Rob's Pot Noodle review

Having an unexpected Saturday night out tonight, looked in my fridge, only one meal left, so decided to leave it for tonight, home made chicken curry, and rhubarb crumble.

So I was feeling a bit peckish at dinnertime, was going to head for Gregg’s for a spicy Mexican roll,.and it dawned on me, :bulb: … a few weeks ago the wife put a pot noodle in my bag, telling me this particular type was nice. :neutral_face:
Just laughed and said ‘No chance’ (especially after years of taking the ■■■■ out of ‘Pot noodle trampers’) but today I thought I’ll give it a go, what the hell.
I came a bit late to the party as it’s the first Pot noodle I’ve ever had believe it or not, but got to confess with it being to my taste, hot and spicy, got to say it was good. :open_mouth:
Ok, I’ll be drawing the line at having one for my main evening meal at anytime, but as a ‘put you on snack’ it was fine.
So I’ve joined the dark side of tramping after all these years. :open_mouth:
Next I’ll be ■■■■■■■■ in a carrier bag, washing me scrote with wet wipes, eating a Ginsters pie at the same time with the other hand, while parked in a narrow lay by with mirrors pulled in being rocked to death :open_mouth: …wtf has happened to me.? :grimacing:

However the only thing I found that was out of my comfort zone was having to eat it naked with the curtains open, after reading the label. :laughing:
Anyhoo…give this brand a try, if you like you ‘proper trampers’ :smiley: it is actually quite hot, and recommended by moi.

Naked do some good stuff Rob, so do Soba and Itsu, things have moved on a bit.
That said, a Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle sandwich ( buttered Warburtons of course ) should still be regarded as food of the gods :grimacing:

Step away from the pot noodle, your on a slippery slop, next you`ll be reviewing manky oranges and cans of lilt

WTF is that masquerading as a Pot Noodle!? Them lot off Masterchef will be livid as a pot noodle is something you add boiling water to, wait and wait, then try to find the one bit of tofu and two peas… then add lots of extra frozen peas plus a ton of ketchup.

Finally, you swear never to eat one of these again, until next week. Pretty sure Dozy will back me up on this. Whereas apart from it being spicy, that looks more edible.

Ladies and Dozy please avert your gaze from this next bit.

I do have to bring this highbrow food debate crashing to the floor for a minute as the title should have been “Robroy shows off the big one between his legs while eating naked”. Could forsee Albion, Animal et al fainting before they even open the post. :open_mouth:

#gets_coat

@ pierre and trev…
Never thought I’d come on here pointing out the virtues of pot ■■■■ noodles, I’m either getting old, or my standards are slipping rapidly…or both.

(Incidentally looking at that pic my work kecks are bloody filthy :open_mouth: , I really must try harder to maintain my decreasing image. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: )

rob i’m more shocked of the fact that a macho man like yourself is knock kneed… :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing:

Rob try a Bombay bad boy ! I’m only allowed them when Mrs gazer is away for the day :open_mouth: cheers Ray p.s make sure the sachet of sauce is well stirred in :smiley:

Oops double post the joys of cider & wine :blush: :grimacing:

Remember to dip your Ginsters into
The pot noodle. Then wash it all down with a nice cold fanta,.

Dozy will be proud that you have succumb to the dark side.

I havent eaten a pot noodle since I went to Paulsgrove in 1986, the crap that goes into that dried up pea and carrot mix is sweepings up from a pig farm.

A Lidl carrier bag and a limp is your future Rob!

msgyorkie:
A Lidl carrier bag and a limp is your future Rob!

Don’t forget the obligatory Bluetooth earpiece and pot noodle stained shirt :laughing:

I’ve tried the naked noodle ones and they’re ok but only as a snack as robroy says. They don’t fill me up so not really a proper meal as such.
However, I have to confess to preferring the Bombay bad boy. It’s the only pot noodle I like but it is pretty nice tbf. I like spice food too!

A big one Naked Noodle is what i have as my main meal through the week when tramping, been eating them for a few years, very tasty, they put pot noodles to shame.
A big one Mug Shot isn’t bad either

I was only out one night last week but I had the beef stew that I’d made on Sunday in the slow cooker. With some mash it was delicious! No potted noodle ‘meal’ will ever come close!

As already mentioned by a few , Bombay bad arse is the best pot noodle followed by beef and tomato Although now I’m getting sick to death of eating em they always seem to be on offer somewhere :open_mouth:

All the ‘Pot noodle trampers’ are coming out of the woodwork I see. :laughing:
Oh ■■■■ :blush: …I’m one of em now, my life’s been a lie. :laughing: : : :laughing:

Hoisin sauce and noodles is a fave