Drivers turned away from ports will be clamped in Kent

What a sorry state society has become today so much for being a key worker in the supply chain…
It really makes me feel sick inside they are even getting the local gestapo involved by supplying an app for their phones.
Article from Motor Transport

Hauliers have been warned their vehicles will be clamped if they are found parked up waiting for permission to cross the Channel after being turned away from ports.

Kent County Council (KCC) is even encouraging the public to download an app that lets them snoop on HGV drivers parked illegally and report them to the police.

The restrictions mean drivers who park illegally or anti-socially in Ashford, Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone & Hythe, Maidstone, Swale and Thanet risk clamping and fines.

Simon Jones, KCC director of highways, said: “There remains a risk of disruption as some freight is turned back from ports and inland border checkpoints, such as Sevington, if newly-required border paperwork is not in order.

“In these instances, HGVs must return to their base of operation and not simply park up on the local road network and wait to get their permissions sorted.

“We appreciate HGV drivers are having to deal with new cross-Channel travel requirements and we have worked hard to ensure hauliers are aware of our new powers, and our targeted approach to enforcement, including distributing information leaflets,” Jones added.

The council said people can report illegally parked HGVs via the ‘HGV Watch’ category of the Country Eye app.

“In these instances, HGV’s must return to their base of operation “ These people really have no idea do they? Cloud cuckoo land springs to mind.

On a separate note, I was under the impression that clamping had been made illegal? Obviously not looking at some of the pictures on Facetube.

They don’t appreciate anything and the joke line about returning to their base of operation do these numbskulls not realise that is exactly what they are trying to do :imp:

“Illegally or anti-socially parked”?
So, someone legally parked, but not “socially*” parked will he clamped?

• who decides what is “anti-social” parking?

I could actually make some money going down south :open_mouth: and taking my big bolt croppers in the pick up :laughing:

I can see an opening for some good freight forwarding agents to set up shop in Essex, a Covid Testing site, lorry parking and ship out of Ipswich. Felixstowe Yarmouth, Tilbury. Purfleet. Dagenham. Put the shower of slit out of business at Lord Warden House. Dover and Folkestone.

Punchy Dan:
I could actually make some money going down south :open_mouth: and taking my big bolt croppers in the pick up :laughing:

You’d better be quick Dan :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Return to their operating centres? Given that 99 % of them will be European, that’s exactly what they are trying to do FFS!
Lorry drivers and associated trades are the last large body of industrial workers who could bring the whole UK to a shuddering halt in 72hrs, or less, if they acted collectively. No blockades or slow moving convoys, no violent confrontations, just a dignified silence caused by just not turning up for work.
What are the chances of that happening? Less than zero, and the authorities know that. So if people won’t act to change it, we all need to keep bending over and taking it right up the fundament.

Disgusting, you can expect the curtain twitchers and dog walkers out with their phones now grassing up drivers and get a commission or percentage of the fine or clamping release fee .
Haven’t the general public get better things to do ? As drivers, we should all go snooping around their houses and report them for COVID law breaking.

the maoster:

Punchy Dan:

Another job I’ve lost out on :unamused:

Punchy Dan:

the maoster:

Punchy Dan:

Another job I’ve lost out on :unamused:

Bloody east European gas axers coming here and stealing our jobs! :imp: :imp: :imp:

This could only happen in this ■■■■ bag cluster ■■■■ of an industry. :imp:

In an area where there is already a chronic shortage of parking, (especially when you consider that said area is one of, if not THE main artery in and out of Europe for trucks,) instead of coming up with a solution to a problem (don’t give a ■■■■ if problem was or wasn’t caused by Brexit either before the usual suspect (s) chips in :unamused: ) they actively add to the problem by putting further restrictions,.(and just for good measure penalties) on to it.
They ignore the fact that trucks are parking up because they have to by LAW …where are they supposed to go ffs.
Unreal,.why is the Govt Dept of Transport not stepping in with some kind of solution.

Tarmaceater:
Disgusting, you can expect the curtain twitchers and dog walkers out with their phones now grassing up drivers and get a commission or percentage of the fine or clamping release fee .
Haven’t the general public get better things to do ? As drivers, we should all go snooping around their houses and report them for COVID law breaking.

Where on earth do you get the idea that there’s any sort of commission, percentage or other financial inducement involved?

No self respecting lorry driver wants to go to London or Kent, just starve them out, let them get their shopping from France

The resolution is for Drivers to refuse to deliver to Kent - unlikely to happen tho

whisperingsmith:
The resolution is for Drivers to refuse to deliver to Kent - unlikely to happen tho

It ain’t the drivers, it’s their employers that should be refusing to send their trucks in there until at least this fiasco was sorted short term, then go on to demand some reasonable parking facilities there .
All sorts of things could be achieved in theory, but never in reality. :unamused:

whisperingsmith:

It ain’t the drivers, it’s their employers that should be refusing to send their trucks in there until at least this fiasco was sorted short term, then go on to demand some reasonable parking facilities there .
All sorts of things could be achieved in theory, but never in reality. :unamused:

robroy:

whisperingsmith:

I’am doing my bit not to go in to London ,I’ve even stopped partially covering the number plate since one or two folk got done for it . :blush:

So, would it be cheaper to park on the verge and cop a fine?
telegraph.co.uk/business/20 … ms-checks/
But at least the hauliers get the blame for everything and Johnson can say “No trucks queuing in Manston”.

KCC is hated within the county, they have to be shamed into action over some issues meanwhile seen as having a conflict of interest regarding its right to object or approve developments on highways grounds, while in some cases actually being the landowner of the proposed site and about to benefit potentially from the sale. Below is a list of the posts attracting a salary greater then the UK Prime Minister is paid.

kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/p … 50,000.pdf