked it out as not a pattern I would fancy, might be tempted with 4&4 when I slow it down a bit but at the moment I would be doing a rest day every week so not worth it.

Fuzrat:
So surely, 6 on 6 off is exactly the same as 4 on 4 off as far as paid days per year are concerned? All depends if you want to melt yourself for 6 days to get nearly a week off in a row or 4 days to get 4 off in a row.

Not worked it out as not a pattern I would fancy, might be tempted with 4&4 when I slow it down a bit but at the moment I would be doing a rest day every week so not worth it.

Yes, they are the same. The benefits of 4 on-4off are beter than 6on-6off, because if you take holidays, you’d have to take them in blocks of six, otherwise you end up with odd length weeks, or coming in for two or three days. The longer periods are mainly used by operations were a shift change is more involved, like shipping and off-shore operations, where 2 weeks on-2 weeks off has been a long standing practise. 4on-4off for driving is a good shift if you can afford not to max your hours every week. You effectively work a normal weeks hours (38-42) in 3 and a half days, and get 3 and a half days of meaningful time off. And you only need to take 4 days from your annual days off, to get just shy of a fortnight holiday.

Jack Richards, the only place where you do two weeks work in six days, but only get paid one weeks wages, then you will be sat at home for six days not getting paid

peirre:
Jack Richards, the only place where you do two weeks work in six days, but only get paid one weeks wages, then you will be sat at home for six days not getting paid

Yes, you are right. This shift pattern is not for the brainwashed.

As it’s the part of the Turner group now, don’t think you get very fat on their wages.

Larger

the maoster:

dozy:

:laughing: :laughing: Classic.

@O/p…If they do pay you 6 days for sitting on your arse at home, please me know asap, that sounds like my kinda job. :sunglasses: :smiley:

(Won’t hold my breath waiting for the call. :smiley: )

Yorkielad:

the maoster:

dozy:

Jesus Christ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Think that’s Dozy form of humour (I hope) or we should rename him Trigger :open_mouth: :laughing:

robroy:

the maoster:

dozy:

:laughing: :laughing: Classic.

was that tongue in cheek or does he mean it :open_mouth: ahh well back to my drawing :wink:

peirre:

Dear oh dear me , you get 6 days off and you don’t see it as time to go out & enjoy yourself , you see it as time to sit at home moaning to yourself ( though you have been paid x2 weeks wages when you were at work for the 6 days ) that your not being paid , get a life