Jobs in Avonmouth

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of any jobs in Avonmouth doing 4 on 4 off or 5 on 3 off without nights out and working sociable start times? Preferably with a bit of physical work as well.

Currently work for a supermarket based in Severn Beach the money is good but the job is a bit boring and the start times aren’t very good. 1am, 2am.

I know Culina do 5 on 3 off, I worked there briefly but I don’t think they are a very good company and there’s no physical work at all. Plus it’s nights out and no pay for overtime.

I have seen DHL Nisa are advertising £35k for 4 days starting at 4 earliest, has anyone got any experience with them? I previously worked for Bidfood so have done similar and enjoyed it and I think Nisa is supposed to be easier? Just drop the cages and go rather than handballing them out. Plus only 4 days.

I live in South Wales so have Aldi in Cardiff but I have never seen them advertise.

Any one got any suggestions?

Hi Aziden, I worked for UK Mail through Drivers Direct for about 18 months, they were Monday to Friday starting 9am until around 6 or 7pm. That was alright. They are DHL, but it’s a small warehouse and about ten or so class 1 drivers so you get to know the others and have a bit of a crack with it. They do offer the agency drivers contracts but the contract money is a joke. The drops and collections are a doddle and you’ll get directions from the other drivers if you’re ever stuck. The drivers direct office that get drivers in there is the office they’ve got on third way. Or i can pm it to you if you did want it?

Also, the drops and collections are mostly pump trucked on and off by yourself, or rolled on and off in cages so there’s enough exercise to stay in shape, sort of.

If you want them shift patterns combined with a bit of physical graft I’d be trying the likes of Co Op, Farmfoods, Lidl etc. I’m not from that area but do deliver there regularly and there are apparently a wealth of jobs in the area.

Culina are looking, you’ll have to do a night out or 2 though…

DAF95XF:

The o/p has already worked there mate.

MikeDBristol:
Hi Aziden, I worked for UK Mail through Drivers Direct for about 18 months

Thanks for the info mate, I think I know where their office is, how did you find working for an agency? Was there plenty of work or was it just UK Mail you worked at?

the maoster:

DAF95XF:

The o/p has already worked there mate.

Didn’t see that :blush:

Farmfoods were advertising for 4 on 2 off. £35k region.

the maoster:
If you want them shift patterns combined with a bit of physical graft I’d be trying the likes of Co Op, Farmfoods, Lidl etc. I’m not from that area but do deliver there regularly and there are apparently a wealth of jobs in the area.

Yeah I was thinking of trying one of the Lidl haulers, I seen an advert for one the other day £39000 apparently.

I think there is a lot of jobs here but a lot of them are stupid hours or unrealistic workloads and it seems to be the same companies advertising over and over, XPO, Farmfoods, Culina etc.

mrginge:

Yeah mate, I was speaking to a guy on here about them the start time is 12 - 6am and it varies everyday, similar start times to what I’m on now, but less money and perks etc.

That had a lot of work on mate. They’ve got drivers in the Range, which is a Gregory’s site. Easy work, working any days you want, they operate seven days a week. I worked for them when uk mail was a bit slow. Which was hardly ever, probably totaling a couple of weeks in the 18 months. I worked for Linage in Portbury Dock as well for drivers direct. That was easy work as well, fridges, going in and out of supermarkets. There’s no loading or unloading done by yourself though, all done by warehouse bods. Plenty of time for sleep though.

MikeDBristol:
That had a lot of work on mate. They’ve got drivers in the Range, which is a Gregory’s site. Easy work, working any days you want, they operate seven days a week. I worked for them when uk mail was a bit slow. Which was hardly ever, probably totaling a couple of weeks in the 18 months. I worked for Linage in Portbury Dock as well for drivers direct. That was easy work as well, fridges, going in and out of supermarkets. There’s no loading or unloading done by yourself though, all done by warehouse bods. Plenty of time for sleep though.

See it’s information like that why I posted this question I’ve had an account on here for a while but never really posted. The amount of knowledge and experience people have on here is unreal.

Try Palletways Avonmouth i worked there last year started at 8 and home by 6 daily.Its only some of the places where a bit tight.Farmfoods i did not last 2 weeks the office was disorganised.

WheelsofCardiff:
Try Palletways Avonmouth i worked there last year started at 8 and home by 6 daily.Its only some of the places where a bit tight.Farmfoods i did not last 2 weeks the office was disorganised.

Thanks, Palletways seem to advertise quite often as well is it just because they’re busy do you think?

I should add that the Range starting times were around 5.00 - 7am, it’s curtain side work, but easy to find the shops, new or nearly new units. I’d work there again if i was looking. Linage starts were from about 4am onwards, Monday to Friday work but weekend shifts available if their contract drivers weren’t covering them. I’d work for them again. Uk Mail like i said were good, I’d work for them again if i was looking.

I worked at Whistl in Cribs Causeway as well, through Drivers Direct, for about a year. They were good, going in and out of royal mail depots and collecting from printing places. Enjoyed that.

They’ve all asked if i wanted a contract after working a couple of days for them, Whistl asked if i wanted a contract before I’d even done a shift for them. I prefer agency work though as i like to jump ship when i get a bit bored of working somewhere . Anyway, hope it helps.

Try the co op it’s such a big depot I’m sure they could fit you in somewhere around your desired start time and it’s definitely semi physical. I’ve also heard the Range is good.

Aziden:

mrginge:

Yeah mate, I was speaking to a guy on here about them the start time is 12 - 6am and it varies everyday, similar start times to what I’m on now, but less money and perks etc.

Further to that I’ve just been given a number for staffline agency, for Tesco - £17ph and £22 per hour after 42 hours. Apparently

Also contemplating 5/3 with Malcolms currently.

^^^^ if I’d been offered them rates at Tesco I wouldn’t even consider Malcolms. Probably half that pay meaning you’d need to work double the hours just to match what you’d earn at Tesco.

MikeDBristol:
I prefer agency work though as i like to jump ship when i get a bit bored of working somewhere . Anyway, hope it helps.

Yeah mate definitely helpful, I’m the same I end up getting bored, Supermarket work is pretty decent it’s just so boring.

Thejpmshow:

Aziden:

mrginge:

Further to that I’ve just been given a number for staffline agency, for Tesco - £17ph and £22 per hour after 42 hours. Apparently

Also contemplating 5/3 with Malcolms currently.

I thought the agency were on more than that. I have heard of agency earning £1000 a week working nights and there is a lot of agency so I would of thought you would be kept busy.