Photographers

Good morrow kindly Trucknet.

There’s a hobbiest photographer (like me but I don’t think he was ever a driver), that snaps trucks going through his local area. Retired gent I believe. I was astonished to discover the other day that two drivers who shall remain nameless at a company that shall remain nameless got their office to contact him to tell him to stop taking their pictures! Which I think is insane. Who do they think they are, A List celebs being snapped by paparazzi?! Personally I’ve always enjoyed seeing photographers, do you? My view is that in general the best some feel about us is apathy the worst hate so if a hobby photographer taking pictures it’s a welcome change. If you don’t like them, why? Not looking for confrontation, just interested. And only talking about hobby photographers not companies videoing :smiley:

linktr.ee/lorrydriverdotcom

(Pic not related just one I took yesterday)

I dont have an issue with it. My time on the buses and coaches probably conditioned me into it I guess as its obviously a hobby to some. They’re not interested in the driver in any way shape or form, you just happen to be driving is all.

Does not bother me in the slightest, you often see these guys on m.way bridges.
Unless it was for something sinister, or as a means to drop you in it, why would anybody care? :unamused:

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest either. Who am I to criticise someone else’s hobby/passion?

I do get a bit bored with them asking for my autograph and soiled underwear though.

the maoster:
Doesn’t bother me in the slightest either. Who am I to criticise someone else’s hobby/passion?

I do get a bit bored with them asking for my autograph and soiled underwear though.

I just borrowed those undercrackers for a duster…you said you’d never mention it ! :imp:
:smiley:

Doesn’t bother me, I’ve got nuffink to hide.
I was on the motorway when a young (presumably) mum was on the overpass with a couple of little trackers, one about 4, the other 6.
While mum and the older fellow were watching a truck driving away, I returned a wave to the little bloke. The excitement as he grabbed mum and jumped up and down, pointing at me absolutely made my day.
I think a little bit of wee might have come out, he was so enthralled at getting a wave.

yep, always use to give the kiddies a wave and a blast on the horns made their day and mine to see their excitement… :slight_smile:

Intrigued, I just googled my registration number and up pops a photo that was taken by some photographer 2 years ago on the trucks 1st day out.
It’s on “Pintrest” whatever that is and it has the date it was taken, why these people feel the urge to take photos of trucks baffles me.

Don’t bother be not like anyone would want to photo my plain blue non liveired man truck.

An do have noticed the spotters are back out on that little corner facing the rac building on the m6.

The drivers complaining obviously have no idea on privacy laws as anyone can take your photo from a public place and there is sod all you can do about it.

There used to be a guy at Dock Gate 20 in Southampton taking pics of the trucks around him - I used to give him a wave - always seemed to me like a harmless pastime, some one with a genuine interest in haulage.

No different from taking pics of trains buses or aircraft.

I am still waiting to find one of me driving on or off a ferry or parked in some strange club in Spain or Belgium.

Not seen one yet!

109LWB:
The drivers complaining obviously have no idea on privacy laws as anyone can take your photo from a public place and there is sod all you can do about it.

This…I’m a photographer by hobby. Landscapes mainly, not trucks (although I have photos of my trucks from way back). 109 is absolutely right. Or else how could the paparrazzi operate?

edd1974:
Don’t bother be not like anyone would want to photo my plain blue non liveired man truck.

An do have noticed the spotters are back out on that little corner facing the rac building on the m6.

That’s Libby ! Pop in for a brew, a butty and a chat. Go North Snack Bar | Facebook

I don’t have a problem with it ,I have a look the Paul Gee photo thread , on Old Time lorries & companies on this website.
Its nice to see the photos of the vehicles & companies that were once a common site on the roads , but are now confined to history , especially with so many companies nowadays adopting the dreaded white livery.

If it weren’t for these enthusiasts taking the photos over the years all these now lost companies & their liveries would be just a faded memory…

Absolutely no problem…then again not many want to take photos of my stunning 12 ton council bin lorry :smiley: cheers Ray

I love being ‘papped’ I’m gutted if they catch me on a dirty day :smiley: :smiley:

I remember connecting up to a tri at the bacon factory at Malton , a lad came to the fence and shouted me over , he wanted to know if ——- was there , couldn’t see it so rang my mate in office at Newark , it was at Newark for a service
Talking to this lad he’d left near Birmingham at 2 am on a sat , been to Sherburn to get pics , had then come up to malton & was then so he said going to Corby ( long time ago so think it was corby ) , when I got back to Newark that night at 17.00 he was in the yard taking pics , I left then to go off home & he’d already spent 15 hrs on a sat taking pics of lorries with more to take , so I’d guess 22.00 when he finally get home , seemed like a perfectly normal lad , not strange , but my recollection of saturdays at that age were pub , football , pub ( or often cells ) , shagging
I also remember the couple who travelled up from down south to Newark to take pics on a sat , loads of lads told them of places to go round the area of things o see on Sunday as they were making a weekend of it , they spent Sunday sat in canteen talking to drivers as they came in
Are they mad,no more I guess than the person who spends the day fishing , train spotting , or 50 yrs of his life following Bristol rovers from one end of the country to the other , would I change it , not a chance , my club & I love them though
Taking pics of lorries isn’t for me but if people enjoy it , it’s there hobby good luck to them , doesn’t bother me

roadcruiser:
If it weren’t for these enthusiasts taking the photos over the years all these now lost companies & their liveries would be just a faded memory…

THIS! Everyone likes looking over old pictures and often the most popular are the bread and butter trucks just going about their day, which is why when out I generally photograph everything.

Lonewolf Yorks:

109LWB:

This…I’m a photographer by hobby. Landscapes mainly, not trucks (although I have photos of my trucks from way back). 109 is absolutely right. Or else how could the paparrazzi operate?

This. I have had several heated discussion when someone is called out for being a ■■■■■■■■■■ for taking pictures of an under 18 football match or at a motorcycle race with the cadet and youth racing.