Goole Tesco jobs

For anyone looking for a job at the moment around Goole.

Class 2
42.5 contracted hours
£12ph 10% premium for nights and 25% premium for weekends.
Overtime 15.96 ph.
Job ID 7486

Class 1
42.5 contracted hours
£12.75ph 10%, night premium and 25% weekend premium.
Overtime £16.96 ph
Job ID 7386

Just though it might help anyone who is looking for work as a new pass or furloughed or made redundant.

Nice to have a bit of info OK rates of pay etc.

That would be DHL recruiting for the tesco goole/Doncaster depots, I enquired about it a couple of weeks ago. Though considering that I now get more £/hr for day work than they are offering in O/T rate I think I will stick where I am

peirre:
That would be DHL recruiting for the tesco goole/Doncaster depots, I enquired about it a couple of weeks ago. Though considering that I now get more £/hr for day work than they are offering in O/T rate I think I will stick where I am

As I said I thought it might be helpful to some who may need a job. A job is better than no job.

£12.75 per hour to drive a filthy, battered poverty spec Actros, pulling filthy, knackered trailers that are a health hazard inside from all the spilled produce out of the cages that never gets cleaned up. And then on top of that you have to do garage forecourts and residential local stores and sweat your ■■■■■■■■ off trying to move 1 tonne 8ft tall cages with square wheels that are loaded with beer and wine (badly). Yeah, where do I sign up? Plus the place is in the arse end of nowhere meaning that if you don’t live in Goole you have at least a 30 min drive to and from work from virtually every populated place. They’ve been advertised nonstop for drivers since the place was built. Even at £20 per hour they’d still have a revolving door of drivers.

Wish I lived closer to there as that’s more than I get for nights driving a knackered DAF with knackered curtainsider trailers covered in unknown stuff that really could do you damage if you touch it rather than looking a bit unsightly.

Its likely not sit on backside work, but its worth it if close by. Kindof enjoyed similar with COOP except the stupid early start times. Pity its 50 miles.

As for willy wavers - we don’t care what you earn!

DCPCFML:
£12.75 per hour to drive a filthy, battered poverty spec Actros, pulling filthy, knackered trailers that are a health hazard inside from all the spilled produce out of the cages that never gets cleaned up. And then on top of that you have to do garage forecourts and residential local stores and sweat your ■■■■■■■■ off trying to move 1 tonne 8ft tall cages with square wheels that are loaded with beer and wine (badly). Yeah, where do I sign up? Plus the place is in the arse end of nowhere meaning that if you don’t live in Goole you have at least a 30 min drive to and from work from virtually every populated place. They’ve been advertised nonstop for drivers since the place was built. Even at £20 per hour they’d still have a revolving door of drivers.

The advert states a desirable fleet so that shouldn’t include pov spec actros. Although not sure where the motors will be coming from currently unless they have temporarily taken over the Stobart trucks. I would expect they will be getting new Volvo’s to replace the fleet at some point of not already started.

Am I to understand Stobarts have lost Tesco Goole to DHL?

brandsbybank:

Yes

Thanks

brandsbybank:

Lost Doncaster to DHL also.

Thanks. Hope the staff on ambient goods in office (nights) are looked after

Widnes next… XPO

other than note being able to drop / swap on a thurs so I can get home without a 2 hr wait to get tipped it’s brilliant , stuff 70 cages of beer / pop etc , I hardly ever go in there , think once in last 2/3 yrs to do a load , but you realise it’s crap work ( that’s goole / donny ) as other than trunking d/d to Widnes not done any work out of there
Can’t see any effect on my work as get txts every day , desperate for drivers , still paying £300 recommend a friend , £300 if you don’t have hols etc etc , and I’m on 2 week hol , mrs checking my phone even said how desperate are your employers

brandsbybank:
Thanks. Hope the staff on ambient goods in office (nights) are looked after

Can’t say how many staff but have seen there are office staff and drivers that have been tupe’d over to DHL.

idrive:
Widnes next… XPO

According to Tesco/Stobarts press release, Stobarts have kept the other contracts they have with Tesco including the train set from Daventry.

dozy:
it’s brilliant

dozy:
it’s crap work

dozy:
I hardly ever go in there ,

dozy:
not done any work out of there

Thx for clearing that up. Ta

Ah, now I understand why they do 48mph on motorways and 35mph on single carriageways - trying to milk that £14 p.h. as much as possible.

£12.75 + 10% = £14 on nights, sorry. And then £16 on weekends, not so bad.

ETS:
Ah, now I understand why they do 48mph on motorways and 35mph on single carriageways - trying to milk that £14 p.h. as much as possible.

£12.75 + 10% = £14 on nights, sorry. And then £16 on weekends, not so bad.

That’s the pay structure for DHL on the contract no idea if that’s the same better or worse than when ESL ran it.

It’s just the transport side isn’t it? Not the warehouse/goods in staff etc?

toonsy:
It’s just the transport side isn’t it? Not the warehouse/goods in staff etc?

Management, admin staff and drivers tupe’d from a post I saw.

Reading the article on Motortransport, it is just the transport side as far as I can tell as you suggest. Not sure if the goods in staff were run by Stobrats or Tesco themselves.

4 DC left run by Stobrats, 2 in Crick clothing and grocery, Middlesborough and Widnes and the Railhead, also mentions something about a large part of tesco’s primary-distribution that wasn’t part of the tender.