Tesco Goole tip

Tipping here in a bit but have questions if anyone can help?

Do they have the computerised booking system. I’m guessing yes.

If so will the booking number start with “GO…” as I have that which is a start…

What’s the process to hand keys in etc… delivering nappies so I’m guessing non food side unless you fancy a nappy sandwich…

Is there one place or two? Address I’ve got is Rawcliffe Rd, I’ve found one near there but not on Rawcliffe Rd

Pull up at supplier barrier(far right ones) follow instructions on screen,it’s a touchscreen.
It’ll tell you a bay number to go on.
Back on bay,walk to goods in and there’s lockers for your keys,follow instructions on touchscreen left side of lockers(put reg and bay number in,door pops open,put keys in locker,shut door and take the little key out with you),give them your notes,you can sit in cab and there’s coffee machine and toilets in goods in,once you get a green light do it all in reverse,automatic barriers on way out,just drive up to it.
Any trouble at gate with booking in on touchscreen press the goods in buzzer and they’ll sort you out.
Usually let you in an hour early,any earlier runs the risk of been sent though site and back out,it’s all one way so no drama.
I don’t mind going there and the Lichfield one.

Sorry…there’s only one Tesco rdc at Goole,of at jct 36 M62 and go off to right(A161) next roundabout turn right(but it’s signposted anyway).

Cheers mate, all good and on a bay. Tbf it’s similar to the rest now I’ve got in but always worth checking :slight_smile:

I like how they use the headboard as a brake for the pallet truck :unamused:

toonsy:

Everything gets rammed in.

adam277:

toonsy:

Everything gets rammed in.

Oooo err matron :laughing:

Never know, it might stop when Wincanton take over the Goole site in the coming weeks…allegedly…
Seems they have been on a bit of a spree according to friend who works for them, they’ve taken on the Heineken contract after the Khune Nagel sell off and it seems they going for complete Asda control after the takeover…if true along with other companies buying up smaller ones/rivals ( Turners buying a few, Maritime taking Wincanton containers and Kinaxia buying anything ) then how many firms are going to be left■■? :unamused:

Not sure Wincanton will get Goole, as Tesco have dropped them from all the other sites they ran (Middleton 1&2, Middlewich, Doncaster & Snodland) but stranger things have happened.
Culina seem to be buying companies for fun as well.

Norfolkinclue1:
Never know, it might stop when Wincanton take over the Goole site in the coming weeks…allegedly…
Seems they have been on a bit of a spree according to friend who works for them, they’ve taken on the Heineken contract after the Khune Nagel sell off and it seems they going for complete Asda control after the takeover…if true along with other companies buying up smaller ones/rivals ( Turners buying a few, Maritime taking Wincanton containers and Kinaxia buying anything ) then how many firms are going to be left■■? :unamused:

It’s a bit more complicated then Wincanton taking the Heineken contract :wink:

We tip at Goole, quite a bit, always been a good tip, some good lads in there as well.

showers are ok , food cheap , free coffee if you’ve a Tesco card , other than that it’s crap & 99 % of my time in there is drop & swap

Been 4 times in last two week,longest wait to get tipped was 50 mins,night shift are spot on,don’t mind going there at all.

Yorkielad:

Norfolkinclue1:

They are doing it now

Was in there again today for 0730 booking, which is the time I pulled out of the gates having been tipped and load checked etc.

Impressive.

Tbh since that new system has gone in, after it was sorted and people understood how how use it, I can’t recall a time I’ve been stuck in any tesco dc for an excessive amount of time. I know people will have, maybe I’ve just been lucky?

DHL are currently recruiting drivers for Doncaster and Goole, (Job vacancy # 6732)
I had a short chat with a lady called Olivia in their recruitment Dept last week when the vacancy came up online, so out of curiosity I applied for it, after a couple of speculative emails I had a telephone convo with her, which went along the lines of, "We are recruiting for a 3PL were taking over with sites at Doncaster and Goole, so I interupted her and said "if the job is doing tesco deliveries Im not interested, but if its something else Im still interested & we can continue", needless to say at that point she admitted that there wasnt any point continuing

peirre:
DHL are currently recruiting drivers for Doncaster and Goole, (Job vacancy # 6732)
I had a short chat with a lady called Olivia in their recruitment Dept last week when the vacancy came up online, so out of curiosity I applied for it, after a couple of speculative emails I had a telephone convo with her, which went along the lines of, "We are recruiting for a 3PL were taking over with sites at Doncaster and Goole, so I interupted her and said "if the job is doing tesco deliveries Im not interested, but if its something else Im still interested & we can continue", needless to say at that point she admitted that there wasnt any point continuing

It really bugs me that Agencies cant tell you who their clients are until they offer you work. I understand the reasoning as to why but would save so much time :laughing:

toonsy:
Was in there again today for 0730 booking, which is the time I pulled out of the gates having been tipped and load checked etc.

Impressive.

Tbh since that new system has gone in, after it was sorted and people understood how how use it, I can’t recall a time I’ve been stuck in any tesco dc for an excessive amount of time. I know people will have, maybe I’ve just been lucky?

Yes you’ve been lucky , I had to pull out of reading as no time left to tip , change over at Reading srvs , when other driver pulled out of Reading he was comming to services , drop his empty & pick up my loaded tri ( they were informed I’m taking no responsibility for empty there all night , and loaded until he gets there as I’m going to sleep ) , 9 hrs later I wake up , wall to check empty ( which is still there ) , strange it’s the loaded one I dropped for other driver last night , must of tipped it & dropped it back in , no it’s still loaded !!! , ring planner , the loaded tri I dropped last night is still here , I know , we’ve been waiting for you to wake up , foreigner said he didn’t understand so drove straight past reading srvs & came back , can you take it back & see what they say , it’s nigh on 10 hrs late , try , ok , took the tri into Tesco reading the night before at 18.00 apx & finally got it tipped the next day at 10 am , even had a break in the middle , terrible place & Tesco

Soldier z:

Yorkielad:

Norfolkinclue1:

They are doing it now

They are supposed to be doing it now :smiley:

peirre:

Interesting suggestion. What makes you think DHL are taking over Doncaster and Goole Tesco RDC’s?

We took over the Irish stuff Stobrats didn’t want anymore. We lost the frozen warehouse at Crick when Tesco decided to bring it back in house.

It would seem strange to then take over 2 other sites.

Haven’t heard anything along those lines and no stories to back it up either.

Just curious but it doesn’t seem to make much sense to me to be the case.