Isuzu N35 3.5T car transporter

javnas:
Hello all,

I’m looking to buy a new isuzu n35 3.5t twin wheel car transporter built by KFS and has payload of 1460kg. I’m more interested in it because of its towing capacity and reliability being a Japanese vehicle. I’m planning to keep it well beyond the 3 year period .

I would also appreciate to know how do they drive on motorway sitting at 65/70 MPH. I heard the latest incarnation has been vastly improved in terms of driving characteristics.

Being pro’s out there, what would be your thoughts on this please.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Alan

I had one for my last month in recovery work. So hopefully you will find what I say helpful.

The bed is good as far as a demountable goes for loading cars with spoilers etc. Although I found a ‘tilt-and-slide’ a great advantage for accidents work as one can lift with the bed. Demountables are not so strong.

As for driving mine only did 11 mpg (my Renault did 22 mpg) and the seat is the most uncomfortable I have ever been in. For driving comfort analogy - compare a Ford Focus with a Morris Minor. I tweaked my back in it first day and demanded my old Renault back - had her for a month and then back to the Isuzu… and so I left.

You may find it ok but before you buy take it for a good long drive as seat comfort is paramount for long trips. It’s basically a budget recovery truck and the alternative is an Iveco. But these have a van engine and are not that robust. My firm had 4 and each one had an engine rebuild on warranty.

For a 2nd hand purchase I’d try and find a good 10T truck with 17ft bed.