Logistics people sittinbourne

Has any one any experience of the above ? are they reliable for regular work ?

Ask Dozy, he works for the logistic people…and he on £1000 a week PAYE :wink:

I’ve done a bit for L.P, seem okay and you’ll be kept busy don’t worry about that

its owned by Eddie Stobarts And they only recruit for them i think.

elsa Lad:

I would say at the rates they are paying in sittingbourne, it would be quite easy to do a grand top line every week.

elsa Lad:

I don’t do 5 days a week now , 4 days , mon- thurs so I don’t earn £1,000 pw now , though I easily could if I was interested in xtra shifts , bank hols etc etc, but I’m not so my wages have reduced by apx 20 %

Yes They are reliable for work , I’ve never been stood down etc
But the 9 hrs guarantee only seems to apply in the week when you’re away , if you go home early on a thurs ( or whatever day you finish on ) you only seem to get paid the work you do that day ( that seems to be decided by stobarts ) , I often get emails saying I’ve had 15 min here / there deducted by someone at stobarts , you’re hol pay is paid in your wages every week / or they did hold it in a pot for you , so you will have to save it up for hols or like me I’m on 2 weeks hols you don’t get any hol pay , I’ve never had so many letters from the tax people , even after speaking to them it isn’t resolved , apparently I now owe them tax from last 2 years ( though not big sums ) , you’re basically controlled by stobarts , but not employed by them
It suits me as I’ve health issues so I’m often off for a day / two p.w , so I can just take it while agency & have hols when I want , but to be honest I’d say after working for them full time & now agency in theory , your better off taking everything into account full time , but as I say money is not as important to me at my age as time off / Hols when I feel like / need
Nb you’re hol pay is basically 12 % deducted from you’re weekly wage ( I’ve never worked it out but so I was told on here once it was 12 % , so if you earnt £100 then £12 would be deducted from that & paid as you’re hol pay

well thats not confusing is it

dozy:
I don’t do 5 days a week now , 4 days , mon- thurs

Your determined to have the steak dinner on Fridays

I’m sure Logistics people will have an “introduce a friend” scheme, so why not go 50/50 with the OP and each get a beer or two out of it

The 12% holiday payment thingy sounds awfully like rolled up holiday pay? Thought that had been banned these days?

dozy:
But the 9 hrs guarantee only seems to apply in the week when you’re away , if you go home early on a thurs ( or whatever day you finish on ) you only seem to get paid the work you do that day ( that seems to be decided by stobarts ) , I often get emails saying I’ve had 15 min here / there deducted by someone at stobarts , you’re hol pay is paid in your wages every week / or they did hold it in a pot for you , so you will have to save it up for hols or like me I’m on 2 weeks hols you don’t get any hol pay , I’ve never had so many letters from the tax people , even after speaking to them it isn’t resolved , apparently I now owe them tax from last 2 years ( though not big sums ) , you’re basically controlled by stobarts , but not employed by them
It suits me as I’ve health issues so I’m often off for a day / two p.w , so I can just take it while agency & have hols when I want , but to be honest I’d say after working for them full time & now agency in theory , your better off taking everything into account full time , but as I say money is not as important to me at my age as time off / Hols when I feel like / need
Nb you’re hol pay is basically 12 % deducted from you’re weekly wage ( I’ve never worked it out but so I was told on here once it was 12 % , so if you earnt £100 then £12 would be deducted from that & paid as you’re hol pay

Sounds like your getting done over

FTFY

robthedog:

dozy:

Sounds like your getting done over

That doesn’t sound right.
I get 100% of my weekly income in the bank (minus statutory NI, taxes etc), then any holidays are paid extra at an accrued average rate

I have started doing work through logistics people, driving for Stobarts, and my weekly pay is made up of an hourly rate for the work I do, plus an hourly rate for holiday pay.
If I get paid for 50 hours at the hourly rate I’m on, my holiday pay for a week off would work out at roughly the same amount as a 50 hour week.
Can’t see how anyone can say that it sounds like someone is getting done over, or it doesn’t sound right if you don’t know hourly pay rate they are getting.
Don’t know where Dozy is working out of, but where I am the hourly rate less the hourly holiday pay for me is approximately £2.50 per hour more than what most companies are paying to there full time drivers, with the added benefit of being able to work when I want and not when they want.

Any one actually working out of Morrisons Sittingbourne ?

weeto:
I have started doing work through logistics people, driving for Stobarts, and my weekly pay is made up of an hourly rate for the work I do, plus an hourly rate for holiday pay.
If I get paid for 50 hours at the hourly rate I’m on, my holiday pay for a week off would work out at roughly the same amount as a 50 hour week.
Can’t see how anyone can say that it sounds like someone is getting done over, or it doesn’t sound right if you don’t know hourly pay rate they are getting.
Don’t know where Dozy is working out of, but where I am the hourly rate less the hourly holiday pay for me is approximately £2.50 per hour more than what most companies are paying to there full time drivers, with the added benefit of being able to work when I want and not when they want.

What’s confusing is the way Dozy’s post reads is they deduct 12% off your wages for your holiday pot?? Where as most places pay an average of the last 52 weeks pay as your weekly holiday pay

Got a txt this morning saying if I / we work all the allotted shifts from the 11 th April for one month with no sickness / accidents then I will be paid a extra £2 ph , this £2 ph may stay permanently in place , desperate or what !!!

dozy:
Got a txt this morning saying if I / we work all the allotted shifts from the 11 th April for one month with no sickness / accidents then I will be paid a extra £2 ph , this £2 ph may stay permanently in place , desperate or what !!!

I’ve received a similar text, says nothing about about it being linked to sickness/accidents, just says they are trialing it for 4 weeks.
I wondered, with it being a trial and drivers didn’t like the extra £2, they would withdraw it, nothing surprises me in this industry.

weeto:

dozy:

I’ve received a similar text, says nothing about about it being linked to sickness/accidents, just says they are trialing it for 4 weeks.
I wondered, with it being a trial and drivers didn’t like the extra £2, they would withdraw it, nothing surprises me in this industry.

Mine definitely says if you work all your booked shifts with no sickness or accidents( surprised they didn’t put holidays as well , but does say about 4 week trial from 11 April , got txt this morning saying your hourly rate on joined up does not include your holiday pay , holiday pay with be in your pay per week un less you requested otherwise , I guess drivers have took the job on a promise of x amount ph then see the hourly rate on joined up which is less the 12 % they take off it for hols , and are not happy
Would of thought they’d be better off sorting holiday pay out rather than £300 bonuses , 1,000 + draws & £2 ph pay rises

peirre:

dozy:
I don’t do 5 days a week now , 4 days , mon- thurs

Your determined to have the steak dinner on Fridays

I’m sure Logistics people will have an “introduce a friend” scheme, so why not go 50/50 with the OP and each get a beer or two out of it

They do it’s £300 , but I wouldn’t want to recommend anyone take a job for the reasons above , it suits me but I’m not sure hols with no pay ( unless you save it ) will suit many , I don’t want pms saying that the reason Johnny & the 4 kids are homeless is because I recommended them to take a job with lp

toonsy:
The 12% holiday payment thingy sounds awfully like rolled up holiday pay? Thought that had been banned these days?

So I keep being told , but you wonder are they daft enough to continue with it if it is illegal