Truck Sat Nav Apps

Does anyone know of any navigation apps that can be used on a phone that have all the features of a truck sat nav, asking for a friend whose company is upgrading it’s fleet to 1 x 44t artic and 2 x 28t 6 wheelers, he is based around Dorset and working in agri so obviously would like something decent to avoid any embarrassing moments, thanks.

TomTom my Drive.

If there doing agriculture type deliveries, then local knowledge and O/S maps and A/Z are the best with help from Google maps.

biggriffin:
TomTom my Drive.

If there doing agriculture type deliveries, then local knowledge and O/S maps and A/Z are the best with help from Google maps.

Thanks, he says they do use maps but are looking at other options as well.

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ds.android

And its free. be using along side Igo maps and works ok

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Copilot GPS Nav & Traffic does lorries, allows you to input vehicle height, length, width and weight and has a mobile phone version.

We have it on the Microlise in our trucks for when we’re running 16ft 3in trailers. Does an OK job but like biggriffin says if you’re on agriculture other options are better. My lad does a load of stuff to farms, uses Google Maps and Google Streetview along with a phone call to the farmer if there’s not an obvious way in.

We have Copilot at the firm i mainly work for . Marvelous for 99% of the time . Always got Google maps for back up, but only as last resort. I always put the post code into Google Maps first thing off Microlise just in case it shuts down. Been known!

We have Copilot at the firm i mainly work for . Marvelous for 99% of the time . Always got Google maps for back up, but only as last resort. I always put the post code into Google Maps first thing off Microlise just in case it shuts down. Been known!

The TomTom app doesn’t have a truck option yet especially bridge heights, and I cringe whenever I see truck drivers using it, though it must be standard equipment for Stobart drivers :stuck_out_tongue: