Ongoing tipper training requirement?

Saw this advert on another part of t’intyweb, and I’m intrigued by one of their criteria.
The first bit of the advert seems fairly standard, though they do seem to expect a lot, and without mentioning wages :unamused: :

We are looking for an experienced 8 wheeler tipper driver … Must have at least 2 years experience in muck shifting,quarry work,site work,tarmac into a paver and also planer experience. Also must have full driver cpc,digi card and epic card.
Main duties include collecting and delivering aggregates muck etc in and around (our area) so good knowledge of the local area is also needed.
Daily walk around checks,regular wheel torquing,washing outside of vehicle,keeping the cab tidy, greasing of your vehicle

OK, fair enough, most of it shouldn’t even need to be stated for any half-decent driver, but I’d like to know what they mean by this:

maintaining the required level of training to be a tipper driver

Considering the standard “high regard” the industry has for tipper drivers, what do you reckon they’re getting at? “Every day is foot down Friday and don’t forget to disengage the PTO before you pull away” pretty much covers it I reckon :laughing:

Zac_A:
what they mean by this:

Weekly tuition with the Stig.

Zac_A:
Saw this advert on another part of t’intyweb, and I’m intrigued by one of their criteria.
The first bit of the advert seems fairly standard

We are looking for an experienced 8 wheeler tipper driver … Must have at least 2 years experience in muck shifting,quarry work,site work,tarmac into a paver and also planer experience.
[/quote]
Where do they get the two years ‘experience’ unless they get a start with no ‘experience’.
Doesn’t seem to fit the narrative of a ‘driver shortage’ not enough new drivers entering the industry.Drivers are retiring with no replacements following. :unamused:

Tipper Training consists of entering an empty room, there are three rigger boots on the table, if you come out with a matching pair, you can start Monday

Wheel Nut:
Tipper Training consists of entering an empty room, there are three rigger boots on the table, if you come out with a matching pair, you can start Monday

Only if you can prove at least two years previous experience of being able to wear three boots on two feet.

I’m reassured, I thought that perhaps tipper drivers had become the new rocket scientists :smiley:
I would have asked the advertiser directly but they switched off commenting on the thread

Would it not relate to various site/quarry card?

Ah… good point, I’d forgotten about that. It would have made more sense for the advertiser to just state MPQC Driver Skills Card when they talked about DL, DCQ and Tacho cards

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Zac_A:
what they mean by this:

Weekly tuition with the Stig.

Nah yuill & dodds the stig learned everything he knows there :open_mouth: :grimacing: