GREAT NEWS

First vaccine approved with no compromises.

theguardian.com/society/202 … -in-the-uk

What are the medium and long term effects :question:
Oh yes = we don’t know :unamused:
Now it’s up to each individual to decide where the most risk is - getting covid or getting a vaccine

I won’t be rushing to get it until I see what effects are on others after a few months.
Then again I don’t trust anybody, or readily believe anything I’m told by official bodies, but there you go.
Let me know in 6 months how yer getting on Jake. :smiley:

I’m scared of needles.

And in Sock news today.

You can wear socks while getting the vaccine…

I won’t be getting it, i’m in my 40’s and fit as a fiddle, so why vaccinate against something which won’t kill me or make me seriously ill

How many of those who took part in trails for vaccines had already been infected with covid and recovered from it before they took part :question:

I certainly won’t be rushing to get my jab, far too quickly processed for my liking. Normally clinical trials take years, all of a sudden we’re doing it in a matter of months? :confused:
It’s been documented that the government put pressure on the HSE to sign off on PPE standards testing, it’s not hard to imagine there’s been similar pressure on the MHRA.

ROG:
How many of those who took part in trails for vaccines had already been infected with covid and recovered from it before they took part :question:

I would imagine absolutely none. Everyone in the trails would be checked out in many ways. There have been no compromises made when it comes to the safety of the vaccine.
Wonder if the comments would be the same from 70’s and 80’s age groups!

ArcticMonkey:
I won’t be getting it, i’m in my 40’s and fit as a fiddle, so why vaccinate against something which won’t kill me or make me seriously ill

To protect others who may not be so fit from getting it.

jakethesnake:

ArcticMonkey:

+1

I’m in…

I’m rolling my sleeve up already.

I’ll add it to my collection of MMR, hepatitis, meningitis, tetanus, diptheria, yellow fever, typhoid, polio and pnuemonia jabs. All very nasty diseases from which I’ve never suffered.

Tested on 50,000 of which 50% were placebo subjects, no ill effects from 25,000 is good enough for me.

jakethesnake:

ArcticMonkey:

Then they should get the vaccine if they feel they are in the at risk category, that way it doesn’t matter if i have the virus and i’m in close contact with them

It seems like there isn’t going to be such a thing as THE vaccine.

Keeping this one at -70C and monitoring compliance isn’t going to be simple, so it seems likely another one with less stringent storage conditions might become preferred.

jakethesnake:

Well unless you are an apron strings expat you’ll not be getting it anytime soon the EU regulatory body says it is unlikely to be approved in the EU before the end of December

ArcticMonkey:

The people working in the stores at Howdens who got it were mostly the warehouse lads younger than you and also fit as a fiddle from all the lifting of kitchen cabinets, worktops etc they do all day long and at some of the worst hit ones they had so many staff off they were back to running click and collect with maybe 5/6 staff out of 15-20. One place up north was hit so bad they had to draft in staff from other stores. One of the managers who got it was a semi-professional cyclist and it completely floored him for weeks.

ROG:

You know they were able to test to see if you had already had it?

Conor:

ROG:

You know they were able to test to see if you had already had it?

Is there a test which can do that after 9 months :question:

Mazzer2:

jakethesnake:

Well unless you are an apron strings expat you’ll not be getting it anytime soon the EU regulatory body says it is unlikely to be approved in the EU before the end of December

I never said I was going to get it soon. I ain’t that bothered if it’s not for another few months because we are fairly safe where we are. As long as places like hospitals and care homes in the UK can be made safer I’ll be more than happy.

Ah Snake another little thread, guess you’ve got the media to give you clout this time as you can’t back yourself up !!