Biggest Oops moment

Unlike the accident thread this is about stupid mistakes you have done.

My biggest one was probably taking the wrong trailer and driving 2-3 hours to a store only to find out I have the wrong trailer. :grimacing:

Needless to say, they were not impressed.

edit:
Oh, I had another one.
I was asked to drive a rigid. So I threw bag and phone in the truck and went to get the paper work. I jumped back into the truck after getting my paperwork only to realise all my stuff had disappeared. I was so confused.

I searched everywhere in the truck for my bag and phone. After searching for my stuff in the waiting room and the truck for about an hour I realised I jumped into another truck after getting my paperwork.
(All the rigids are all lined up in a row and look identical :grimacing: )

adam277:
Unlike the accident thread this is about stupid mistakes you have done.

My biggest one was probably taking the wrong trailer and driving 2-3 hours to a store only to find out I have the wrong trailer. :grimacing:

Needless to say, they were not impressed.

edit:
Oh, I had another one.
I was asked to drive a rigid. So I threw bag and phone in the truck and went to get the paper work. I jumped back into the truck after getting my paperwork only to realise all my stuff had disappeared. I was so confused.

I searched everywhere in the truck for my bag and phone. After searching for my stuff in the waiting room and the truck for about an hour I realised I jumped into another truck after getting my paperwork.
(All the rigids are all lined up in a row and look identical :grimacing: )

Did you not lock the cab?

I don’t make mistakes, I’m a consummate dedicated driving professional

switchlogic:

Nonsense.
Have you ever dropped a trailer in the yard? Bet you have.

adam277:

switchlogic:

Nonsense.
Have you ever dropped a trailer in the yard? Bet you have.

Nope. Though I did drop my hat once. In a puddle. In November 1942. In France. During the war. During my time as a â– â– â– â– . That could be considered as a fairly big oops

Not a big one
Opened eyes to see clock at 5 am ( times maybe a bit out as long time ago ) , ■■■■■■■ hell over slept , 3 hrs late , ring t.o , overslept mate , be there ASAP , what , don’t make a ■■■■■■■ meal out of it we’ve all been late , laughs , oh ■■■■ off ( he was my mate ) I’m on my way
Comes off phones , mrs says what are you doing , what does it look like I’ve overslept , forgot to set the alarm , but your on holiday today , Jesus ■■■■■■■ Christ , it was no wonder my mate was laughing

Lol , called into office , old boss and lead driver ( old hand), ahh jimmy we’ve put the spare b train back on the road over the weekend, we’re sure you can manage it !. Blah blah , follow Roland to find the quarry and off u go , well hr half later trying to keep up we get to the quarry Roland was just a cloud o dust so in I go ffs turned left of a huge stockpile with the lagoon on the left and f me it’s a dead end with a crusher in front!. Reverse a bloody b train for 20mins trying to get back out was a totally soul destroying effort , well I got out and Roland and the main machine man were sitting there waiting on me . Just a smile and a shake o the head from them. But a real oops moment for me

Way back before I got my proper licenses and was only a lowly 7.5T driver, I was agency with a company in Linwood. Got given keys and paperwork for 4 drops in Paisley. After spending an hour fighting my way through the rush hour traffic I got to the first drop and opened the back door to reveal a very used pallet truck on its side and an empty lorry. Turns out they load you before you leave in the morning. I then spent another hour fighting my way back to get loaded.
To say the TM wasn’t best pleased would be a rather large understatement! :laughing:

dozy:
Not a big one
Opened eyes to see clock at 5 am ( times maybe a bit out as long time ago ) , [zb] hell over slept , 3 hrs late , ring t.o , overslept mate , be there ASAP , what , don’t make a [zb] meal out of it we’ve all been late , laughs , oh ■■■■ off ( he was my mate ) I’m on my way
Comes off phones , mrs says what are you doing , what does it look like I’ve overslept , forgot to set the alarm , but your on holiday today , Jesus [zb] Christ , it was no wonder my mate was laughing

I’m not sure any of us could cope with such an exciting life