Backstabbing drivers

why are so many drivers backstabbing ■■■■■? Is there an inbred gene laying dormant in most drivers that they have to ■■■■■ and moan behind your back but try to be your “mate” to your face. Particular drivers where I work slag so many others off in any way they can it’s laughable. I’m losing patience with this breed of ■■■■■■ I have worked in other industries and have never encountered this degree of backstabbing. Any one else feel this way or should I shoot my self now?

I should shoot yourself now, Its always been the same as far back as I can remember. :smiley:

The job is awash with backstabbers, arse wipes, brown nosers and yes men,.all trying to be the best friend of whoever is in charge, doing any amount of demeaning tasks, usually detrimental to their well being, to gain favour, but far too thick to realise it actually gets them nowhere.
Best just to avoid them, but feed them lashings of bs to your advantage, so it gets back to the right quarters.

robroy:
The job is awash with backstabbers, arse wipes, brown nosers and yes men,.all trying to be the best friend of whoever is in charge, doing any amount of demeaning tasks to gain favour, but tar too thick to realise it actually gets them nowhere.
Best just to avoid them, but feed them lashings of bs to your advantage, so it gets back to the right quarters.

The best response, at one place I worked we used to do this to one driver in particular which resulted in him ringing the boss at 2 in the morning while the boss was on holiday demanding to know why he wasn’t getting the next new lorry, boss man rang everyone and asked them to stopped feeding said driver bs entertaining as it was he didn’t appreciate random phone calls when he was on holiday :smiley:

Dimlaith:
why are so many drivers backstabbing [zb]? Is there an inbred gene laying dormant in most drivers that they have to ■■■■■ and moan behind your back but try to be your “mate” to your face. Particular drivers where I work slag so many others off in any way they can it’s laughable. I’m losing patience with this breed of [zb]. I have worked in other industries and have never encountered this degree of backstabbing. Any one else feel this way or should I shoot my self now?

Do you call them “Backstabbing ■■■■■■■■■ to their face?
:smiley:

But lets be honest, are drivers any worse than gossips anywhere else? Doesnt this go on in offices and factories too?

Franglais:

Dimlaith:
why are so many drivers backstabbing [zb]? Is there an inbred gene laying dormant in most drivers that they have to ■■■■■ and moan behind your back but try to be your “mate” to your face. Particular drivers where I work slag so many others off in any way they can it’s laughable. I’m losing patience with this breed of [zb]. I have worked in other industries and have never encountered this degree of backstabbing. Any one else feel this way or should I shoot my self now?

Do you call them “Backstabbing [zb]” to their face?
:smiley:

Yes I do in a round about way if you get my meaning.

But lets be honest, are drivers any worse than gossips anywhere else? Doesnt this go on in offices and factories too?

robroy:
The job is awash with backstabbers, arse wipes, brown nosers and yes men,.all trying to be the best friend of whoever is in charge, doing any amount of demeaning tasks, usually detrimental to their well being, to gain favour, but far too thick to realise it actually gets them nowhere.

That’s pretty much what I do.

I love the drivers who know exactly what you and every other driver is doing before you do
I do what I get told to do .
Couldn’t give a ■■■■ what anyone else is doing .
I think you are on a slippery slope if you start looking at what others are doing
And judging and comparing to what you have to do .

Rock up , daily checks , check notes , quick good morning to others just to be sociable
Rev up and gone .
No sat in canteen or wandering around the yard for an hour discussing what everyone’s doing .

I told one driver yesterday morning I had an job interview this morning and by 2pm every one knew

I’m lost

blue estate:
I told one driver yesterday morning I had an job interview this morning and by 2pm every one knew

I’m lost

Quite unbelievable some of um .
I have no interest in anything about the drivers I work with
There personal lives or there work day.

Happy Trucker1:

blue estate:

I’m lost

Quite unbelievable some of um .
I have no interest in anything about the drivers I work with
There personal lives or there work day.

That’s why I to,d said person because I knew it would go round like wild fire [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

New pastures

It doesn’t happen at all transport companies.
For many years I worked for European Road Freight in Hull, there was 52 of us and I never ever remember any backstabbing, we were like a big family.
It didn’t matter what country or how many of us were weekended together there was never any spouting behind other drivers backs, if there was I never heard it or heard of it.
There was none of this“ he’s getting better work than me or he’s getting a better truck than me”, it was without doubt the best job I ever had.
Unfortunately it went ■■■■ up when Dave Riby decided to retire and sell up, most of us left and I went to work for DSV at Immingham, what a culture shock that was…
I’ve never in my life come across so many childish, back stabbing ■■■■■■■■ in my life, I lasted 9 years but out of the 100 plus drivers that worked there I talked regularly to less than 5 and was guarded in what I would say to them.

