ADR class 2

Anyone know the average wage? Seen jobs advertised in Leeds around 18PH yet my area (Stoke on trent) the pay doesn’t seem that much?

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Same all other class 2 jobs in most cases. Might get more for certain jobs like gas tankers, but most will be pallet multidrop. Only advantage in it is less people have it (especially on agency) so chances of getting a job are slightly higher.

I do it class 1 and get a lot less than most supermarket jobs.

trevHCS:
Same all other class 2 jobs in most cases. Might get more for certain jobs like gas tankers, but most will be pallet multidrop. Only advantage in it is less people have it (especially on agency) so chances of getting a job are slightly higher.

I do it class 1 and get a lot less than most supermarket jobs.

Ok mate thanks, going try get someone who.will take me on don’t fancy leaving full time for agency (even though I’d be on more with my adr)

There always seems to be a lot of seasonal work on ADR rigids, home fuel, gas and farm deliveries, maybe

Is there any regular work on agency with adr year around?

Wheel Nut:
There always seems to be a lot of seasonal work on ADR rigids, home fuel, gas and farm deliveries, maybe

Ok thanks, is there much work on agencies for adr

ag1992:

Pretty much if you want pallet multidrop or night trunking type stuff. Not great money however as many pay the same as non haz and that’s pretty much bottom rate.

Infact in those cases, the only reason to have ADR is to get infront of all the other people without it. Thats why I got it originally, it put me ahead of all the other agency people especially when you have less than the magic 2 years experience.

There will be tanker stuff, but don’t think they do agency as much since it tends to require training.

trevHCS:

ag1992:

Pretty much if you want pallet multidrop or night trunking type stuff. Not great money however as many pay the same as non haz and that’s pretty much bottom rate. Infact in those cases, the only reason to have ADR is to get infront of all the other people without it.

There will be tanker stuff, but don’t think they do agency as much since it tends to require training.

Ok thanks mate

ag1992:
Anyone know the average wage? Seen jobs advertised in Leeds around 18PH yet my area (Stoke on trent) the pay doesn’t seem that much?

£18/hr for ADR class 2 in Leeds? :smiley: Maybe on Sundays and bank holidays. Regular shifts? Nope.

ADR pays around £1/hr more than normal freight, ie. pointless having the tickets as the cost + the additonal hassle and red tape isn’t worth it, and that includes tankers. No shortage of idiots working out of Teesport and Humberside pulling ADR ISO tanks for a tenner an hour and then you’ve got all the Hoyer lot working all hours God sends pulling ‘normal’ ADR tanks/fuel tanks for only a fraction more once you factor in all the weekends they have to work.

DCPCFML:

ag1992:

£18/hr for ADR class 2 in Leeds? :smiley: Maybe on Sundays and bank holidays. Regular shifts? Nope.

ADR pays around £1/hr more than normal freight, ie. pointless having the tickets as the cost + the additonal hassle and red tape isn’t worth it, and that includes tankers. No shortage of idiots working out of Teesport and Humberside pulling ADR ISO tanks for a tenner an hour and then you’ve got all the Hoyer lot working all hours God sends pulling ‘normal’ ADR tanks/fuel tanks for only a fraction more once you factor in all the weekends they have to work.

To be fair here in Stoke the adr jobs which I’ve seen advertised have been £2+ PH more than regular freight. Do my adr next week just wondering if regular work on agencies

I’ve seen two Class 2 tanker jobs for £33k in last few weeks. Both Midlands. Obv require the PBP ticket or whatever it’s called too for dealing with petroleum.

Mate just got his HIAB and got a job with Wincanton. £12.50 for first three months then £14.50 p/h after that. On a 7-5 day shift.

Tailschwing:
Mate just got his HIAB and got a job with Wincanton. £12.50 for first three months then £14.50 p/h after that. On a 7-5 day shift.

I’ve been offered a job at jewsons was on 24k a year salaried with alternative Saturdays. Turned it down as I’d prefer do my adr to be honest. Also think the wage wasn’t high enough and when they told me the previous driver was sacked for standing on the truck I was like nah your alright. Where abouts in Midlands were the tanker jobs BTW?