Asda Lutterworth

Hello,

Anybody know what there like to work for I.e pay, hours (4x4 or 5 on 2off) etc

Got an assessment next week so just wanted a heads up if possible.

Any info would be great

Cheers

Do a search as question was asked last week !

Sent from my truck

Cheers, didn’t check beforehand so my bad.

Don’t come on here often!

5x9hrs or 4x11.25hrs for a 45hr week.
Not all in a row so some single rest days in the middle.
Working week from Sunday to Saturday.
Working somewhere around 60% of weekend days. (not sure about Lutterworth, but in the last re rota at my depot we have tried and pretty much succeeded in getting every other weekend off, apart from 1 where we do a Sunday on its own.) They do try to have you off all weekend rather than splitting them up.
Overtime in the form of rest day working for 11.25hr drivers and second runs for 9hr drivers if you are seeking it.
Not seeking overtime and you will only be planned for your contracted hours apart from a week before Easter and Xmas where they can plan you up to 12 (most of the time not as there is usually plenty of grabbers to cover loads).
207hrs of holiday a year (worked out hourly as there are 2 different shift patterns) totals 23 days on 9’s, 18 days and a few odd hrs on 11.25’s plus any lieu time accrued via working bank holidays.
Bank holidays worked, choice of single pay and double lieu hrs or double pay and single lieu hrs, not worked single pay.
Pay rate advertised is the standard rate for new starters for any hrs between 06.00 and 14.00. Any hrs between 14.00 and 22.00 get a “late” premium. Any hrs between 22.00 and 06.00 get a “night” premium and any hrs over you contracted hrs get an OT rate on top of the standard and any late or night premiums. Not sure exactly what those premiums are as I am at a different depot and rates are different at depots around the country.
Hope thats covered most of what you need.

Fuzrat:
5x9hrs or 4x11.25hrs for a 45hr week.
Not all in a row so some single rest days in the middle.
Working week from Sunday to Saturday.
Working somewhere around 60% of weekend days. (not sure about Lutterworth, but in the last re rota at my depot we have tried and pretty much succeeded in getting every other weekend off, apart from 1 where we do a Sunday on its own.) They do try to have you off all weekend rather than splitting them up.
Overtime in the form of rest day working for 11.25hr drivers and second runs for 9hr drivers if you are seeking it.
Not seeking overtime and you will only be planned for your contracted hours apart from a week before Easter and Xmas where they can plan you up to 12 (most of the time not as there is usually plenty of grabbers to cover loads).
207hrs of holiday a year (worked out hourly as there are 2 different shift patterns) totals 23 days on 9’s, 18 days and a few odd hrs on 11.25’s plus any lieu time accrued via working bank holidays.
Bank holidays worked, choice of single pay and double lieu hrs or double pay and single lieu hrs, not worked single pay.
Pay rate advertised is the standard rate for new starters for any hrs between 06.00 and 14.00. Any hrs between 14.00 and 22.00 get a “late” premium. Any hrs between 22.00 and 06.00 get a “night” premium and any hrs over you contracted hrs get an OT rate on top of the standard and any late or night premiums. Not sure exactly what those premiums are as I am at a different depot and rates are different at depots around the country.
Hope thats covered most of what you need.

Interesting that they pay different rates at RDC’s in other areas, at Walmart here in the US all RDC’s pay the same no matter what part of the country your in.

remy:
Interesting that they pay different rates at RDC’s in other areas, at Walmart here in the US all RDC’s pay the same no matter what part of the country your in.

I assume its cost of living in different areas. You guys in the states are paid per mile rather than hourly I read somewhere arent you? Shame we have been bought over here, I heard that Walmart in the US had sponsored Asda drivers to move over there in the past.

Fuzrat:

remy:

I assume its cost of living in different areas. You guys in the states are paid per mile rather than hourly I read somewhere arent you? Shame we have been bought over here, I heard that Walmart in the US had sponsored Asda drivers to move over there in the past.

Yes, paid by the mile and activity whatever region you drive in. Up here in the North East there’s lots of congestion from Boston down to Washington DC but out West drivers can get plenty of miles in. I never heard of Wally trying to entice Asda drivers to come over here.