Happy Trucker1:
I love the drivers who know exactly what you and every other driver is doing before you do
I do what I get told to do .
Couldn’t give a ■■■■ what anyone else is doing .
I think you are on a slippery slope if you start looking at what others are doing
And judging and comparing to what you have to do .

Rock up , daily checks , check notes , quick good morning to others just to be sociable
Rev up and gone .
No sat in canteen or wandering around the yard for an hour discussing what everyone’s doing .

Exactly this above.

I have zero interest in anyone else’s day or their personal lives.
Tesco drivers are the worst I’ve ever had the displeasure of being around. Jobs a pice of ■■■■ apart from the many negative ■■■■■.

I have had this too, they will say why does so and so always get a light load and not a heavy load, why the best tips and quicker tips, to finishing early on a Friday, jumping the queue for a newer truck, never goes to London or someone will always get sent to London as if if they go , they will be raped by an alien or abducted on the North Circular ?
Then they argue on how many nights out Jim had and he can afford a better car , to he never washes his lorry and the one who washes it three times a day wearing out the brushes .
The blue eyed boys who finished by 8 am on a Friday and we were all on a salary for Monday to Friday only and some had run out of time on a Friday night at The Isle of Grain or Thames Port due a crane breaking down or too windy to get your containers or drop one off .
So you run back on a Saturday for no pay and no pay for the night out on Friday.

Dimlaith:
I have worked in other industries and have never encountered this degree of backstabbing.

Where? It’s rife in engineering, every single facet of the public sector…

blue estate:

If you don’t want everyone to know your business then don’t tell them. :unamused:

Got to admit I keep myself to myself at my place of work.
I’ll say hello to most of them, but tbh there are only about 3 I have any time for.

The d/heads who are up the boss’s arse, and the retards who kip in their trucks on a Sunday pm to leave at midnight :open_mouth: are treated with the contempt they deserve, I just avoid them,.and make it clear I ain’t friendly. :smiley:

At least with me what you see is what you get, if I don’t like somebody I make it crystal. My Mrs who is a bubbly friendly to anyone type of girl will say to me…‘You were a bit rude with him’’ to which I reply, ‘‘Yeh cos I don’t like him’’. :smiley:

robroy:
I’ll say hello to most of them, but tbh there are only about 3 I have any time for.

The d/heads who are up the boss’s arse, and the retards who kip in their trucks on a Sunday pm to leave at midnight :open_mouth: are treated with the contempt they deserve, I just avoid them,.and make it clear I ain’t friendly. :smiley:

At least with me what you see is what you get, if I don’t like somebody I make it crystal. My Mrs who is a bubbly friendly to anyone type of girl will say to me…‘You were a bit rude with him’’ to which I reply, ‘‘Yeh cos I don’t like him’’. :smiley:

I may go in on a Sunday night but that’s so I can get more sleep [emoji42][emoji42][emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

New pastures

blue estate:

robroy:

I may go in on a Sunday night but that’s so I can get more sleep [emoji42][emoji42][emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

New pastures

I fully get it if they only have one car, or if there’s a baby at home, or if it’s saving their Mrs taking him early morning, but they do it voluntarily.
If they ran down Sun pm, they would get paid premium time and a night out, instead of single time and sleeping in the yard for ■■■■ all. :unamused:
I think what it is they have ran to the bitter end of their fortnightly driving times,.so are always on the limit.
Anyway whatever, …knob heads who are no better thought of whatever their reasons may be.

Conor:

Dimlaith:
I have worked in other industries and have never encountered this degree of backstabbing.

Where? It’s rife in engineering

There was a time when workers across the board in every sector would all happily face the sack to save the job of just one victimised worker or to stop just one firm undercutting the terms and conditions of everyone.Don’t tar them all with the same brush.
I can remember many in the sector calling Hugh Scanlon a treacherous POS.Social Contract.Yeah right wage controls all in favour of the employers and at the expense of the workers.
Then Thatcher managed to convince the working class that being anti solidarity was good for them.The rest is history.
A fish rots from the head down. :bulb: